Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyway, it's hard to gauge just how much was done and by when. The facts are, Vicente has never been out of contract. Vicente was offered a new contract (that he appears to either have not accepted, or not replied to (I was assume the former since his agent makes reference to them pushing back for an improved offer)). Vicente is still under contract.

I meant to add to the end of that post, if they didn't give him notice by may 12, he was allowed to negotiate with whomever he chose. So, without knowing when he was given written notice (of intent to negotiate or activate clause), we can't say if he was allowed to negotiate with someone else or not.

But really, are these things ever really punished? Teams have ways of negotiating or letting a player know they are interested and what they might pay without having official talks, and I don't recall this being something that is punished too often.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All true of course. But it wouldn't be NSC if there wasn't a 60-pager of speculation all based on limited unconfirmed reports.

Anyway, whilst I agree with your sentiments re the player, I'll not be overly impressed if this current situation drags on and on with him and his agent. Gus needs to know where he stands re his targets and his budget, and until someone shits or gets off the pot in this saga, we're somewhat in limbo when it comes to the transfer market for Gus's midfield circa 2012-13. He'll have pegged Vicente as the hub, but if he's decided he's cocking off now though, we need to be addressing that asap, not x number of weeks down the line.

I know, but this particular thread seems quite exceptional, even by NSC standards, when you consider how little we actually know.

As for it dragging on, again, it depends on what the truth actually is. For all I know, Vicente could be in Spain under-going a training regime laid out by the club under the guidance of a personal trainer, all with the approval of Gus, as part of some extended paternity leave. We literally DO. NOT. KNOW.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And re the Bosman thing, I always thought players were free to speak with other clubs once their contract is within 6 months of expiring. They just can't MOVE to that club until the contract is up obviously, unless the club he is at agrees to a deal.

Yep. That is exactly my understanding of it as well. I thought players could even sign pre-contract deals with other clubs once they are within 6 months of expiry on their current deal.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I meant to add to the end of that post, if they didn't give him notice by may 12, he was allowed to negotiate with whomever he chose. So, without knowing when he was given written notice (of intent to negotiate or activate clause), we can't say if he was allowed to negotiate with someone else or not.

But really, are these things ever really punished? Teams have ways of negotiating or letting a player know they are interested and what they might pay without having official talks, and I don't recall this being something that is punished too often.

FIFA banned Chelsea from any activity for two transfer windows after they were found guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to break his contract when he moved from Lens in 2007. Kakuta was also banned for playing for the next four months and fined him a total of £682,000.

I think United only got away with tapping up Pogba when he was at Le Harvre because they agreed to pay compensation that wasn't necessary.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know, but this particular thread seems quite exceptional, even by NSC standards, when you consider how little we actually know.

As for it dragging on, again, it depends on what the truth actually is. For all I know, Vicente could be in Spain under-going a training regime laid out by the club under the guidance of a personal trainer, all with the approval of Gus, as part of some extended paternity leave. We literally DO. NOT. KNOW.

Whether Vicente is doing Rocky training montages or not right now, what we do know is the longer this drags on, if we're left high and dry at the end of it, then Gus will be left with less potential alternative options, and less time to sort it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No. I'm asking you to read a document to prove you're right. So far all you have offered to the discussion is your opinion without backing that up with fact. I have backed up my opinion with fact by quoting verbatim from the FA Rules of the Association of which clubs and players have to adhere to. To be honest, this is the internet, you're entitled to an opinion, I just don't find it conducive to a decent debate when people saying things that are not true, or don't provide back-up to things they've said.

I've posted the same thing [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] posted! You've just decided to interrupt events to suit your own statements. Below you've stated as fact he was offered a new contract, where is the evidence of a new contract being offered other than Gus's press statement!? The ONLY FACTS, are that there are very few facts at this point!

Very amusing that you're on NSC and you don't find it conducive to a good debate when people say things that aren't true!?!? :ohmy::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FIFA banned Chelsea from any activity for two transfer windows after they were found guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to break his contract when he moved from Lens in 2007. Kakuta was also banned for playing for the next four months and fined him a total of £682,000.

I think United only got away with tapping up Pogba when he was at Le Harvre because they agreed to pay compensation that wasn't necessary.

Kakuta presumably wasn't less than 6 months away from the end of his current deal though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

And Chelsea had their transfer ban overturned by the court of arbitration. So, weren't really punished after all. But even these attempts to punish are rare.

Last edited:

kano

Jun 17, 2011
It would so even worse If we let it be known we would let players out of their contract if they just played up a bit Bloody hell they could all go for nothing

Very simplistic view of things, im not saying that anyone that agitates for a move should get one but there comes a point that its counter-productive to keep them.

Also that is a vastly different scenario from this vicente thing where Gus' word appears to have been broken.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Whether Vicente is doing Rocky training montages or not right now, what we do know is the longer this drags on, if we're left high and dry at the end of it, then Gus will be left with less potential alternative options, and less time to sort it.

Trust in Gus.

We played pretty well last season while Vicente was out, and no-one has gone that was performing in those games. I'm quite happy if plan B is seeing more of JFC.

It's ALL good, in fact it's NEVER been better.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I've posted the same thing [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] posted! You've just decided to interrupt events to suit your own statements. Below you've stated as fact he was offered a new contract, where is the evidence of a new contract being offered other than Gus's press statement!? The ONLY FACTS, are that there are very few facts at this point!

Very amusing that you're on NSC and you don't find it conducive to a good debate when people say things that aren't true!?!? :ohmy::lolol:

I'm sorry. Other than Poyet saying that Vicente was offered a new deal. I have no further proof that a new deal was offered.

Kakuta presumably wasn't less than 6 months away from the end of his current deal though.

No idea.

And Chelsea had their transfer ban overturned by the court of arbitration. So, weren't really punished after all. But even these attempts to punish are rare.

Agreed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
59 pages and it boils down to
1. is it Gus' fault?
2. is it Vicente's fault?
3. is it Mrs Vicente's fault?
4. is it Tony's fault?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Now seriously bored with all this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Spot on. STOP MAKING JUDGMENTS BASED ON STUFF WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EVERYONE.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Now the 13th most viewed thread on NSC.

Someway behind the 'Vicente has Signed' thread

:jester:

Thats only because the 'Vicente has Signed' thread has a monstrously misleading title given the circumstances...

People open it thinking Vicente HAS actually signed. Which he sort of has, but sort of hasn't. Sort of...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Trust in Gus.

We played pretty well last season while Vicente was out, and no-one has gone that was performing in those games. I'm quite happy if plan B is seeing more of JFC.

It's ALL good, in fact it's NEVER been better.

Also, as Gus has said about a possible "special" player this season, Vicente wasn't "planned", he was an extra bonus that was too good to pass up. I see him as the same this season also, and reckon Gus does too.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
59 pages and it boils down to
1. is it Gus' fault?
2. is it Vicente's fault?
3. is it Mrs Vicente's fault?
4. is it Tony's fault?

No mention of... is it Agents fault
hmm.gif

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Spot on. STOP MAKING JUDGMENTS BASED ON STUFF WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EVERYONE.

Hang on a bit.... we know:

1) he has been offered better terms on the contract extension.

2) he simply wants to stay in Spain

3) he has failed to turn up for training

4) he is under contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here