Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So if your political views offend someone on here you get banned ?
There goes the right to Freedom of Speech then.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk
No. Not at all.

The below will result in a banning, not someone's views :

"If you make a habit of writing in a way that largely seeks to diminish, belittle, undermine, divide, discriminate and mock then your days on NSC will be numbered, and I will give no apology for kicking you off here, for good, without further warning."

The days of labelling people as "traitors" or "5th columnists" or "doing the wokey cokey" etc. etc. on NSC are over and it will be a far better place going forward.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As [MENTION=529]sparkie[/MENTION] has pointed out just how completely and utter wrong you are with regard to your first point I'll head straight for your second one.

You don't have 'Freedom of Speech' on NSC.

As the analogy has been liberally used already, NSC is an on line, privately owned pub.
You have no more right to freedom of speech here as you would in a real pub.

If you routinely piss off the landlord and his staff you are barred.
At that point the customer tends not to stand outside protesting his right to free speech.

All in all you've rather let yourself down there.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
As [MENTION=529]sparkie[/MENTION] has pointed out just how completely and utter wrong you are with regard to your first point I'll head straight for your second one.

As the analogy has been liberally used already, NSC is an on line, privately owned pub.

At that point the customer tends not to stand outside protesting his right to free speech.

Let myself down ??
I ask an honest question and then mention Freedom of Speech

Some people on here just like to jump on anybody that isn't to there way of liking sadly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yet, considering the huge traffic and active users, very few end up being banned. And it is often the same old names.

I can only speak from experience. I run a couple of large Facebook groups. Very light touch admin. The odd person complains. But they are always the abusive ones.

The truth is that the more moderated a board is in terms of abusive, juvenile behaviour, the more folk use it. For every one who slumps off a multitude come. So the majority support it.

Simple, don't be a dick and the moderation policy will never affect you.

There are some folk on here who have views that directly oppose mine. Yet they never seem to get banned. This may be because they express them in a way that isn't stirring deliberate conflict. I find their views irritating sometimes, but that is life. Takes all sorts. So they should remain. And they do.

We all have freedom of speech, but removing someone for disruptive and abusive behaviour is a different matter.

It's interesting how they keep returning though. Take PPF for example. A prime candidate for permanent removal. Still here.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I just dont understand how it can be so incredibly difficult to understand that there is no such thing as a "right to the Freedom of Speech" on a privately run forum.

Let myself down ??
I ask an honest question and then mention Freedom of Speech

Some people on here just like to jump on anybody that isn't to there way of liking sadly.

If we ignore Stat Brothers "you let yourself down", the fact still remains that you dont have a "freedom of speech". Not saying you'll be banned for your opinions because I dont think you will, but what is the point of referring to freedom of speech when there technically it doesnt exist on here or pretty much anywhere?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cheers

In fact it's not at all about "voting". If you are in the habit of being an arse (i.e. constantly abusive) when it come to football, Covid, hamburgers, cars, the right way to tie a tie or which horse to back in the National you run the risk from now on. But hardly anybody is.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Came onto this thread expecting it to be about a new mucky video found at Mod Towers, colour me disappointed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Came onto this thread expecting it to be about a new mucky video found at Mod Towers, colour me disappointed.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] has rounded them all up and kept them captive, with the exception of a particularly niche Eastern European effort that was donated to Guppy as part of his "growth exercises".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ah, but the point being your opinion is just one of many and those interested in restricting or silencing people they don't like/disagree with have different lists with many more names (see cancel culture). NSC is more than a football forum as it embraces numerous topics including politics which is very divisive and polarised at the moment. The statement by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] lists numerous nebulous terms that could lead to a ban and are open to wide interpretation, moderating in a balanced consistent way is extremely important ... if I were a betting man I would confidently predict nearly all those who are banned in the coming months would be of one political persuasion

If you’re referring to bigots then you’re probably correct. I would point out though there are bigots on the left and the right.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
PHP:
True, but as members of NSC I would hope we all expect to be treated in a vaguely similar way or else you are happy for discrimination to occur ... until it affects you?

Do you have any evidence that people are not treated in a vaguely similar way?

D

Deleted member 2719

The person who owns NSC and the people whom he entrusts to apply the rules.

What if he entrusts someone who might just be trigger happy because of a political difference???

I picked a bad employee once...I hold my hands up they cost me a penny or two, it was bad judgement on my part.

The wrong moderator, trolling or bullying could be costly surely???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[/B][/U]

It was allowed because the abuse directed at you fitted with some of the MODs views (left of centre) on your vaccination opinion.

So you think that being anti vaccination is a right wing view?

I think you should apologise to all sensible right wing NSC posters (and moderators).

Being anti vax is an anti-human view. One poster I know had to leave NSC because (well I won't explain his personal circumstances, but it involves life and death, and the risk of death if covid is caught off a selfish anti vaxxer). I heve edited out all the swear words and insults that I would have used in a real life conversation on this topic, and because I rather enjoy my access to the NSC universe.

:rant:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What if he entrusts someone who might just be trigger happy because of a political difference???

I picked a bad employee once...I hold my hands up they cost me a penny or two, it was bad judgement on my part.

The wrong moderator, trolling or bullying could be costly surely???

That’s a risk but it’s his. I’ve been a mod for more than 20 years, most others have plenty of experience too. We make permanent banning decisions by consensus, similar to the way the cabinet makes decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here