Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I just think it is so important to have a very strong Civil Service with outstanding neatral people at the top Not to become just another arm of government which it is in danger of being with several labour supporters taking senior jobs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Accepting free stuff is definately as bad as cutting services in the name of austerity, plunging a country into economic hardship, lying to the Queen, breaking one's own lock down rules, and then lying about it, lying about it again and then again.

#theyareallthesame #mightaswellhaveborisatleasthesalaugh
“A 78th minute substitution for the whataboutary tag-team. Player off, Thunderbolt. Player on, BadFish.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You never know when to stop digging do you...
Oh I do, but our exchange took a detour with your wonky language. You seem to have run out of debate rather quickly so let’s end it here.

Last edited:

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Disappointed people have failed to bundle Starmer out of office. It has been months now FFS. The right wing have become rubbish since Boris quit. Gutless vision-free nit pickers, incapable of delivering a decisive blow. Pathetic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Meanwhile, in adults back in the room news, interest rates are level at 5% and set to fall gradually and sensibly, inflation is only 0,2% above target (with the BoE saying the country’s economic picture was improving), I can book a train ticket to an away game without fear there will be no service whatsoever that weekend and the NHS can be accessed without half of them being on strike.

Makes you wonder why the Tories kept banging on about delivery, when actual delivery is secondary to someone's pay and job title.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh I do, but our exchange took a detour with your wonky language. You seem to have run out of debate rather quickly so let’s end it here.
Clearly you don't. Since you keep standing by your original bollocks and trying to deflect. I had no ulterior motive in the original thread. Better to end it in the truth than your head. Feel free to have the last word as I'm sure you will. I'm out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Meanwhile, in adults back in the room news, interest rates are level at 5% and set to fall gradually and sensibly, inflation is only 0,2% above target (with the BoE saying the country’s economic picture was improving), I can book a train ticket to an away game without fear there will be no service whatsoever that weekend and the NHS can be accessed without half of them being on strike.
But hey, lets focus on a someone giving someone else pair of glasses and a few free Taylor Swift tickets.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

Makes you wonder why the Tories kept banging on about delivery, when actual delivery is secondary to someone's pay and job title.
You really can't be crediting Labour with this yet still banging drums about the mess the Tories left everything in and that it's only been 3 months bla bla bla.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You really can't be crediting Labour with this yet still banging drums about the mess the Tories left everything in and that it's only been 3 months bla bla bla.
On the contrary, if there had really been the levels of corruption and incompetence the threads on here allege I'd have expected the whole economy to tank (again). Only took Lettuce Liz a few days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The markets will have factored in the stability and end to the economic chaos of the Tories with the in-coming Labour government some time ago, so we can.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really do make things up as you go along, don't you?
Not really. Everyone knew Labour was heading for Number 10 a long time ago, stands to reason this will be also seen by the markets.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have to say I am not a labour voter but this criticism of them is a joke after such a short time. With a 200 majority and 4 plus years to go they will not care a jot about this. Whatever they do like or dislike there is nothing any politician or public can do. The only time to make any sort of judgements will be in 3years plus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to say I am not a labour voter but this criticism of them is a joke after such a short time. With a 200 majority and 4 plus years to go they will not care a jot about this. Whatever they do like or dislike there is nothing any politician or public can do. The only time to make any sort of judgements will be in 3years plus.
Agree. Some poeple are only too happy to talk down this great country of ours for cheap political point scoring.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do wonder how many of the people OUTRAGED by Sue Gray's £170K salary and 20K pay rise were equally OUTRAGED when Dominic Cummings and his sidekick Lee Cain both got pay rises well in excess of £40K in 2020 to take their salaries to between £140K and £150K (inflation adjusted to 2024 £173K - £185K ).

I'm willing to bet that it would be an entirely different group of OUTRAGED people and there's nobody who has posted their DISGUST at both on NSC :laugh:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do wonder how many of the people OUTRAGED by Sue Gray's £170K salary were equally OUTRAGED when Dominic Cummings and his sidekick Lee Cain both got pay rises well in excess of £40K in 2020 to take their salaries to between £140K and £150K (inflation adjusted to 2024 £173K - £185K ).

I'm willing to bet that it would be an entirely different group of OUTRAGED people and there's nobody who has posted their DISGUST at both on NSC :laugh:

Conversely, those outraged by the Cummings and Cains salaries, with a 'nothing-to-see-here' view on Gray's salary.

Revealing, again, NSC trench warfare on strictly party political lines. Balanced, unbiased opinions as rare as a Dunk freekick goal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Conversely, those outraged by the Cummings and Cains salaries, with a 'nothing-to-see-here' view on Gray's salary.

Revealing, again, NSC trench warfare on strictly party political lines. Balanced, unbiased opinions as rare as a Dunk freekick goal.

My point exactly. It seems me and you are the only two moderates on here :wink:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I do wonder how many of the people OUTRAGED by Sue Gray's £170K salary and 20K pay rise were equally OUTRAGED when Dominic Cummings and his sidekick Lee Cain both got pay rises well in excess of £40K in 2020 to take their salaries to between £140K and £150K (inflation adjusted to 2024 £173K - £185K ).

Player off: BadFish
Player on: WATFORD Zero

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Nobody on here is particularly outraged or otherwise about Sue's MASSIVE WEDGE so far as I can see :shrug:

I think you'll find that those who seem to object are those that have been briefing against her. Just to help you, that would be most of the Cabinet, an assortment of civil servants, other Labour MPs and a whole raft of SPADS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here