Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah, but the point being your opinion is just one of many and those interested in restricting or silencing people they don't like/disagree with have different lists with many more names (see cancel culture). NSC is more than a football forum as it embraces numerous topics including politics which is very divisive and polarised at the moment. The statement by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] lists numerous nebulous terms that could lead to a ban and are open to wide interpretation, moderating in a balanced consistent way is extremely important ... if I were a betting man I would confidently predict nearly all those who are banned in the coming months would be of one political persuasion

I've only made it this far through the thread thus far, and I'll return to read the rest after I post this.

There are two things that have been levelled at me, in pretty much equal measure, over the last five or so years...

1. NSC is overtly right wing.
2. NSC is overtly left wing.

The people that make the claim that NSC is right wing always seem to be left wing.

The people that make the claim that NSC is left wing always seem to be right wing.

I can only deduce that most people tend to only see what they want to see or, actually, only see what they don't want to see.

If it matter, and I don't see why it should, I am naturally right of centre.

The important thing is this place should largely be fun, and that hasn't been the case much of the time of late.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I sometimes see NSC as my allotment.
When you enter, either by logging in or through the gate, there is always certain types you want to avoid.
NSC = complete lunatics who are just :fishing: for a fight.......
My allotment = the bloke who wants to chat to you about bollox, as soon as you enter, as they have not a single humanoid all day....

Palace fans see NSC as my Allotment.
Full of weeds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And from that I can only deduce [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is actually The BBC.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The " Banned Section " is gonna more exciting than some of the threads now.

If we get banned . Can we still go on the "Banned Section " Asking for a friend

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
True, but as members of NSC I would hope we all expect to be treated in a vaguely similar way

(I'm still ploughing through)

This is an interesting point.

Much like a footballing referee, I think it can be difficult to not be influenced by someone's reputation, which is largely formed by their past behaviours.

But I really do think we are fair, almost to e fault, which is a large part of where we are today. "Decency creep" has occurred as a result, and some people are quite obnoxious pretty often, but not quite obnoxious enough, on a given occasion, to warrant action.

I'll add that long-term NSCers are always given more leniency than newbies who join up and act like an arse. If you've been an active member on here for a number of years and make a **** up, you're very likely to be given another chance. We're all twats now and again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whoever can you mean !?

A few people clearly take themselves far too seriously and believe being a moderator on a football forum gives them some sort of elevated status and power.

Always good to remember we all support the same team and most of us will be cheering them on at Villa Park tomorrow [emoji106]

Interesting response. Did you think that was aimed at you? If so, why?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I've only made it this far through the thread thus far, and I'll return to read the rest after I post this.

There are two things that have been levelled at me, in pretty much equal measure, over the last five or so years...

The people that make the claim that NSC is right wing always seem to be left wing.

The people that make the claim that NSC is left wing always seem to be right wing.

I can only deduce that most people tend to only see what they want to see or, actually, only see what they don't want to see.

You could change NSC for BBC and it would be the same

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So you are comfortable with having freedom to discriminate against those who exercise their freedom to think differently to you on political matters - nice!

On a message board, yes, to a degree. Which we already see here with things moved to the bear pit, and with decency things moved/deleted when threads run afoul of google ads, or contempt of court laws.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You could change NSC for BBC and it would be the same

Is it OK if I say that NSC is brilliantly moderated, and populated by a large number of kind, funny and insightful people? :shrug:

It is also a force for the good, a forward looking celebration of what community can be.

Plus a few twats, whose sell by date may be under review? ???

Yes, yes I think it is OK. Smoke me a kipper (etc.).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is it OK if I say that NSC is brilliantly moderated, and populated by a large number of kind, funny and insightful people? :shrug:

It is also a force for the good, a forward looking celebration of what community can be.

Plus a few twats, whose sell by date may be under review? ???

Yes, yes I think it is OK. Smoke me a kipper (etc.).
Honestly, I think the problem is small. Just 3 or 4 high volume trolls are responsible for a lot of the nastiness.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The important thing is this place should largely be fun, and that hasn't been the case much of the time of late.
I completely understand you will get complaints from both sides but I think we know thete is a predominantly left of centre majority on NSC amongst the membership also reflected in the moderating team which you have acknowledged before. I am guessing pressure for things needing to change has mainly come from people on one side of the argument. My issue is consistency and from my admittedly biased perspective fairness in moderating decisions. If your latest announcement ends up with an ever decreasing number of right of centre posters making NSC even more of an echo chamber then that would be a shame.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I get far too involved in the shit stirring. A timely reminder to reign it in. Which I shall. Apologies to all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I completely understand you will get complaints from both sides but I think we know thete is a predominantly left of centre majority on NSC amongst the membership also reflected in the moderating team which you have acknowledged before. I am guessing pressure for things needing to change has mainly come from people on one side of the argument. My issue is consistency and from my admittedly biased perspective fairness in moderating decisions. If your latest announcement ends up with an ever decreasing number of right of centre posters making NSC even more of an echo chamber then that would be a shame.

"Right of centre" is absolutely fine. [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] is a Tory party member and an absolutely smashing bloke and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is a Brexiteer and also a poster I also like a lot from a personal point of view.

Examples I've seen are use of snide nicknames, out and out racism, ganging up two or more on one, calling people paedos and the posting of videos that would be unacceptable on other social media platforms. And I've seen it from the left too (as a certain conspiracy theorist and the banned Plooks can attest).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I completely understand you will get complaints from both sides but I think we know thete is a predominantly left of centre majority on NSC amongst the membership

I genuinely wouldn't say that myself, no.

also reflected in the moderating team which you have acknowledged before.

I don't believe I've ever said that, but will happily retract that if a post is dug out.

I certainly recall saying I think if you plotted the political position of the moderating team on a line, left to right, and averaged those positions out, you'd end up pretty much bang in the middle. I think there may well be two members of the Conservative Party in the moderating team for a start.

I am guessing pressure for things needing to change has mainly come from people on one side of the argument.

There has been no pressure from any direction. The other moderators can verify this, although if you are of a certain cynical mindset you'd probably not believe them anyway, but it was my suggestion that we try and draw a line and make this place more friendly and fun again. I said I would write a post and make it a sticky with that in mind.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Bozza, I'm sorry you feel that way. From my perspective, (I joined 16 months ago), it IS fun. I think this forum is really, really, good.

I love the breadth of opinion, the wokeness, the banter, the jokes, the argy-bargy, the 'testing the boundaries' (indicating a certain neediness).

I think it's all great fun. We are obviously a broad church, but that's all part of the experience. If we banned all the bell-ends, who would we feel superior to?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
"Right of centre" is absolutely fine. [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] is a Tory party member and an absolutely smashing bloke and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is a Brexiteer and also a poster I also like a lot from a personal point of view.

Examples I've seen are use of snide nicknames, out and out racism, ganging up two or more on one, calling people paedos and the posting of videos that would be unacceptable on other social media platforms. And I've seen it from the left too (as a certain conspiracy theorist and the banned Plooks can attest).[/QUOTE [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] who is indeed a smashing bloke used to post regularly on political threads had a major falling out/spat with numerous left of centre members including a mod. Another mod said what happened to him verged on bullying. He rarely posts now...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
[MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] who is indeed a smashing bloke used to post regularly on political threads had a major falling out/spat with numerous left of centre members including a mod. Another mod said what happened to him verged on bullying. He rarely posts now...

If I can get past your technological incompetence (which I've tidied up) I suspect if Titanic felt NSC was no longer a place for him he'd raise it on the mods whatsapp rather than with you. But I'm not a mind reader.

As with your last reply you've ignored the points put to you directly that I know you recognise and raised another one. Classic politics. If you still live in the 1990s. Now you're just supposed to lie, turn down interviews and change the rules.

Enjoy Villa :albion:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I genuinely wouldn't say that myself, no.

I don't believe I've ever said that, but will happily retract that if a post is dug out.

I certainly recall saying I think if you plotted the political position of the moderating team on a line, left to right, and averaged those positions out, you'd end up pretty much bang in the middle. I think there may well be two members of the Conservative Party in the moderating team for a start.

There has been no pressure from any direction. The other moderators can verify this, although if you are of a certain cynical mindset you'd probably not believe them anyway, but it was my suggestion that we try and draw a line and make this place more friendly and fun again. I said I would write a post and make it a sticky with that in mind.
Voting intention polls on NSC at elections show a clear left of centre majority (assuming greens are left of centre) and you did say the moderating team was overall left of centre ( I will eventually dig out the quote if you want) but that's all fine as long as we don't see a general drift towards removing posters from only one side of the argument. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here