Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Masters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well looking forward to watching golf considering BBC just lost Scottish and PGA champs so we will only have 6 days of golf on BBC this year. Great why we have to pay for BBC to watch shite like strictly is starting to f*** me off.
When is it on the Beeb?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've got £2 ew on Lucas Glover 300/1, Robert Garrigus 250/1 and Rory Sabattini 275/1.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I fancy Justin Rose to put in a good show this year, also Rickie Fowler, think he has a chance. Will do both of them along with Rory, Westwood and Donald.

I may also have little nibble with a Fred Couples...recent years has proven that an old timer enjoys his 4 days at the masters and I think this year could be his.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I've been following Rickie Fowler for last 6 months and have no reason to stop now. Expecting big things from him in the future. Luke Donald has such a good short game he has to be respected. Also for the real golf nuts out there, can somebody give me a couple of names of philipino outsiders, as I think they are always a good each way shout and definitely a emerging nation. KJ Choi and Anthony Kim are too short and too obvious.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I've been following Rickie Fowler for last 6 months and have no reason to stop now. Expecting big things from him in the future. Luke Donald has such a good short game he has to be respected. Also for the real golf nuts out there, can somebody give me a couple of names of philipino outsiders, as I think they are always a good each way shout and definitely a emerging nation. KJ Choi and Anthony Kim are too short and too obvious.

Sang-Moon Bae is your man (consistently good over the last year)
Also Ryo Ishikawa is a big price and worth a shout

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

It's a tournament that has been dominated by Yanks in recent years, I believe 24 of the 27 top 3 finishers since 2004 have been from USA.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Rory and Lee e/ws
Also gone for Snedeker - apparently he's a local lad and in good form at mo.
Think Justin Rose has a chance but can't get myself to back him solely because he is very irritating.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would love to see Rose win this one, he's looked pretty good this year so far. Mickelson started the year on fire, but has faded lately. Mahan won last w/e, so could be in form. Out of a field of 96 (?), it's a tough one to pick.

Heart says Rose, Westwood or Woods.
Head says Mahan, Bubba or Woods.

Whatever you think about Tiger, he's back to decent form, and parts of his game, in particular his driving, are probably better than before.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I've gone for R-Mac, Mahan and Rose to win, although Mahans short game could let him down (great putter but not the best chipper).

E/W Ive gone for:

Robert Karlsson - 150/1 - when on form he's excellent
Johnson Wagner - 125/1 - top of FedEx cup in USA, very constantly there or there abouts.
Robert Garrigus - 250/1 - Astounding value. Always in contention in America.
Anders Hanson - 250/1 - again... great value, he is very solid.
Zach Johnsson - 100/1 - plays well at the masters if memory serves me right

All done on Paddy Power So if Tiger wins I get my money back!

Just hope phil doesnt perform, he's got a good chance too.

Can't wait :D par 3 tourney tonight :)

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
This is the tournament i blame for a longstanding gambling habit - following two years in a row when I got Zach Johnson and Trevor Immelman both at 125-1 (£2 e/w). This year I reckon strong returns on Luke Donald and Hunter Mahan and Westwood all a massive £3 e/w followed by my standing Major bets for Bubba Watson and Brandt Sneedeker.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Par 3s tonight cant wait!

Not had a bet yet but will probably go Garrigus and maybe Tiger, does anyone know if the RP did a special feature on it today as they used to on the Wednesday before a majour, but I cant check the website at work to see if the paper did?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here