Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As long as Tony holds firm and doesn't get pushed around by the agents bullying tactics, we can just fine vicente a weeks wages for every week he doesn't show. Up to the agent really to try a different strategy if we show we won't be made mugs of.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No, sorry, this is wrong... the contract prevails over Gus' press mumblings...

Agree but you don't know what was said to Vicente, only what Gus told the press. As I said in a previous Vicente didn't wake up one morning and read it in the Argus, conversations would have taken place with him and you gotta believe that any conversation Gus had concerning contractual obligations would have been sanctioned higher up, in which case we are in a difficult legal position - statements made verbally are no less binding than the written .. and would the club deny what was said? Very much doubt it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
2 new tweets from Brian Owen

Brian Owen ‏[MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen

Poyet not saying too much about the Vicente situation but what he does say will be in The Argus tomorrow #bhafc

Brian Owen ‏[MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen

Gus Poyet delighted with "a fantastic day of work" by his players at training today, albeit in the "disappointing" absence of Vicente #bhafc

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agree but you don't know what was said to Vicente, only what Gus told the press. As I said in a previous Vicente didn't wake up one morning and read it in the Argus, conversations would have taken place with him and you gotta believe that any conversation Gus had concerning contractual obligations would have been sanctioned higher up, in which case we are in a difficult legal position - statements made verbally are no less binding than the written .. and would the club deny what was said? Very much doubt it

Agreed, apparantly in england a verbal agreement is legally binding

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
he understandably want's to play in Spain for family reason, .

So why was he even negotiating a new deal? And judging by Poyets 90 - 95% quote was on the verge of signing until his mate at Elche showed an interest. Those 2 facts tell me that either Vicente or his agent are f***ing us around.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As long as Tony holds firm and doesn't get pushed around by the agents bullying tactics, we can just fine vicente a weeks wages for every week he doesn't show. Up to the agent really to try a different strategy if we show we won't be made mugs of.

He maybe entitled to a period of paternity leave , after that runs out he can be fined until his contract ends as his registration is still with B&HA.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I think we al lgot carried away with the sign ing we never took any notice off this

Disappointed, the player publicly blamed the medical staff for his continuing injuries:

"I’m very low animically. I’ve lost all confidence in the medical staff, that's it. I’ve been defending them for the last two years, but I don’t see any of this situation improving, when I’m still not recovered from one injury I get worse, or suffer from another one. They give me an injection and then I can’t move myself for a week because of the pain".[8] "On top of this, then they tell me maybe my injury doesn’t exist, and it is psychological. It's very hard, I can’t stand it any longer. I’ve lost all confidence in the doctor, but I don’t want to be bad to anyone, but the person who loses the most is me, because I can neither play football nor help my teammates. I only ask to play twenty minutes in one go. "That is the worst part about it all, to know that when I have the opportunity to play with good health, things turn out well for me, and I play well, I can help the team," he concluded.

Valencia responded that they would open disciplinary proceedings against Vicente after these statements, citing: 'The club will take the necessary action against the player depending on whether his conduct is considered a 'serious' or 'very serious' offence under internal regulations'.[9] The "injury saga" came to an end when the player was fined €1.200, following controversial remarks made regarding the club's medical staff.
valencia were glad to get rid His personality seems to be one of those who blameseveryone else
Stamps his feet when he dont get his own way Yeah nasty mr bloom makinh him honour the contract he signed

macky

Dec 28, 2004

While we are on the subject could we not sue him for breach of contract

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Gus has said he was shopping for players to help vincente That was said as little as two weeks ago so all that money and time spent was wasted might have set us back a month if he [GUS] Has to change the players he's looking at sod it let him rot

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gus has said he was shopping for players to help vincente That was said as little as two weeks ago so all that money and time spent was wasted might have set us back a month if he [GUS] Has to change the players he's looking at sod it let him rot

Get the same players and step up to the plate our new vicente - JFC

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Get the same players and step up to the plate our new vicente - JFC

do you think jfc is the same type of player ? i see him more central And i dont think he wil lneed a bodyguard playing with him

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
do you think jfc is the same type of player ? i see him more central And i dont think he wil lneed a bodyguard playing with him

maybe not and not as experienced, but if players had been sourced based on Vicente staying, and he doesn't..... we still need players and should find a new Vicente role player rather than start again from scratch

macky

Dec 28, 2004
maybe not and not as experienced, but if players had been sourced based on Vicente staying, and he doesn't..... we still need players and should find a new Vicente role player rather than start again from scratch
the way i read it one or teo of those player were goin ot be bodyguards I hope that none of our other players will need one

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is NOT on pay as you play, believe me...

He may not be strictly on a pay as you play basis, but I don't think he is currently on a flat basic weekly either. If he doesn't turn up for work, the club should stop his wages simples...Unless there is a very real reason why he can't be here. And that doesn't include anything his missus might have to do with things ffs. He is a footballer, that's what he does. That's why she has the style of life she has....Like Brian Clough once said to a players wife, when the player took her along to discuss his contract.."So what position do you play young lady?"....Then in not so many words told her too leave the room.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Agreed, apparantly in england a verbal agreement is legally binding

That's as maybe. But i'd like to know how you can prove someone actually said something and was not misquoted...Unless it's recorded or something. The spoken word isn't worth a wank in the real world, just like a handshake isn't either.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That's as maybe. But i'd like to know how you can prove someone actually said something and was not misquoted...Unless it's recorded or something. The spoken word isn't worth a wank in the real world, just like a handshake isn't either.

Argus April 17th - Albion boss Gus Poyet will leave it to Vicente to decide if he wants to stay or go.

Albion signed Vicente in a one-year deal just after the start of the season.

They have an option to keep the former Valencia playmaker for longer but Poyet revealed to The Argus: "I am not going to use any options if he doesn't want to stay, because he's too good and because maybe he deserves to be playing at a better level.''

This is in stark contrast to the quote from Gus in the Argus article few days ago:

“We were trying to negotiate a new contract and unfortunately we couldn’t agree so we needed to activate the option''.

its a fact Kev, Poyet said it, then unsaid it with his actions. forgetting all the Albion centered opinions or our moral thoughts, that would seemingly be basis enough to challenge on the basis of a factual verbal agreement?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He has had 3 clubs if he go,s that wil be four no where near a loyal one club man bloody hell he's nearly as many as frank worthington
if you re going to fight his corner geta little more real than that

Yes of course, I forget he was at Lavente from 16 to 19 years old, then at Valencia from 19 to 30 years old. Yes, he really isn't very loyal is he...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Argus April 17th - Albion boss Gus Poyet will leave it to Vicente to decide if he wants to stay or go.

Albion signed Vicente in a one-year deal just after the start of the season.

They have an option to keep the former Valencia playmaker for longer but Poyet revealed to The Argus: "I am not going to use any options if he doesn't want to stay, because he's too good and because maybe he deserves to be playing at a better level.''

This is in stark contrast to the quote from Gus in the Argus article few days ago:

“We were trying to negotiate a new contract and unfortunately we couldn’t agree so we needed to activate the option''.

its a fact Kev, Poyet said it, then unsaid it with his actions. forgetting all the Albion centered opinions or our moral thoughts, that would seemingly be basis enough to challenge on the basis of a factual verbal agreement?

But it's not Poyet's call to make. That's like me promising you a pay rise down the pub when it's not my company or business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here