Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I was picking up some baby food from ASDA
last night when I was struck with the chilling reality that someone from Conservative Campaign Headquarters has been doing some consultancy work for them in regards to how they advertise figures!

4713c6fd828ec5f53f78b5a45d3b50c1.jpg

I hope the eco-nutters get rid of disposable nappies,then people wouldn't poison their kids with crap like that.Imagine trying to wash out the results of that!:shit:I suppose anyone feeble-minded enough to buy it deserves getting ripped off for the prices.:lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gone back on your word already then, are you a politician?

Try and stick to the topic in hand. I won’t be engaging with you if you try and take this off on a personal tangent. That’s not interesting for anyone.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The “do you fly” trick. It’s such a cop out to do nothing yourself. So anyone that has ever flown, got into a car, worn wellington boots, is no longer allowed to fight for a better future? Grow up.

No,but if they aren't trying to correct their selfish behaviour then they are hypocrites.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No,but if they aren't trying to correct their selfish behaviour then they are hypocrites.

I suppose calling people names might be a solution to the climate emergency. Doesn’t seem like it would be very helpful but I suppose if it’s all you’ve got.....

D

Deleted member 2719

The “do you fly” trick. It’s such a cop out to do nothing yourself. So anyone that has ever flown, got into a car, worn wellington boots, is no longer allowed to fight for a better future? Grow up.

I'd call making governments change their policies on the environment an investment. Unless you are genuinely ignorant of what is going on in the election and the wider world through protest, it's clear the climate has become a key policy issue for all the parties to different degrees, and that only happens if they think that is what the electorate care about. So yeah, climate protests do appear to have been successful in elevating the environment to a top agenda item, and probably a decade too late.

I have flown but not for sometime if that answers your simplistic narrative question of whether someone is a hypocrite if they care about the environment and might have the audacity to fly.

So great, if you two will commit not to fly during 2020 you can kick your flip flops off and forget protesting, you will have done your bit.

So are you ready to actually make a change to the climate???

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm feeling moderately positive today for some reason.

If it's a hung parliament then BJ is kaput and 2Ref becomes more likely.
If it's a BJ majority then JC is kaput and there is a chance - a chance - of some decent opposition. Plus then BJ will actually have to follow through on his lies which will be impossible.

We're in for some more rough but I can see some smooth on the way.

Nothing wrong with rough.:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So great, if you two will commit not to fly during 2020 you can kick your flip flops off and forget protesting, you will have done your bit.

I haven’t flown, at all in over four years. So you can have my goody points to fly to Benidorm and eat steak and chips by the pool.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yes, it's a major issue for me and has been for a long time. Obviously you have people so closed minded and lacking any real knowledge on the matter that changing their views will be very difficult, but through collective action and pressure, there is perhaps still some hope we can turn things around.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The problem the world faces is unfortunately the likes of Mouldy Boots who care so little about climate change that they genuinely find it hard to believe that anybody could. So when they ask “do you fly “ or “do you protest” they are genuinely shocked that some people do care enough not to fly and people do care enough to protest.
It’s simply so far removed form their mindset that it genuinely spins their heads.
They think people who care about the environment are as wishy washy as someone knitting a dream catcher and clutching a crystal. Fraid not, we are all going to have to adapt by making some very real, very difficult decisions. I’m not sure how much longer it will be our decision to make.
And that is why the planet is ****ed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Try and stick to the topic in hand. I won’t be engaging with you if you try and take this off on a personal tangent. That’s not interesting for anyone.

You are so bloody judgemental of others, but you have broken your own pledge in around three days. You have peddled mistruths and admitted to it on this forum. You would fit in well with the self serving types in Westminster.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You are so bloody judgemental of others, but you have broken your own pledge in around three days. You have peddled mistruths and admitted to it on this forum. You would fit in well with the self serving types in Westminster.

Go away. Child.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That is what you promised to do, but couldn’t carry it out.

Where did I say I was going away? I said I wasn’t engaging with you. I changed my mind. Deal with it.
If I’m so abhorrent to you and your sensibilities can I suggest you either place me on ignore, ignore me on your own, don’t engage or try Mumsnet?
It’s all rather simple. You really don’t have to get yourself all het up by someone on the Internet that you’ve never met ;-)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Read the manifesto. They aim to retain 19k nurses that would have otherwise left, recruit another 31k. Do the maths. They have not claimed 50k NEW nurses.

Or are the left peddling lies now?

"50k more nurses". How many leave is a projection. Saying you will prevent a hypothetical number of nurses not leaving then using that number as an actual figure for nurses you will be adding is ridiculous. Honestly, if you cannot see the duplicity in that then as I said before, you should have been an accountant for Enron, it was exactly how they did their books.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In this morning's episode of "Tory lies through his teeth"...

[TWEET]1202537588403449856[/TWEET]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In this morning's episode of "Tory lies through his teeth"...

[TWEET]1202537588403449856[/TWEET]

I was waiting for this one. They really are loathsome aren’t they. Anyone thinking of voting for these liars needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here