Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Jul 25, 2021
Must admit I don't really see abuse very often, but then again I don't go on the bear pit threads.

The one time recently I received lots of abuse from lots of people was when I was justifying my non-vaccinated status and my rationale behind it.

But if I'm honest it really doesn't/didn't bother me. I concede that it was a sensitive subject and I held a minority view. Things strangers say on the internet doesn't bother me. That said, some of the language use was not very pleasant at all.

It was allowed because the abuse directed at you fitted with some of the MODs views (left of centre) on your vaccination opinion.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mate, I understand your narrative but I struggle to identify the actors. I am unaware of anyone on here (let alone a swarm of them) whose schtik is to falsely accuse others of racism. We have one poster who has been banned in the past for racism and posts almost nothing but racist innuendo. I'm not aware of any other (overtly) racist posters, just the occasional foolish remark, and I'd need to be obsessed about this, with a little black book, if I were to recall any inappropriate push back, let alone a gaggle of posters who scream 'racism' whenever someone posts something (what exactly?) with which they disagree, that isn't racist (I assume you accept that it is not unreasonable to call actual racism racist). Oh, and 'snowflake' is a proper broflake word. Das reich has accused anyone who is not opposed to foreigners, the labour party and homosexuals as a 'snowflake' or 'soy boy'. Please don't align yourself with him. It's really not a good look :shrug:

I'm not aligning myself with anybody - and certainly not with any racist thugs. Perhaps I should have used the term 'woke' rather than snowflake though (although the term snowflake is not as defined by Das Reich - it is in far more common usage than just among the Das Reich's of this world. Many, for example, regard anti-vaxxers as some sort of snowflake (regardless of race, gender or orientation)).

As for inappropriate accusations of racism, in the early days of the Brexit thread, when I still bothered posting on it, there were plenty of nasty accusations (and many more implications) that anyone who voted Brexit was racist. The NSC echo chamber back then was alive and kicking!

Anyway, I'm out of here. I don't want to derail the thread, or fall an unwitting and undeserving victim to the iron fist of Bozza (may he be praised!).Take care!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not aligning myself with anybody - and certainly not with any racist thugs. Perhaps I should have used the term 'woke' rather than snowflake though (although the term snowflake is not as defined by Das Reich - it is in far more common usage than just among the Das Reich's of this world. Many, for example, regard anti-vaxxers as some sort of snowflake (regardless of race, gender or orientation)).

As for inappropriate accusations of racism, in the early days of the Brexit thread, when I still bothered posting on it, there were plenty of nasty accusations (and many more implications) that anyone who voted Brexit was racist. The NSC echo chamber back then was alive and kicking!

Anyway, I'm out of here. I don't want to derail the thread, or fall an unwitting and undeserving victim to the iron fist of Bozza (may he be praised!).Take care!

Cheers, pal. Enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[/B][/U]

It was allowed because the abuse directed at you fitted with some of the MODs views (left of centre) on your vaccination opinion.

Perhaps you could hypothesise about why no action was taken (if indeed it wasn’t, I haven’t checked) by the three (so far) mods who have said on this thread that they hold right of centre views?

As another mod said earlier, it’s simply a myth that the mod group is more left wing than the average of NSC and that personal politics play any part in decisions made/not made.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can we please have less tolerance for posters who persist in typing "would of", "could of" and "should of"? Perhaps a private warning for the first offence, public warning for second offence, 3 days ban for third offence, 3 months ban for fourth offence and permanent ban after five offences?

Excellent idea - a chat room that provides free education as well as conversation, debate and entertainment! What's not to like?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'd place myself on the centre on average, with views spread across the "one nation conservative" to "more methodist than marxist Labour" bland band.

On the odd occasion I've made a point from the right, I've got back a cautious acceptance that I might have a point from who I was replying to.

The posts I make from "the left" aren't even remotely left wing, yet somehow manage to draw far more argument and disagreement.

No they don't.

Jul 25, 2021
Perhaps you could hypothesise about why no action was taken (if indeed it wasn’t, I haven’t checked) by the three (so far) mods who have said on this thread that they hold right of centre views?

They were relaxing their muscles, saving their energy and self defence skills for the more hostile, blood thirsty threads?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They say a picture speaks a thousand words - so here's Bozza'a request!

Manchester Graffiti       04 - resized.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Mate, I understand your narrative but I struggle to identify the actors. I am unaware of anyone on here (let alone a swarm of them) whose schtik is to falsely accuse others of racism. We have one poster who has been banned in the past for racism and posts almost nothing but racist innuendo. I'm not aware of any other (overtly) racist posters, just the occasional foolish remark, and I'd need to be obsessed about this, with a little black book, if I were to recall any inappropriate push back, let alone a gaggle of posters who scream 'racism' whenever someone posts something (what exactly?) with which they disagree, that isn't racist (I assume you accept that it is not unreasonable to call actual racism racist). Oh, and 'snowflake' is a proper broflake word. Das reich has accused anyone who is not opposed to foreigners, the labour party and homosexuals as a 'snowflake' or 'soy boy'. Please don't align yourself with him. It's really not a good look :shrug:
Using "Soy boy" should be an instant ban anyway tbh.

Not only is it divisive, derogatory, dehumanising labelling it also gives away the sort of website / YouTube channel which is pumping opinion into the individual's mind.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
[/B][/U]

What is a left of centre view on vaccination? An extreme right or left wing regime could make vaccination mandatory...

Jul 25, 2021
What is a left of centre view on vaccination?

I'm not too clued up on what all the newspapers print these days but peoples views on vaccination tend to be understood, believed and memorised off whatever newspaper they associate themselves with, so I'll go with the Guardian's angle on your question.

An extreme right or left wing regime could make vaccination mandatory...

Agreed. That's why I believe they're just 2 wings from the same bird.

Last edited:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Let's hope the 'Iron Fist of Bozza' extends to the two palace trolls who seem to get a free ride on here from the moderators. BHA fans are banned far quicker than these two for trolling.
They could be above us by close of play so just watch for them posting on here shortly after the final whistles.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Using "Soy boy" should be an instant ban anyway tbh.

Not only is it divisive, derogatory, dehumanising labelling it also gives away the sort of website / YouTube channel which is pumping opinion into the individual's mind.

Best ban ‘gammon’ too, then eh?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I'm not too clued up on what all the newspapers print these days but peoples views on vaccination tend to be understood, believed and memorised off whatever newspaper they associate themselves with, so I'll go with the Guardian's angle on your question.

But there isn't a newspaper which is anti-vaccination?

Agreed. That's why I believe they're just 2 wings from the same bird.

if that's what you believe then what is a "left of centre view on vaccination?

Sorry I'm not being a git I just don't understand the point you are trying to make...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Best ban ‘gammon’ too, then eh?

Quite possibly, although I think a few people may try to defend the 180 odd year history of the term 'Gammon', particularly in English Literature where it is traditionally used to describe someone who uses a loud voice and pompous manner to expound 'faux patriotism' in an attempt to cover their ignorance of a situation, particularly in relation to politics.

Having said that, I don't know, maybe 'soy boy' has a similar long literary history :wink:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quite possibly, although I think a few people may try to defend the 180 odd year history of the term 'Gammon', particularly in English Literature where it is traditionally used to describe someone who uses a loud voice and pompous manner to expound 'faux patriotism' in an attempt to cover their ignorance of a situation, particularly in relation to politics.

Having said that, I don't know, maybe 'soy boy' has a similar long literary history :wink:

Textbook example of the type of post that pisses off 99% of posters on here, in my view. A thinly-veiled insult purely designed to goad / generate a reaction - and ensure that the same 4 or 5 of you will end up arguing amongst yourselves until what has been a pretty good debate ends up in the bearpit.

Sorry, but this has got to change.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Textbook example of the type of post that pisses off 99% of posters on here, in my view. Purely designed to goad / generate a reaction - and ensure that the same 4 or 5 of you will end up arguing amongst yourselves until what has been a pretty good debate ends up in the bearpit.

Will certainly not piss of 99% of posters since most will ignore it, including me.

Where this place has got it wrong too many times is to give certain posters with a disturbing agenda (always associated with links to other websites) a platform.

Their behaviour is very slow burn, but they have/had no place on here.

And that's my problem. It feels a bit hollow to criticise the above in view of what has it apparently allowed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Textbook example of the type of post that pisses off 99% of posters on here, in my view. Purely designed to goad / generate a reaction - and ensure that the same 4 or 5 of you will end up arguing amongst yourselves until what has been a pretty good debate ends up in the bearpit.

Sorry, I thought I was pointing out a simple fact about the history of these insults that are commonly used. However, I can now see how it could be interpreted and will try not to do it again :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here