Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Masters

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Don't think there is already a thread on this, if there is I apologise !!

Anybody had a bet as yet? Who do people fancy?

Could this finally be Westwoods or Donalds time for their first major?

For what it's worth I have backed Adam Scott 33-1, Jason Day 35-1, Matt Koucher 60-1 and Hunter Mahan 30-1.

All EW with Paddy Power paying first 6.

What the f@&$ do you know about golf?
Only joking Cec.................:lol:

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuke Donald 14's WIN
Hunter Mahan 40's EW
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickie Fowler 100/1 EW
Simon Dyson 200/1 EW

:banana:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Thursday i think might be washed out, the storms that hit other parts of America are hitting on Thursday.

Should be interesting just thinking open the Scottish open i think it was last year or year before when it was a wash out.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Another good bet is for Miguel-Angel Jimenez to be top Spaniard at 5/1. He only has 4 opponents in Garcia who apparently has a septic finger, Quiros whose short game isn't good enough for Augusta, Masters debut making Fernandez-Castano and the over the hill Olazabal. Playing with Tiger The Mechanic will be in his element and I have a suspicion he wont actually have to finish that high to win this market. There's no way he should be 5/1. Ladbrokes, B365 and VC are the bookies to go to. Paddy Powers have a more realistic 10/3.

Looks like Tomorrows earlier starters will be favoured as they will get most of the round in Tomorrow and then probably round 2 on Saturday whereas the later starters will be playing in the worst of the weather Tomorrow and Friday and will probably be on and off the course both days.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another good bet is for Miguel-Angel Jimenez to be top Spaniard at 5/1. He only has 4 opponents in Garcia who apparently has a septic finger, Quiros whose short game isn't good enough for Augusta, Masters debut making Fernandez-Castano and the over the hill Olazabal. Playing with Tiger The Mechanic will be in his element and I have a suspicion he wont actually have to finish that high to win this market. There's no way he should be 5/1. Ladbrokes, B365 and VC are the bookies to go to. Paddy Powers have a more realistic 10/3.

Looks like Tomorrows earlier starters will be favoured as they will get most of the round in Tomorrow and then probably round 2 on Saturday whereas the later starters will be playing in the worst of the weather Tomorrow and Friday and will probably be on and off the course both days.

Outstanding value, I'm having a pony on that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bubba Watson, Bo Van Pelt, Hunter Mahan, Brandt Snedeker, Johnson Wagner...do you get more points on the USPGA Tour for having a stupid name?

(see also Davis Love III, Fuzzy Zoeller, Fred Funk, Notah Begay, Duffy Waldorf, Dickie Pride)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
I've backed Mahan @ 60-1 (before he won last weekend), Day @ 40-1 (desperately unlucky last year) and Bo Van Pelt (Excellent Putting stats and consistent top 4 finisher @ 80-1

I got Bo Van Pelt @100/1 a few days ago! For exactly the same reasons!

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012

he's now 10/3 but still a very good tip. Thanks!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought it was all on Sky live, but I see coverage doesn't start til 7 this eveing, but tee-offs start at lunchtime. I'm working at home, so really want to watch the early stuff - after the cricket has finished, obviously.

It's on the red button from about 3pm I think. Basically as soon as the first starters get to Amen Corner they've got the feed of those 3 holes and then I think from about 5pm they've got two pairings until the main stuff starts at 7pm.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's on the red button from about 3pm I think. Basically as soon as the first starters get to Amen Corner they've got the feed of those 3 holes and then I think from about 5pm they've got two pairings until the main stuff starts at 7pm.

Ok ta. It helps me work (I doubt that very much, but c'est la vie)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here