Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I t

And I’d say you’ve every right to be. We all should be. I’ve read quite a few dismissive posts on here regarding Reform and Farage since Thursday; but I believe when we look back in years to come, the story of this election just gone will be the emergence of Reform.

Over 4 million votes (4 f***ing million!) from a standing start. That’s 45% of the number of votes Labour got.
Their policies on "cost of living" grabbed a lot of interest. More money to every household by increasing the tax allowance at every threshold.

They have a few policies that seem to resonate with different pockets of society and they are gathering momentum. I know a few people who voted for them and their popularity is a growing concern

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We roll into Day 3…….this will shake off the taste of Negroni. Power to the people!

D4BACADF-F3FF-4036-AC58-35D82D2DB331.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And to address the OP’s question, how’s it going? Just fine

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I t

And I’d say you’ve every right to be. We all should be. I’ve read quite a few dismissive posts on here regarding Reform and Farage since Thursday; but I believe when we look back in years to come, the story of this election just gone will be the emergence of Reform.

Over 4 million votes (4 f***ing million!) from a standing start. That’s 45% of the number of votes Labour got.
Hopefully those numbered will keep growing

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
France should be a warning.
Not just France. Netherlands, Italy, Belgium and even Germany to add to Hungary.

A lot of people in the past would have liked to vote LibDems but considered it a "wasted" vote. I think a lot of people this election equally considered Reform a "wasted" vote. Following their clear success from a standing start, I think it is very possible that their Party will grow considerably in the future.Their results should be an alarming wake up call to Labour as well.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If anyone truly believes that Starmer and the Labour Government will in any way improve life for the average person in this country they've got a huge shock coming.
Given the previous Government made life considerably worse for the average person in this country, I’ll settle for arresting the decline for the time being.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
hash browns !…. get them orf the breakfast plate.
The baked beans look a bit dry too.
But a very good choice of accompanying sauce.
I appreciate potato products on an FEB are very divisive. Friends have strong opinions on this. I like hash browns though.

The baked beans are home made by the butcher who makes the bacon and black and white pudding. They’re very good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I t

UKIP polled 3.8 million votes in 2015 so it’s not exactly a standing start just a few thousand more rebranding.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Their policies on "cost of living" grabbed a lot of interest. More money to every household by increasing the tax allowance at every threshold.

They have a few policies that seem to resonate with different pockets of society and they are gathering momentum. I know a few people who voted for them and their popularity is a growing concern
Billions of pounds of unfunded tax cuts. Farage fell apart and got angry every time he was pressed on this matter. His tax cuts were Liz Truss x10.

They appeal to those who don't/won't question what's put before them, and refuse to listen to facts. And also those who like the racist undertones of his words.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Day three. Disappointed Starmer hasn't stopped the 'war' in Gaza. No wonder all the Muslims voted against Labour. Laura K just asked the new secretary of state what Labour are going to do about all that lost support. He didn't promise to stop the 'war'. Shocking.

After 3 days, Labour are already finished. FINISHED. Finished. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here