Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anyone know, in the past when Posters have been permanently banned, has it included all their various duplicate accounts that the mods were aware of ?

I made a throw-away comment about a certain style of punctuation used by a new poster a year or so ago, noting that it (but not the content of the posts) resembled that of a certain other poster who had had multiple permanent bans for his multiple IDs for being abusive and making threats. I quipped "Are you X in disguise? :wink:"Shortly after that the new poster PMed me accusing me of grassing him up, and made derogatory personal comments. I could have left it, but.....

The answer is 'yes'. If Jimmy Savile had cut his stupid hair and binned those silly cigars he's still have been Jimmy Savile. Innit.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I must say for the first time ever I have started to use the "ignore" function on here - which is a shame.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would love to see the ignored list. I have a couple of people on there.
Maybe we should do a version of Card Bingo with all our Ignore Lists? A small trophy for the person who's Ignore List gets banned in its entirety first? [emoji106]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I must say for the first time ever I have started to use the "ignore" function on here - which is a shame.

I've cut mine down to about 40 now. You need to get a ****ing grip, mate :lolol: :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Does anyone know, in the past when Posters have been permanently banned, has it included all their various duplicate accounts that the mods were aware of ?

It would be great if there were no dual accounts. Then no-one could hide anonymously behind another name and espouse views that they would otherwise be unhappy to put out there openly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe we should do a version of Card Bingo with all our Ignore Lists? A small trophy for the person who's Ignore List gets banned in its entirety first? [emoji106]

Ignore list.PNG

What?

OK, 46. But many of them (8?) have long been defenestrated by the Mods (which is a testament to my prescience, shirley?) - sometimes in multiple guises.

Joking apart, I have a mental health issue ('on the spectrum') that means I get freaked out by strange people being weird or unpleasant behind a cloak of anonymity on t'internet. I do let people back in from time to time to make sure it's not just me being a tit (which has happened on several occasions). I do feel a bit weird having an ignore list which, paradoxically, is probably why I tend to go on about it (not so much lately, you will agree. Apart from now, obviously. But I didn't start it.).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
View attachment 142269

What?

OK, 46. But many of them (8?) have long been defenestrated by the Mods (which is a testament to my prescience, shirley?) - sometimes in multiple guises.

Joking apart, I have a mental health issue ('on the spectrum') that means I get freaked out by strange people being weird or unpleasant behind a cloak of anonymity on t'internet. I do let people back in from time to time to make sure it's not just me being a tit (which has happened on several occasions). I do feel a bit weird having an ignore list which, paradoxically, is probably why I tend to go on about it (not so much lately, you will agree. Apart from now, obviously. But I didn't start it.).

You are going to have to go some to win that trophy Harry ! You are NOT a tit by the way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is 'Green Cross Code Man' your real name then? Did your Mum have a thing for Dave Prowse?
Not really the point I was making. I think a user builds reputation on their username. Having more than one account erodes that and allows a poster to be more 'risky' than they otherwise would.

My username is quite simple. Back in the early days of NSC, I had an account with the username Darth Vader which had lurked and posted only about a hundred times or something. Then after a while I forgot the password and no longer had access to the email I set up with. I made a new account, couldn't think of a new name so chose another well known Dave Prowse character. [emoji2]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Afraid to read a different view H. They call that cancelling. It would be a very boring world walking around where only your opinion is allowed.

I wasn't being serious, mate. I was momentarily irritated by his whiney post, implying only right wingers get tonked on NSC. There are some lovely right wingers on NSC and I'm happy to chat with them. I have any amount of time for a viewpoint, fairly argued, by people who are prepared to engage and reflect. :thumbsup:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The current one is only a short term ban for trolling. If you check mod decisions he's had multiple bans, the longest being for a whole year. He's not gone yet. He is still regarded as comedy value, although I sometimes feel he's been set up to be bullied (not that he'd care, or probably even notice).

Despite the mad ravings of JCFG, permanent bans are handed out only to followers of other clubs who can't play nicely, and people who post items that could result in legal action, not simply because someone is right wing. Folk campaigning on behalf of, or against a political party using fake news and whataboutery are tedious, and maybe this will now result in bans. If so I am quite confident this will happen regardless of whether the idiot is a mad lefty or a mad righty. Several of the mods are conservative. The relentless accusation that NSC mods are left wing biased is yet another tedious bit of old bollocks we can probably tolerate, but it is self defeating, and seems to fuel the paranoia of the likes of JCFG.

Anyway, it would be lovely if we can try to be nicer. I have been trying. Not sure if I've succeeded, but there you go.

I don't enter into political talk on here as I think it's pretty pointless ... and I might be wrong, but I don't think yours and my politics are very aligned ... but I always read your posts as they are well written, balanced ... and fair ... even though I might not agree with every point. Sadly, many others are not so fair and balanced ... but I will continue to keep out of political discussions.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't enter into political talk on here as I think it's pretty pointless ... and I might be wrong, but I don't think yours and my politics are very aligned ... but I always read your posts as they are well written, balanced ... and fair ... even though I might not agree with every point. Sadly, many other are not so fair and balanced ... but I will continue to keep out of political discussions.

That's very kind. Thank you for that.

:thumbsup:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
View attachment 142269

What?

Eer why actually am I on your ignore list ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here