Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The KUIPERS APPRECIATION thread.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
What a legend the man is. So many amazing saves and what a character. My faveourite Kuipers moment was at Oldham when we equalized in the last minute and he was basically wrestling 5 stewards at once when he wanted to celebrate with the fans! Top bloke, true Albion legend :bowdown:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Top Bloke, and a good goalkeeper too.

The word Legend is banded about much too easily, but he is IMO a true Albion LEGEND.

For me, the Withdean years will be remembered for him, Zammo, Cullip and Oatway.

An Albion without Michel just doesn't seem right.

My favourite memories are the game we beat Bristol City (Lee Steele got the winner) Kuipers was magnificent, and the day we went to Shrewsbury, having already won the League. My son, who was only about 6 at the time ran on the pitch at the end of the game - I lost him - only to see him on Kuipers shoulders!

I hope he stays on in some capacity.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seeing Kuipers steam out of his area and clear the danger vs Southampton at St Mary's sums up his stay with us. A steely determination and a player who obviously became a fan when he signed up. Sinking to his knees when we scored the third, doing his very best impression of the Angel of the North.

:bowdown:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I really don't know why he hasn't been given another season. He's still in his prime for a keeper and is capable at league 1/championship level.

Oh well, thanks for everything Michel, you are really an Albion legend!

Michel Kuipers can perhaps best be described as 'One of Us'

His passion, determination and no little ability will be sorely missed in this day and age of professional 'drifters' who go from club to club in search of fortune and fortune.

When he's been with us on protest rallies, it's been clear he has a real feeling for this club and is an exceptionaly genuine person.

He has always given of his best, hasn't complained when times have been tough and has always given his best for our cause.

Michel we salute you, we thank you and we will miss you :clap::clap::clap:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
An absolute legend.

I remember his first trial game, for micky adams at eastbourne boro in a reserve game, thinking "he looks bloody good" (we won 4-0 i think)

I remember the first championship.

The 2nd championship, which was probably his best season, including that Bristol City match, awesome.

His best save for me, while lying flat out pointing towards the goal on the ground against bournemouth at home, striker was virtually on top of him and motioned to boot a shot to go in above him and he stuck up a reactionary hand while lying down and touched it off away from goal, amazing, got it on video somewhere.

His performance against Forest at home, when he showed his bravery when he got that shoulder injury.

Will really miss you michel, thanks for all your efforts, you deserve a good turn out at falmer for your match and im sure you`ll get it.

My wife still fancies you too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here