Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jan 30, 2008
But the UK were always going to have to pay what we had already committed to for our current obligations and benefits up to 2020.

Despite the leave campaign claiming they wouldn't pay this, it was always known that this was Britain's commitment.

I'm struggling to understand why that would be a basis as to why you would change your mind from Remain to Leave?

out of interest, is there a legal obligation to pay this commitment you keep banging on about or is it a keep everyone happy commitment ??
regards
DF

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tim Vince, prospective Brexit candidate for South Thanet being torn a new one on Sunday Politics.

If the Brexit party want to be taken seriously, why do they put up candidates like him???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
out of interest, is there a legal obligation to pay this commitment you keep banging on about or is it a keep everyone happy commitment ??
regards
DF

Just this once, because trying to explain to you everything you don't understand about Brexit is surely beyond anyone's realistic expectation :lolol:

We've also agreed to pay the complete 'divorce' bill before we even find out whether we have a trading agreement :dunce:

Britain will be legally bound to pay its £39bn Brexit divorce bill before the details of a future EU trade deal are agreed, a minister has admitted.

Details https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-divorce-bill-uk-pay-eu-trade-deal-talks-david-davis-suella-braverman-a8364841.html

(Try using 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'Red, White and Blue Brexit' instead - much harder to pin down :thumbsup)

This was what I told you on the Brexit thread 18 months ago :facepalm:

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
regards
DF

It’s all about the European bloc trade deal. We can refuse to pay anything on Brexit but the first question when we sit round the table with the 27 to do a deal, which we will have to do, is “Right, about that £35-40 billion.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tim Vince, prospective Brexit candidate for South Thanet being torn a new one on Sunday Politics.

If the Brexit party want to be taken seriously, why do they put up candidates like him???

They only have one policy and that varies in severity depending on Farage's relevance and the amount of money it's bringing in for the Farage Party...….. He's not going to stand for MP by the way, he says he's better off touring the country and supporting other candidates...….

This puts me very much in mind of The Life of Brian scene 10 The Peoples Front of Judea , attack on Pilates Palace..... for " Reg" read " Nigel Farage "

FRANCIS: Now, this is the palace in Caesar's Square. Our commando unit will approach from Fish Street, under cover of night, and make our way to the northwestern main drain. If questioned, we are sewage workers on our way to a conference. -- Reg, our glorious leader and founder of the P.F.J., will be coordinating consultant at the drain head, though he himself will not be taking part in any terrorist action, as he has a bad back.

BRIAN: Aren't you going to come with us?

REG: Solidarity, brother.

BRIAN: Oh, yes. Solidarity, Reg.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They only have one policy and that varies in severity depending on Farage's relevance and the amount of money it's bringing in for the Farage Party...….. He's not going to stand for MP by the way, he says he's bettor off touring the country and supporting other candidates...….

This puts me very much in mind of The Life of Brian scene 10 The Peoples Front of Judea , attack on Pilates Palace..... for " Reg" read " Nigel Farage "

FRANCIS: Now, this is the palace in Caesar's Square. Our commando unit will approach from Fish Street, under cover of night, and make our way to the northwestern main drain. If questioned, we are sewage workers on our way to a conference. -- Reg, our glorious leader and founder of the P.F.J., will be coordinating consultant at the drain head, though he himself will not be taking part in any terrorist action, as he has a bad back.

BRIAN: Aren't you going to come with us?

REG: Solidarity, brother.

BRIAN: Oh, yes. Solidarity, Reg.

Well who, in their right mind, would want to take on a man in a dolphin suit again ? :lolol:

D_okHVdWsAASvr2.jpg

Attachments

• D4R8rtgWwAArVrh.jpg
    D4R8rtgWwAArVrh.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 156

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I find it interesting that my corbynite friends on social media are spending way more time attacking the Lib dems than they are the tories.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I find it interesting that my corbynite friends on social media are spending way more time attacking the Lib dems than they are the tories.

For the time being I think Labour can safely leave 'attacking the Tories' to:

a) the Nigel Farage Party and
b) the Tories

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Was that who it was? Good God. Even Mrs GB, who rarely looks up from the sofa of a Sunday morning, was moved to stare at the telly and mouth "who's that ***kwit?"

Statue paranoia and condemning the gays without being man enough to say it. Imagine bellends like that running the country :nono: :lolol: :shootself:

Jan 30, 2008
It’s all about the European bloc trade deal. We can refuse to pay anything on Brexit but the first question when we sit round the table with the 27 to do a deal, which we will have to do, is “Right, about that £35-40 billion.”

As I thought , thanks
Regards
DF

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Had a VERY nasty turn when I heard the name 'Tim Vince', (it was on some BBC South programme) and saw it was some uber Tory. I, *ahem*, know a guy called Tim Vince and he's an absolutely fantastic bloke. Really, really great. He's absolutely mortified that there is some asshole who shares his name.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Posted this in the brexit thread as a response but its proper home is here.

With Corbyn the problem is, is that the people who say that Corbyn is un-electable believe this because there's lots of other people saying he is un-electable.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. But then, when you ask for specifics why he's un-electable, it's mostly because he is a Marxist (a lie) a terrorist sympathiser (a lie) an anti-Semite (a lie) and his policies will create more debt (half truth at best).

But the undoubted fact is, his and Labour policies poll well with a majority of the electorate. If you take away the lies about him, and the people who say he is un-electable vote for the polices instead of on who the leader is, a leader who by the way who has 1/650th of decision making power in the commons, he would be elected. It's a real shame a majority will not vote for their own standards of living and public services to get a unicorn Brexit which never existed and to make themselves worse off through tory polices whilst making the rich even richer.

Let us take the Labour nationalisation policies as an example. The CBI say they will increase public debt. In fact, we will be using public money to create a public ownership. As far as the balance sheet goes, we have the same amount of capital and we can reap the rewards of the profits. The public are already paying out the bum for privatisation through government subsidies.

I don’t know a single person who does not consider share holdings as part of their overall wealth, do you? And do you know what, if did go tits up, guess what? It’s a saleable asset. It’s a win win. Cannot say the same for reversing the damage of Brexit if it ever happened.

Vote Labour for real change because this country is currently the pits.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, it's either Jezza or BoJo? Just the two?

Well, I assumed (possibly wrongly, judging from your response) that you wouldn't want to lose to a man dressed as a dolphin again, given that he's the only other Brexit supporter :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here