Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
View attachment 142269

What?

OK, 46. But many of them (8?) have long been defenestrated by the Mods (which is a testament to my prescience, shirley?) - sometimes in multiple guises.

Joking apart, I have a mental health issue ('on the spectrum') that means I get freaked out by strange people being weird or unpleasant behind a cloak of anonymity on t'internet. I do let people back in from time to time to make sure it's not just me being a tit (which has happened on several occasions). I do feel a bit weird having an ignore list which, paradoxically, is probably why I tend to go on about it (not so much lately, you will agree. Apart from now, obviously. But I didn't start it.).
I only have three and they are not on that list ‘

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Proud to be keeping such esteemed company punk:

I'm on the list but not sure I'm proud to be in the company of some of the tw@ts on that list.

But then again I'll never meet HWT and his opinion of me merits about the same as any other faceless person on the internet, squat diddly. Don't know what I did to upset him but I don't care either.

Saying all that, agree with the Mods stance. I gave up posting on the Brexit thread and other 'political' threads as it was just a free for all against others with opposing views.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If I can get past your technological incompetence (which I've tidied up) I suspect if Titanic felt NSC was no longer a place for him he'd raise it on the mods whatsapp rather than with you. But I'm not a mind reader.

As with your last reply you've ignored the points put to you directly that I know you recognise and raised another one. Classic politics. If you still live in the 1990s. Now you're just supposed to lie, turn down interviews and change the rules.

Enjoy Villa :albion:
I didn't say Titanic wanted to leave ... just pointing out your supppsed balance/ right of centre mod is actually a good example of the problems faced by people holding a minority political pov on NSC.

If you could also avoid giving your mate/previous employer (?) Wz a free pass re forum rules that might also restore faith in the moderating team integrity...

Enjoy the match [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If anyone feels particularly like plotting me on their Venn Diagram I am definitely right of centre and also one of the Moderators on here. I’ve been a contributor on NSC for over 22 years and a moderator for about the last 18 months or so (possibly longer - I can’t fully recall). But I can honestly say that if anyone believes moderating decisions and infractions are motivated by political allegiances then they are mistaken.

Moderating isn’t about ‘cancelling’ anyone or anything - but about trying to ensure the debate remains broadly civilised and NSC remains one of the best forums going.

If I ever feel I need to moderate content or discuss an issue with the other moderators I always try to think “what would Lord Bracknell have done?” I’ll never get close to his levels, but it’s a good aspiration and for me, he remains the perfect role model.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I find you can be a rude, obnoxious, slightly angry bellend to people on here as long as you can occasionally make some of it mildly amusing. It seems to have kept me under the radar anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Voting intention polls on NSC at elections show a clear left of centre majority (assuming greens are left of centre) and you did say the moderating team was overall left of centre ( I will eventually dig out the quote if you want) but that's all fine as long as we don't see a general drift towards removing posters from only one side of the argument. :shrug:

I'm getting rather tired of your insinuations now.

Ant that's not a threat before you claim it is.

I'm fed up of people being rude and unpleasant in a way that I don't think is befitting of a place that exists because of one significant thing that unites us all. It's got nothing to do with politics because, if it did, surely I'd be biased towards my own natural leanings, and your suggestion is I'm anything but.

It's about not being an arse, regardless of how you vote.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I'm fed up of people being rude and unpleasant in a way that I don't think is befitting of a place that exists because of one significant thing that unites us all. It's got nothing to do with politics because, if it did, surely I'd be biased towards my own natural leanings, and your suggestion is I'm anything but.

I haven't made any insinuations or claims about you. On the rare occasion you do venture on to political threads you normally get jumped on as a Tory apologist!

I fully support your drive to make NSC a nicer place but believe that can only truly happen if everyone is treated in a similar way which is down to the moderators... time will tell.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I haven't made any insinuations or claims about you. On the rare occasion you do venture on to political threads you normally get jumped on as a Tory apologist!

I fully support your drive to make NSC a nicer place but believe that can only truly happen if everyone is treated in a similar way which is down to the moderators... time will tell.

Bringer of TRUTH???

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Oh, just ban him and be done with it - would make things a lot more pleasant all round!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is the guy that carries much of the can for most of what happens on here. It's his name on the door. The buck largely, and largely unfairly, stops there. Why on earth would he, in conjunction with the carefully-selected mods, not lay out the ground rules? There's posters on here in every shade of state of mental health, some of whom should clearly be given a bit of time-off for their own benefit. Seems to to me like a bit of a horrible thankless juggling act, just so we can ostensibly just chat about the Albion

Yes there are some regular visitors to the naughty corner but i think that's what makes NSC what it is , i think with elephants in the room such as Brexit , migrants , covid , IB protesters and now the climate issue the carpet has remained relatively unscathed , you can always bank on a decent argument on this board without getting the boot as long as some civility is maintained......i wonder how the Posh Spice is a Slapper thread would go down these days....:bigwave::lolol:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I find this last part amusing. Whilst you type this and pretend to be a victim, you're down in the basement insinuating that other posters, with a different view to yours, have a 'predeliction (sic) for teenage gymnasts'.

Anyway, I think the mods are even handed. I doff my cap to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], particularly for trawling through and responding to this thread.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Well said.

Good start.

NSC can, at its worst, be a bit of an echo chamber at times - with opprobrium heaped on dissenters ........ think Brexit (not surprising, when Brighton is one of the most fervent 'Reman' areas in England) for example. I trust - and hope - that while posters championing racism, sexism, homophobia etc. should be banned, of course - that posters who sometimes disagree (politely, without abusing other posters) with the very large majority on NSC won't be arbitrarily banned. They'll probably just get plenty of abuse anyway! I'm sure that most NSCers who voted for Brexit (and there are some, including me!!) mostly don't bother posting on the Brexit thread any more; it ain't worth the aggro.

The intolerance of the uber-tolerant - please don't let that take over NSC. I disagree with some of you sometimes - OK?

Everyone who disagrees with me is horrible! :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Never seen the place as either "left" or "right" wing in terms of the overall output.

However what is has done over a number of years (probably whilst trying to be "liberal" and allow "debate") is provide a platform for a small number of posters with clear far right views. It's my only (but major) criticism of this website.

In certain instances they've used this place to only place those views and you wonder whether they have ever seen a football match ever. One poster had a particularly disturbing agenda constantly posting videos from YouTube that were often quite subtle. The problem with "moderation" is those posts needed to be viewed in their entirety rather than individually for their damage.

The well meaning intention to allow them to post their drivel to be shot down (including the setting up of Twitter like parody accounts) only goes so far to nullify their hate.

If you are worried about being labelled "woke" or "politically correct" well that's just an unavoidable annoyance of running a medium like this. You will equally get abuse on what you let go.....(however)

You can moderate this site as if its LBC if you want, but unless you have a full time compliance unit trained in media law I'd strongly advise you not to.

Just kick these posters off and kick them off early. It only leads to cyclic grief if you don't.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
View attachment 142269

What?

OK, 46. But many of them (8?) have long been defenestrated by the Mods (which is a testament to my prescience, shirley?) - sometimes in multiple guises.

Joking apart, I have a mental health issue ('on the spectrum') that means I get freaked out by strange people being weird or unpleasant behind a cloak of anonymity on t'internet. I do let people back in from time to time to make sure it's not just me being a tit (which has happened on several occasions). I do feel a bit weird having an ignore list which, paradoxically, is probably why I tend to go on about it (not so much lately, you will agree. Apart from now, obviously. But I didn't start it.).

Infamy, infamy! HWT has got it in for me!

I would be ashamed if he didn’t to be honest.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I didn't say Titanic wanted to leave ... just pointing out your supppsed balance/ right of centre mod is actually a good example of the problems faced by people holding a minority political pov on NSC.

If you could also avoid giving your mate/previous employer (?) Wz a free pass re forum rules that might also restore faith in the moderating team integrity...

Enjoy the match [emoji106]

And there it is, Your actual "grievance".

I've followed this club home and away since 1980 and I know LOADS of people on here IRL. None get a free pass.

Bozza has said on numerous occasions that most moderating simply isn't noticed or reported, including small infraction, edits and tellings off. However, from now on in his sticky will be used as the basis for stricter action where it's required, no matter who the poster is,

I think you're like the right wingers who complain the BBC is not neutral, because their definition of neutral is "always agrees with my own views".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me what's gone (if it ever was here in the first place) is the ability to have a written debate with someone holding the opposite opinion.

One poster writes X and 99% of us are waiting for their alter-ego poster to write the exact opposite, and so it begins.
Fortunately we don't have to wait long.

Nobody reads the opposite side.
Nobody thinks about the opposite side.
Nobody acknowledges that view point.

It's even happening on this thread.
'My opinion is right I don't care what you say'

I'll.occasionally play along but soon tire of the repetitive nature I genuinely have no idea how the main combatants have the stamina for it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not really the point I was making. I think a user builds reputation on their username. Having more than one account erodes that and allows a poster to be more 'risky' than they otherwise would.

My username is quite simple. Back in the early days of NSC, I had an account with the username Darth Vader which had lurked and posted only about a hundred times or something. Then after a while I forgot the password and no longer had access to the email I set up with. I made a new account, couldn't think of a new name so chose another well known Dave Prowse character. [emoji2]

yes I get that - was being facetious... but not entirely.

Anonymity on 'social media' seems to give some people a license to be far more aggressive / confrontational / downright rude than they ever would dream of if they were chatting with a stranger or casual acquaintance in a pub. I have chosen to apply that thought when posting on social media... which is why I don't bother engaging on many threads (although \I do read many of them). If someone was being that shouty in a pub, I would steer well clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here