Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I do wonder how many of the people OUTRAGED by Sue Gray's £170K salary and 20K pay rise were equally OUTRAGED when Dominic Cummings and his sidekick Lee Cain both got pay rises well in excess of £40K in 2020 to take their salaries to between £140K and £150K (inflation adjusted to 2024 £173K - £185K ).

I'm willing to bet that it would be an entirely different group of OUTRAGED people and there's nobody who has posted their DISGUST at both on NSC :laugh:
Reading The Times this morning, I get the impression that quite a few Labourites are less than pleased with Sue Gray’s remuneration.
Personally, I couldn’t care less, but it seems to have ruffled quite a few feathers amongst her ‘colleagues and political allies’.
Seems like Bry Nylon and I were thinking along similar lines.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I do wonder how many of the people OUTRAGED by Sue Gray's £170K salary and 20K pay rise were equally OUTRAGED when Dominic Cummings and his sidekick Lee Cain both got pay rises well in excess of £40K in 2020 to take their salaries to between £140K and £150K (inflation adjusted to 2024 £173K - £185K ).

I'm willing to bet that it would be an entirely different group of OUTRAGED people and there's nobody who has posted their DISGUST at both on NSC :laugh:
No OUTRAGE here - just surprised that Gray now earns more than her boss - and had the chance to set her salary slightly lower than KS, but chose not to, which according to Chris Mason p*ssed off the majority of the cabinet.

I guess it's clear who wears the trousers in the SG/KS relationship.

Only question is who paid for them?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading The Times this morning, I get the impression that quite a few Labourites are less than pleased with Sue Gray’s remuneration.
Personally, I couldn’t care less, but it seems to have ruffled quite a few feathers amongst her ‘colleagues and political allies’.

That is, politics. Anyone who thought 'the next lot in charge' would be a cozy unified front, must've forgotten about or been unaware of the backstabbing and jockeying for position that goes on in every party. Never just a Tory thing, look at the SNP and Welsh Labour in recent years.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Starmers freebies it's going to taint him amazing how something for nothing or greed can cloud a person's judgement.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

You do make me LAUGH. No issue with what they are paid, they are doing top jobs so should get top wages, in the private sector it would be multiple times that. More interested in the RUMBLES and GRUMBLES about her that are going on behind the scenes painting an impression of DISUNITY. Just see the BBC article by Chris Mason today. That said I'm more than willing to bet you were OUTRAGED and DISGUSTED when Boris changed his wallpaper but seek to JUSTIFY a donor paying for some suits and dresses who also happens to have had a Downing Street PASS. But then that would make you a HYPOCRITE wouldn't it?. (Pointless emoji omitted).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
That is, politics. Anyone who thought 'the next lot in charge' would be a cozy unified front, must've forgotten about or been unaware of the backstabbing and jockeying for position that goes on in every party. Never just a Tory thing, look at the SNP and Welsh Labour in recent years.
It is indeed, but what a start by this lot……About 3-0 down in the first 10 minutes and all own goals!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is indeed, but what a start by this lot……About 3-0 down in the first 10 minutes and all own goals!

All by own goals.

Two things for me:
- At first I thought he WFA move was good. Then I listened to folk I know, also in radio interviews, who cherish/need it (just above pension credit). Reeves/Starmer would’ve looked good by listening and acting too, not weak.
- The realisation that they’re freeloading at gigs etc. Whether it be the Windsor’s, Blair or Tory ministers, this has always pissed me off. Join the back of the queue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Clearly you don't. Since you keep standing by your original bollocks and trying to deflect. I had no ulterior motive in the original thread. Better to end it in the truth than your head. Feel free to have the last word as I'm sure you will. I'm out.
Whatever.

But your thread did give me an idea as I do feel a need for a separate area where us true Patriots can converse away from those all too willing to talk our great country down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Harold Wilson - Gannex raincoats
John Major - best seat at Lords
Boris Johnson - Bermuda holiday, gold wallpaper, £3 million paid cash (JCB owner plus others)
Rishi Sunak - helicopter on call

They’re all the same, although some take more than others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Starmers freebies it's going to taint him amazing how something for nothing or greed can cloud a person's judgement.
Your judgement?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve no problem with Sue Gray’s salary. Top jobs in the private sector would pay much more and I was particularly pleased to see that she’s paid more than the deputy PM

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve no problem with Sue Gray’s salary. Top jobs in the private sector would pay much more and I was particularly pleased to see that she’s paid more than the deputy PM
If she was payed less there’d be outrage at women being paid less than males.

Probably.

Did you know they’ll put you in jail for saying that these days. Oh yes. It’s true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here