Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Inner Circle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think in hindsight I need to apologise to Liz, Sarah and the others. I didn't intentionally mean to belittle them or the work they have done. I know completely that the club owe them and others a huge debt of gratitude over what they have done in the past and I am sure they will continue to do for the club. I also know that in that respect most of us are not fit to lick their boots.

The intention of the post though was not really aimed at individuals (and therefore I shouldn't have named them) but more the fact, and I do believe it is a fact, that there is a perception by many everyday fans, and particualrly those that have drifted away that there is an "in group" of fans that would appear to rather see the club run as it currently is than have one very rich individual moving us forward much quicker.

Personally I think this is nuts as I believe that football has changed so much that you have to, sadly, have the money men in the game. Therefore realistically the likes of Bloom are our only ticket to a higher level.

What has saddened me so much is that we have the best case scenario of a lifelong fan (supported by Dick Knight) with money now securing the clubs future and taking us forward in a risk free way that we could have only dreamed of a few years back and the very people that have been fighting the Albion cause so much appear to not be pleased in the way that 99% of the core support is.

The reality is the moment we finally knew Falmer would actually happen was when Bloom put his loot on the table and therefore Lord B, Liz and the others should really have been popping their champagne corks then. The fact they are subdued seems odd to me, and in a way terribly sad.

Apologies once again if my original message did not really reflect what I was trying to say.

Last edited:

The reality is the moment we finally knew Falmer would actually happen was when Bloom put his loot on the table and therefore Lord B, Liz and the others should really have been popping their champagne corks then. The fact they are subdued seems odd to me, and in a way terribly sad.
I'm delighted to be celebrating the certainty of Falmer happening and the funding for the playing side that we are going to see. I'm just waiting to see what kind of job Tony Bloom does at running the Club. Some people thought that Dick Knight was too 'hands on' when it came to that side of the Chairman's job - such signs as I've seen are that Tony Bloom may be the same, only more so.

But I'm reserving my final judgement, not assuming anything at this stage. And I don't feel at all subdued.

I'm delighted to be celebrating the certainty of Falmer happening and the funding for the playing side that we are going to see. I'm just waiting to see what kind of job Tony Bloom does at running the Club. Some people thought that Dick Knight was too 'hands on' when it came to that side of the Chairman's job - such signs as I've seen are that Tony Bloom may be the same, only more so.

But I'm reserving my final judgement, not assuming anything at this stage. And I don't feel at all subdued.

Something like....this?

[yt]3v0I4OQi7CQ[/yt]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
God, its shit having a job where you can't arse about on the internet all day and don't get to see any of this stuff till you get in.

I'm with the Badger.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I did know that the Blooms were planning to "spunk money" on the club. .

That is exactly the way it was put to me back in Nov/Dec last year, the source was not DK, but the sheer size of this particular spunking is way beyond what I was imagining. So it was perhaps very much in progress back then.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
and I do believe it is a fact, that there is a perception by many everyday fans, and particualrly those that have drifted away that there is an "in group" of fans that would appear to rather see the club run as it currently is than have one very rich individual moving us forward much quicker.

My perception is that the majority of everyday fans turn up to the football once or twice a week and thoughts like that don't even enter their heads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here