Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Micky Adams apologist........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What? Just to appease you - I wouldn't waste my time.
I'm not going to get into some sorry binfest with you I'm afraid. My point is simply that you've made glib, self important remarks on this thread from the outset, so for you to talk about "reasoned comments" just because the bloke agrees with you seems a bit rich, considering you've had plenty of time to make the same point properly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
we end up with one of the currently unemployed lower league journeymen managers who have no feeling for the Albion and who's idea of success was once making the 4th Division play-offs.

Sounds like Alan Pardew.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'm not going to get into some sorry binfest with you I'm afraid. My point is simply that you've made glib, self important remarks on this thread from the outset, so for you to talk about "reasoned comments" just because the bloke agrees with you seems a bit rich, considering you've had plenty of time to make the same point properly.

And what was it that made me respond to you my friend - oh, it was a glib comment wasn't it? And self-important, HAH! now that is definately rich coming from you.

Listen, I'm not interested in a binfest either, I'm just making a mockery of the fact that people like Richie Morris, Hans Kraay, Silent Bob etc, are all throwing out panic quotes that, even now, we are in a relegation battle, and Adams is the worst manager since the dawn of time, and this club is going backwards, right at the point where we announce that Falmer is starting. Granted the team is not where we would all want it to be right now, but get some f-ing perspective, its November, let's have this discussion in March or April when we are closer to knowing where we are more likely to end up.

Anyway, that's my last post on this thread, because you're all boring me now.

Ta-ra!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For the record, I haven't been to any games this season. I got fed-up of the football being served up under Wilkins, and decided not to renew my season ticket the year before last. There - does that satisfy you? Does that make me any less eligible for an opinion? No - more disloyal? Probably!

And I'm not criticising people for having a moan, it's the continuous bullshit that he is a crap manager, and we have made a enormous mistake getting him back etc etc... Yes it's not good, yes we are struggling for form and consistency, but is that ALL the managers fault? I would beg to differ.

So you say that based on the fact you have NOT been at all this season?

It does mean your opinion is slightly diluted. If you could see some of the ABJECT performances served up (sometimes with annoying regularity) I think you may agree that people have good cause to moan and yes even question Adams.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
i don't understand the papering over the cracks idea. Can someone explain which games were papering over the cracks? Surely with games like walsall, which we should have won, all the other games have been levelled out? Doesn't the season generally level out on it's own? Seriously Harty, a team doesn't get to 7th if it doesn't deserve to be there! We had a league just as hard last season, Forrest and Leeds; both big clubs. Forrest has just been replaced with Leicester. There is no difference. I fail to see how, as you said, one result will push us in form. We have destroyed milwall and now nothing has changed. We are still awful. You have to admit, 20th place is between us colchester, yeovil and Lorient. We are going no where this season and won't under Adams.

Errrrr excuse me but compared to what had gone before he was an instant success...........................

one decent half season under Horton that was royally screwed up by Jeff Wood. consecutive finishes of second from bottom of the league??????

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Listen, I'm not interested in a binfest either, I'm just making a mockery of the fact that people like Richie Morris, Hans Kraay, Silent Bob etc, are all throwing out panic quotes that, even now, we are in a relegation battle, and Adams is the worst manager since the dawn of time, and this club is going backwards, right at the point where we announce that Falmer is starting. Granted the team is not where we would all want it to be right now, but get some f-ing perspective, its November, let's have this discussion in March or April when we are closer to knowing where we are more likely to end up.

Would have been a better thread if you had been honest from the outset and made clear that all your opinions were based on second hand reports. At least they would have been more understandable.

I'm not panicking. I THINK we'll be okay this season. How unbelievably depressing though, that before December 'okay' is as good as it's going to get.

And yes, we ARE in a relegation battle. Look at the table - we are two results from the bottom four. And we are there on merit. All the posters on this board who have actually WATCHED 10, 12, 15 games will tell you that. Sitting behind your keyboard, trying to tell us otherwise, based on what? What happened years ago? What your mate or brother has told you? is ridiculous and I can't believe I've wasted 15 minutes of my day on you.

Perhaps one of the nicer things I have been called on NSC:laugh:

I still believe he is the man for the job but do any of us, and I include myself in that, really know how big the job is?

It's League 1. One division below Championship, one above League 2.

I maintain that despite finishing 7th last year a lot of results did paper over the cracks, and I think that had Dean not got replaced we would be no better off than we are now, perhaps even worse.

Results didn't "paper over cracks", and not half as badly as MA's post-match chats try to. We'll never know if we would be worse or better off - but 7th was actually pretty bloody good and not a reason to sack.

When Micky arrived in 1999 he had a mass summer clearout, this time he couldn't do that straight away, so perhaps the squad still contains players who are not in his long term plans.

We had some good players already, he re-hired a couple of the oldies and supposedly built on the squad....to get WHAT results?? Worse results??

If as SuperPhil revealed on Saturday on the phone-in there are funds available in January then you may see a number of players leaving the club being replaced by permanent signings, which could change the whole situation.

But... the players we have aren't actually 'poor', but are neither playing well or as a team should. Tactics and training are more likely reasons for results, in my opinion. Which players should leave anyway, the ones who were good enough last season that have been augmented by Adams' choices?

I still think we can make the play-offs, it will be very hard but not impossible but even if we don't we will certainly not be anywhere near the relegation zone at the end of the season.

Who cares about this season now? It's a hard task alright and will be harder at this rate. No guarantees on things improving, as I say the players are already good enough - so the problem lies... where?

I think Dean's departure had as much to do with things off the field than on it, therefore anyone who thinks Micky can solve the obvious problems within the club instantly is deluding themsleves.

Well if the problems still exist, they can't be down to DW who the board still offered a job working with Adams. If it's dodgy player attitude, that's not what's showing on the pitch - it's crap tactics. The players ARE normally trying, they ARE normally seen to be working hard, but the tactics are not.

Then again it is a game of opinions and some people think its me that's deluded....

:bigwave:

in a nutshell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here