Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The KUIPERS APPRECIATION thread.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
a HERO and a LEGEND, as important as Bobby and Danny in our championship winning seasons, and an all round top bloke too.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The word LEGEND isn't enough in Michel's case, an absolute HERO, my favourite save from the thousands he's made was that point blanker against Blackpool at the Withdean many moons ago.

I love Michel.

xx

Feb 14, 2010
The Former Dutch Marine (Chef) is a true Legend, probably because he was a former Dutch Marine and then got stitched up by Paul Rogers (i think) taking the piss and saying he was only a chef. It stuck and that is what legend is made of. FDM (Chef) take a bow and always welcome down the Albion. In fact he is the only legend since Sergei Gotsmanov, well maybe Robbie Renault for the goal at Hereford if one goal can make you a legend and maybe OGH as well.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd love it if we had a "Withdean XI" play a game at Falmer. Consisting of the players who were with us the longest during 1999-2011. So Kuipers, Hart, Mayo, Oatway, Virgo and so on. So many of them who have contributed during our wait and would be nice for them to get a game there.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'd love it if we had a "Withdean XI" play a game at Falmer. Consisting of the players who were with us the longest during 1999-2011. So Kuipers, Hart, Mayo, Oatway, Virgo and so on. So many of them who have contributed during our wait and would be nice for them to get a game there.

This.

Because of my location for todays game (H) i shall be down there, watching him do his last warm up for us, and he should start today.

His leaving signals an end of an era. :cry:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Words cannot really describe what I'm feeling right now, but I'll have a go as best I can.

Michel, you have been the MAN for so long. A genuine credit to not just Brighton & Hove Albion, but to football in general. A true gent dedicated 100% to the club, and not only that, but a cracking goalkeeper aswell and certainly well worth the number 1 shirt for many years.

Michel Kuipers, 2000-2010. In the words of Bryan Adams, THOSE were the best days of my life. :cry:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Legend and top bloke to boot, gutted for him

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Any chance he'll be fit enough for even a cameo appearance today?

It would be nice to have the chance to say thanks.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
I've never felt genuine sadness about a player leaving the club, until now. Michel has been between the sticks for almost as long as I've followed the Albion, certainly as long as I can remember. It pains me to think that he'll never get to represent us at Falmer after the massive amount of dedication he's shown over the years.

Good luck for the future MK, you'll always be remembered as a fantastic shot-stopper and a brilliant character during some of the club's most difficult years. I think everyone can agree- a true Albion LEGEND and a top bloke :clap2:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He'll always be my number one.

Probably my favourite Albion player of all time. I never thought I'd like a goalkeeper so much.

Let's hope he stays at the club in some other role.

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
Some may come, some may go, but Michel will always be up there as one of the best players to have worn the shirt for the club.

Always wore the shirt with pride!

Thank you Michel for all the wonderful memories. We will never forget.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Superb character, incredibly passionate, slightly bonkers, Dutch, cool as f***, I will NEVER forget his mentalism when we had a last minute equaliser at Oldham a few years ago, and he decided to take on ALL the Oldham stewards by himself when they tried to restrain him at end of the match.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Judging by this thread, if Kuipers is there today, there will be a lot of crying men in the crowd. :laugh:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Good memories in the main with some oddball moments mixed in, that made up the Legend of FDM

The best of luck to you Kipper

n2219073570_31824.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here