Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Micky Adams apologist........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The squad didn't need clearing out until Adams resigned Mayo and Hart .

Nothing whatsoever to do with the current position in the table or performances good or bad by the team. Both are out injured fairly long term so you cannot put any blame on them either for being here or resigning a contract that was offered to them, or indeed the manager for offering them one.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not with me you didn't.

I was always behind Wilkins as I could see the long-term benefits of him being at the helm. I cannot say the same for Adams.

Im not going to boo him or anything but certainly would rather we hadn't got him back.

HUGE PR stunt gone wrong.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I give a shit about the long term future of the Albion. I DON'T think that would be best served right now by Adams leaving, however baffled I am with some of his laughable decisions this season.

If things carry on as they are, then the time will come when I may revise that opinion, but for now, to quote Adams himself we 'just have to put up with it'.

So why are you talking about 'keeping the blind faith?' - If you really believe what you have written, aren't you just as blind as anybody else? If so, why do you keep having a go at me or anybody else who is trying to support and defend Adams?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was always behind Wilkins as I could see the long-term benefits of him being at the helm. I cannot say the same for Adams.

Im not going to boo him or anything but certainly would rather we hadn't got him back.

HUGE PR stunt gone wrong.

Absolutely bang on, assessment of the situation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adams is not doing very well, I don't care how it's dressed up. He's also had more financial backing from the board, as far as I can see since er..Micky Adams last time he was here, with the exception of Murray

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you.

I don't see Adams as the manager to take us to Falmer. What about all that talk of Dean Wilkins taking us to Falmer with a young squad full of talented, local players? Clearly that was a nice PR spin at the time.

There is not point boo'ing Adams et al and as fans I expect most people will still get behind the team. Nobody WANTS us to be shit after all.

Not to say I am happy with things though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So why are you talking about 'keeping the blind faith?' - If you really believe what you have written, aren't you just as blind as anybody else? If so, why do you keep having a go at me or anybody else who is trying to support and defend Adams?

I'm not having a go at you for defending anyone. I answered your false assumption that I want Adams sacked, that's all.

The 'Keep the blind faith' comment, is a pretty inoffensive and wholly justified remark on any thread where some people are trying to claim that there is 'no need to be concerned', that 'Micky will get it right', that 'Micky just needs time', simply because he did well before. There is no guarantee at all that he'll succeed this time round and some of us are, and are entitled to be, increasingly concerned at the current [lack of] direction the club's heading in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for Adams.

He came here on the crest of a wave, a huge build up by Dick ( he is the man better suited to take us that bit further - no pressure then) and was seen as a return of the messiah.

he brings back Adam Virgo, one of the hero's from time gone by, he has brought back people who he thought would work, ie Booker and Watson, he has gone out in the loan market and brought in Thornton, Johnson and Asinyah, who are all Championship type players......we have dispatched Man City on a great night for the club, saw off Millwall ( a team flying high) as well as Leicester also a team who will be promoted.

However, the team look rudderless, they struggle to break down teams( Hereford/Cheltenham/hartlepool in the cup) and some of his substitutions baffle us all. More worryingly, without the purchases the STH made, we would be looking at gates of 3000 now ( as per the FA Cup game)

However we were told that he is here for the long haul and we have to "put up with it".

Micky Adams has not suddenly become a bad manager, he has not suddenly lost the ability to motivate a team...so what has gone wrong? Why is this turning into a nightmare? Why are we looking at a relegation fight when last year we just missed out on the playoffs?

Also whilst we are at it, Phill said that he talked to someone who said we would have shed loads of money to spend in January...I will believe this if I see it. I think our situation is now dire and this season is turning into the nighmare scenario of division four football, people only going if they are STH or get freebies.

Its is all very puzzling

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
Whatever anyone thinks about Micky Adams , he obviously has some plan to take the club forward and should be given time to see the job out .Its very easy to critiscise the manager when things arent going well but surely these are the times when he needs support the most ,im sure he gives his support to the players when theyre not personally playing well.Its pointless reflecting on what did or didnt happen last season, decisions were made ,whether they be right or wrong, they were made.Whatever the difference of opinions people may have we all want to see Brighton and Hove Albion do well ,im sure Mr.Adams doesnt tell his players to go out play badly and lose,and im sure the players want to do well ,so give them a chance get behind them even if you think they dont deserve it.Things WILL get better better they usually do .And remember support for your team is unconditionable.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The quality of individual players is better than last season

Unfortunatetly the quality of the team is worse that last season.

Which suggests the quality of the manager is worse, as he is the one who moulds them into a team.

The irony is that Saturday was one of the more entertaining games and better quality passing football we have seen this season and one of the best team selections.

However we never really looked liked breaking them down and as others have said the self belief seems to be evaporating from the players as much as many of the supporters.

Bringing MA back was a mistake, we may well end up in a serious relegation struggle and there is no way we have a cat in hell's chance of promotion. I wish some people would get real and start to accept the facts and not live in the past.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The irony is that Saturday was one of the more entertaining games and better quality passing football we have seen this season and one of the best team selections.

it WAS?!?! remind me to turn down the next offer of a free ticket if thats the best we can expect this season :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here