Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Inner Circle

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Dick Knight inner circle is presumably in tears at the moment?

Will this mean the club will now listen to all fans rather than just the likes of Liz Costa, Sarah Watts etc.

I can't help but feel the Knight clan will be feeling unhappy that the club is now forward which says a lot.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Will this mean the club will now listen to all fans rather than just the likes of Liz Costa, Sarah Watts etc.

I can't help but feel the Knight clan will be feeling unhappy that the club is now forward which says a lot.

Suggest you stop 'feeling' and try thinking.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

I Don't know anyone who is unhappy so don't make things up, just because we are all paying tribute to a guy who saved our club doesn't mean we don't realise that this is a step forward:annoyed:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'll take that as a yes then :thumbsup::laugh:

You can take as read that I am not a narrow minded idiot. I can see pros and cons with this change but I have the utmost respect for Dick Knight even accepting that like anybody he has made mistakes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The trouble is that he is going about five years too late!

Well I'm sure he would have gone earlier if there had been anybody who would have wanted to step in. The fact that Falmer is now being built puts the club abd it's value in a very different position to where it was five years ago.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think there is a core of supporters who would rather that the club was owned by a thousand supporters with no money than one who has loads.

I guess in an idealic way this would be great. And the notion that such a thing would be very comfortable and lovely is something I would buy into.

Unfortunately football in the last twenty years has changed so much that to run a club like this would effectively consign us to the bottom two divisions or worse forever.

The sad reality is that to get anywhere in the game now you need serious funds. I'm just very glad that we have someone who has those funds because there are lots of clubs out there now who don't.

It doesn't stop us still being a club for the community, but hopefully we can now be a succesful football match winning club for the community.

And don't forget Tony Bloom is a lifelong fan, not a Russian tycoon who is looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In what way do the "Anorak Wearing Supporters" have a say in the way the club is run? That is a preposterous statement. DK has done his best, and made a few mistakes on the way, haven't we all? He has run the club carefully from a financial point of view, got us promoted 3 times, and ensured that we have a new stadium to go to soon.

The suggestions on this thread are ridiculous. Going 5 years too late, f*** me, if he had gone 5 years ago, we would be lucky to still be in the FL.

Why would he [DK] be in tears, with this imaginary "inner circle"? He has just got the team he loves (and saved) out of the mire yet again. Banks were collapsing at the time he needed to raise a lot of funds. And so he has secured a deal which will make the Albion so much stronger than if the money had been borrowed.

And what on Earth does this mean?
"I can't help but feel the Knight clan will be feeling unhappy that the club is now forward which says a lot. "
"Unhappy the club has moved forward", WTF are you on about, everyone will be delighted the club has moved forward.
"Which says a lot" Againf, WTF does that mean?

Come on people, this is the best news to have happened to our club in years, it is BECAUSE of the actions of Dick Knight and Martin Perry, not IN SPITE of them.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
How could this news not be seen as good by anybody? It's what we have all fought and wanted for years.

Are we not all on the same side?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How could this news not be seen as good by anybody? It's what we have all fought and wanted for years.

Are we not all on the same side?

He has a point although I certainly wouldn't have put it like that.

This is certainly a twist in tail at the end of the Falmer saga, that I'm sure those who've been put that little bit extra effort into supporting the club
wouldn't have wanted in an ideal situation. I'd probably feel the same.

If I was one of them I'd probably feel a little but misled about a few things.

I'm not mystic meg, but I predicted this years ago. It was always on the cards that the victory (to a certain extent) would be snatched from the hands of those who fought so long to get here.

Yesterday was the moment we become another run of the mill club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could this mean the death of the anorak wearing supports having such a big say in the way the Club is run? :eek:
No , the bobble hat and thermos flask brigade are already planning a coup to oust the anoraks so that their voice is heard and the club takes notice of them. ;)

This is certainly a twist in tail at the end of the Falmer saga, that I'm sure those who've been put that little bit extra effort into supporting the club

I'm not mystic meg, but I predicted this years ago. It was always on the cards that the victory (to a certain extent) would be snatched from the hands of those who fought so long to get here.

There seems to me to be an implication in this that the "arrival" of Tony Bloom and his money must be a surprise to people who have been close to Dick Knight. And that they will be feeling "misled".

That's very far from the truth.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There seems to me to be an implication in this that the "arrival" of Tony Bloom and his money must be a surprise to people who have been close to Dick Knight. And that they will be feeling "misled".

That's very far from the truth.

Well three things.

1) Not directed at you, you are far too pragmattic from what I can glean.

I referring more to others who have been perhaps a little too quick in criticising others who questioned the financial situation of the development

2) Secondly, perhaps more directed at you. There is a distinct lack of celebration about yesterdays development.

And to be honest I understand. Yesterday asked as many questions as it answered.

3) It seems like a sore point.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

There would have been no victory without Tony Bloom. Knight could not get over the finishing line because he had tripped and fallen to the ground, knees grazed and looking forlornly upwards praying for a hand up. There is too much misty eyed romantisism in that post. Run of the mill will do me fine if that means a wealthy progressive chairman taking the club forward. Name me a club that prospers without such a thing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There would have been no victory without Tony Bloom. Knight could not get over the finishing line because he had tripped and fallen to the ground, knees grazed and looking forlornly upwards praying for a hand up. There is too much misty eyed romantisism in that post. Run of the mill will do me fine if that means a wealthy progressive chairman taking the club forward. Name me a club that prospers without such a thing.

Well I read it again then. I'm being a realist. I just reinterating the point that what everyone was fighting was to be become a normal club.

I can understand how so this seems a little hollow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here