Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
yes I get that - was being facetious... but not entirely.

Anonymity on 'social media' seems to give some people a license to be far more aggressive / confrontational / downright rude than they ever would dream of if they were chatting with a stranger or casual acquaintance in a pub. I have chosen to apply that thought when posting on social media... which is why I don't bother engaging on many threads (although \I do read many of them). If someone was being that shouty in a pub, I would steer well clear.

Yep, that’s pretty much my approach too.

To continue the pub analogy, what’s happened here is that the landlord, supported by his bar staff, has decided he doesn’t want quite so many shouty people in his pub because they can spoil the atmosphere for the vast majority of his punters. Being a fair minded chap, he’s decided to give the shouty ones a chance to reform, however unlikely it is that they will do so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, that’s pretty much my approach too.

To continue the pub analogy, what’s happened here is that the landlord, supported by his bar staff, has decided he doesn’t want quite so many shouty people in his pub because they can spoil the atmosphere for the vast majority of his punters. Being a fair minded chap, he’s decided to give the shouty ones a chance to reform, however unlikely it is that they will do so.

It would seem the shouty ones would rather continue to shout, get banned, in order to be proven 'right'.

T'is a funny old world.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Yeah, but are we allowed to keep the tops on our bottles, or not?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, button it you slag.

Ha! It’s not so much I say offensive things or troll. I just engage with some of the nastier/weirder characters on here a bit too much. No more.

On a last note though, interesting to see some posters needing quite so much explanation and reassurance about someone essentially saying “stop being childish pricks”

Bozza has the tolerance of an anvil.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Look, it's quite simple. It's the landlord's pub, and what he says, goes.

You've got to have rules. Where would we be without rules?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Look, it's quite simple. It's the landlord's pub, and what he says, goes.

You've got to have rules. Where would we be without rules?
No, you've got to have a dream, coz if you don't have a dream, how the heck you gonna have a dream come true!?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Any chance of resurrecting Paul Valley?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No, you've got to have a dream, coz if you don't have a dream, how the heck you gonna have a dream come true!?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

I've been there and done that. I once dreamed I was shagging Angelina Jolie. The landlord woke me up with a slap, and told me to put my trousers on and **** off out of his pub.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is great news. I genuinely think that banning 3-5 persistent, insidious posters will change NSC for the better.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
................. like the right wingers who complain the BBC is not neutral, because their definition of neutral is "always agrees with my own views".

...............and of course, that definition of 'neutral' applies just as equally to the left wingers as to those on the right. As always, one side (whichever is the side you agree with) is making a valid complaint, whie the snowflakes/gammon* on the other side are just making a fuss over nothing because they're wrong.

*delete as approriate.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm on the list but not sure I'm proud to be in the company of some of the tw@ts on that list.

But then again I'll never meet HWT and his opinion of me merits about the same as any other faceless person on the internet, squat diddly. Don't know what I did to upset him but I don't care either.

Saying all that, agree with the Mods stance. I gave up posting on the Brexit thread and other 'political' threads as it was just a free for all against others with opposing views.

The main problem with the thread you mention, is that it was a very divisive and emotive subject, and people were/are emotionally invested in their position. The other problem was that one side of the argument ran out of argument.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am on this forum because of my support for Albion and it is interesting to see other peoples views. However do think so many responses are down right aggressive which makes board so often very unpleasant. I suppose when people are hidden behind a username this will always happen. I would not want it any other way as certainly would not with aggression showed want to bump into some that have disagreed with a post. Its all very much over the top and assume moderators will continue to keep those that make board unpleasant off the site.
I personally in general find it more interesting to have a discussion with people that have opposite views to mine but certainly not on this forum

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bozza puts out a blanket message to EVERYONE, addressing EVERYONE ON NSC IN ITS ENTIRETY and still people come along and ask “why are you picking on me”?

Absolutely ****ing brilliant :lolol::lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
yes I get that - was being facetious... but not entirely.

Anonymity on 'social media' seems to give some people a license to be far more aggressive / confrontational / downright rude than they ever would dream of if they were chatting with a stranger or casual acquaintance in a pub. I have chosen to apply that thought when posting on social media... which is why I don't bother engaging on many threads (although \I do read many of them). If someone was being that shouty in a pub, I would steer well clear.

At least you have a poster who will say someone is a ‘moron and has a predilection for teenage gymnasts and swimmers’ for having a different pov watching your back. That must be comforting.:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is great news. I genuinely think that banning 3-5 persistent, insidious posters will change NSC for the better.
And they know exactly who they are!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here