Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Micky Adams apologist........

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It wasn't 10 years Gritt old boy it was to secure McGhee until we got to Falmer........

Did you not? I could have sworn you said we should secure him on a 10 year contract, but if you didn't you didn't; my apologies.

But please stop talking as if there is no way we could be battling relegation, because alhough I also think we will pull safely away in time, we have certainly not demonstrated enough so far this season for it to be a foregone conclusion. I actually think that we could do with a few relegation-threatened, scrapping, fighting, busting a gut for every challenger type performance that the fear of relegation brings.

That sort of gutsy fighting performance is what (I used to think) Adams brought to a side. He clearly doesn't automatically generate that, so maybe the fear of a relegation battle will do it. Whatever it takes, lame defeats need to stop, and stop NOW!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The really big problem with this 'Micky's been here and done it before' argument is that last time he had Zamora. He even had him in the first season when his goals after Christmas helped us to stay afloat in the league.

Now, maybe he has another one lined up but I just have a feeling that was a huge piece of luck. After all, we were all set to splash out on Pinamonte until Noades did us a huge favour and outbid us. If we'd signed him there's no way we would have even thought of Zamora.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Did you not? I could have sworn you said we should secure him on a 10 year contract, but if you didn't you didn't; my apologies.

10 year contracts, Foster, Robinson etc did this club a lot of harm, so I would never advocate anyone getting such a deal, even Micky Adams!, maybe from when I said it with Mark to when we finally get to Falmer it might have turned into 10 years, but don't quote me on that........

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I pose a question you gents: Say it became 100% clear we were in a relegation fight - actually sitting in the relegation zone with 5 or 6 other poor teams around us; do you think the team/manager would begin to impove heavily (Better, consistent performence for a string of games) or stay as lacklustre as before?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
At the moment its all "ifs and buts", comparing this and that. However, the big decision will need to be made if we are in the relegation zone after Xmas. Do the board stick with Adams then and support him with hard cash, because we simply cannot afford to be relegated now that Falmer is being built.

So yes, the next 5 games are critical for both Adams and the board.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
At the moment its all "ifs and buts", comparing this and that. However, the big decision will need to be made if we are in the relegation zone after Xmas. Do the board stick with Adams then and support him with hard cash, because we simply cannot afford to be relegated now that Falmer is being built.

So yes, the next 5 games are critical for both Adams and the board.

I simply don't agree that we cannot 'afford' to be relegated because Falmer is about to be built. Nobody wants to be relegated, and theoritically, it does a lot of damage for reputations if we are relegated, but to say we can't 'afford' it is sensationalist.

Both Swansea and Hull started with new stadiums in the bottom division, so you don't HAVE to be in a certain division to get a new stadium.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I pose a question you gents: Say it became 100% clear we were in a relegation fight - actually sitting in the relegation zone with 5 or 6 other poor teams around us; do you think the team/manager would begin to impove heavily (Better, consistent performence for a string of games) or stay as lacklustre as before?

you would hope they would improve, but some people lose the bottle for a fight, and cannot perform

I think the problem is that too many players are guaranteed to start and have become complacent, so their form has dropped. That maybe the problem with the defence, Whing, Richards and Elphick were all pretty good last year. This year they are not at the same high standard. But there is no real room to replace them in the starting 11. Especially Whing and Richards. So no matter how badly they play, they are pretty certain to start the next game.

They are not shit players, any of them, but are so out of form, its making the season a struggle so far

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
you would hope they would improve, but some people lose the bottle for a fight, and cannot perform

I think the problem is that too many players are guaranteed to start and have become complacent, so their form has dropped. That maybe the problem with the defence, Whing, Richards and Elphick were all pretty good last year. This year they are not at the same high standard. But there is no real room to replace them in the starting 11. Especially Whing and Richards. So no matter how badly they play, they are pretty certain to start the next game.

They are not shit players, any of them, but are so out of form, its making the season a struggle so far

But the manager has to take the blame for the players being out of form??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ok, Ok you want Adams sacked - WE GET IT.

No I don't, actually, so pipe down.

I didn't want him here, but there's nothing to gain by sacking him now. We couldn't afford it for starters.

All that PISSES me off, is f***ing KNOBS trying to patronise anyone who dares suggest things are not going well, and making out that they are either idiots or disloyal.

I'll be at Stockport tomorrow night, disloyal idiot that I am. Will you?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
No I don't, actually, so pipe down.

I didn't want him here, but there's nothing to gain by sacking him now. We couldn't afford it for starters.

All that PISSES me off, is f***ing KNOBS trying to patronise anyone who dares suggest things are not going well, and making out that they are either idiots or disloyal.

I'll be at Stockport tomorrow night, disloyal idiot that I am. Will you?

Nope. And I never called you disloyal, however, if you genuinely think that the football is that f***ing rubbish, you really are an idiot for going all that way. What PISSES me off is the relentless banging out about comparisons to last season, and the fact that Adams is a shit manager. No he isn't, things are just not going well, that doesn't equal shit manager.

And you do want him sacked, would you prefer he wasn't here? Yes, so you want him sacked, it's not rocket-science. And don't hide behind 'we couldn't afford it', you wouldn't give a shit how we afford it if he was to get the boot tomorrow.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The squad didn't need clearing out until Adams resigned Mayo and Hart and went and signed Hawkins.

Players and managers should never go back. Always going to end badly.

If it was a new manager who had replaced Wilkins and not Adams far more people would be calling for his head.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The squad didn't need clearing out until Adams resigned Mayo and Hart and went and signed Hawkins.

Players and managers should never go back. Always going to end badly.

If it was a new manager who had replaced Wilkins and not Adams far more people would be calling for his head.

As opposed to you who calls for any managers head if we are below 3rd in the table?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What? I don't call for the manager's head if we are below third. BUT I did call for McGhee's after our run of something like 6 wins in 40 games and I AM calling for Adams' is because he is taking us backwards.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
What? I don't call for the manager's head if we are below third. BUT I did call for McGhee's after our run of something like 6 wins in 40 games and I AM calling for Adams' is because he is taking us backwards.

And Wilkins - you're vocal chords were in fine working order during the early part of his reign?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And you do want him sacked, would you prefer he wasn't here? Yes, so you want him sacked, it's not rocket-science. And don't hide behind 'we couldn't afford it', you wouldn't give a shit how we afford it if he was to get the boot tomorrow.

With all DUE respect, you can f***ing do one. Don't come on here telling me what I think, and what I 'give a shit about'. I give a shit about the long term future of the Albion. I DON'T think that would be best served right now by Adams leaving, however baffled I am with some of his laughable decisions this season.

He personally has cost us results this year. If he was big enough he'd admit the same, as would the blinkered few still blindly defending him on here.

If things carry on as they are, then the time will come when I may revise that opinion, but for now, to quote Adams himself we 'just have to put up with it'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here