Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D

Deleted member 2719

Depends if you count the survival of earth and humanity as a waste

This is a WORLD issue if you believe it, these crusties will always want it done tomorrow, but then they will jet off on a plane. Eg Dame Emma Thompson

You have to laugh.

He doesn’t believe it’s an issue and he hates “lefty protesters” so not hard to have a guess at his views on the people literally trying to save him and future generations.

Climate disaster and a Tory government are what happen when we sit idly by and let others profit from our misery.

I don't get 'lefty protestors' as it seems wasteful ENERGY, if they want to do something about it they should become a politician, don't just sit there screaming and gluing themselves to everything wasting valuable police resources.

I am sure there are a small number of do-gooders involved in the left movement, but the majority are the most hypocritical people on the planet.

Do you protest then clampy?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What has been the cost so far on No Deal Brexit planning?

Fairly sure we're into the billions now, which is hilarious.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is a WORLD issue if you believe it, these crusties will always want it done tomorrow, but then they will jet off on a plane. Eg Dame Emma Thompson

You have to laugh.

I don't get 'lefty protestors' as it seems wasteful ENERGY, if they want to do something about it they should become a politician, don't just sit there screaming and gluing themselves to everything wasting valuable police resources.

I am sure there are a small number of do-gooders involved in the left movement, but the majority are the most hypocritical people on the planet.

Do you protest then clampy?

Surely the populace should be able to pressure politicians into action as is our right, rather than have to actually become politicians. “Just become a politician” . What a typically ridiculous suggestion. How about we make the existing politicians take action?

You can call people hypocrites all you like, that doesn’t mean the problem goes away.

Do I protest? Far too much, darling. Far too much :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Read the manifesto. They aim to retain 19k nurses that would have otherwise left, recruit another 31k. Do the maths. They have not claimed 50k NEW nurses.

Or are the left peddling lies now?

Best quit on this one. There may be arguments you can win, this isn't one of them...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Read the manifesto. They aim to retain 19k nurses that would have otherwise left, recruit another 31k. Do the maths. They have not claimed 50k NEW nurses.

Or are the left peddling lies now?

They clearly tried to misrepresent themselves and their intentions. Did they outright say “50,000 new nurses”? I’m not sure. Did they try to make out they were recruiting 50,000 new nurses? Yes.

It’s a lie. Whether it comes in the form of trying to create the impression of 50,000 new nurses or whether they said it outright. It’s a lie.

IMO to make out they were tying to do anything else is at best naive and at worst, bullshit :)

D

Deleted member 2719

Not sure if I see policing peaceful protest as a waste.

Planning for a No Deal (that might not even happen) has already cost the police £26m, with that expected to rise. Exiting a No Deal will incur £26m per year just in additional admin dealing with the various database issues, with Kent police saying they'll need an additional £20m. Happy?

I've tried, but usually I end up straight in the sea.

Of course, they had to prepare for a no-deal, when you are negotiating one of the biggest deals ever you would need all the leverage possible and a safety net too.

I would call it an investment, as for £37m spent on a bunch of hypocritical partygoers, that is unlikely to have little to no change to the WORLD environment.

So do you fly?

D

Deleted member 2719

Surely the populace should be able to pressure politicians into action as is our right, rather than have to actually become politicians. “Just become a politician” . What a typically ridiculous suggestion. How about we make the existing politicians take action?

You can call people hypocrites all you like, that doesn’t mean the problem goes away.

Do I protest? Far too much, darling. Far too much :)

Are you coming on to me???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why lie about such a simple thing?

It's so ironic that Corbyn shouts liar all the time at Boris, he is sly, stealth-like and a very dangerous liar, Boris is readable and that exactly why the public trust him more than Corbyn.

a person of his generation will undoubtedly have seen the Queen's Christmas day speech as at one time it was considered by many as the highlight of the day's viewing. He might not have watched it in the last 50 years though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They clearly tried to misrepresent themselves and their intentions. Did they outright say “50,000 new nurses”? I’m not sure. Did they try to make out they were recruiting 50,000 new nurses? Yes.

It’s a lie. Whether it comes in the form of trying to create the impression of 50,000 new nurses or whether they said it outright. It’s a lie.

IMO to make out they were tying to do anything else is at best naive and at worst, bullshit :)

Gone back on your word already then, are you a politician?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course, they had to prepare for a no-deal, when you are negotiating one of the biggest deals ever you would need all the leverage possible and a safety net too.

I would call it an investment, as for £37m spent on a bunch of hypocritical partygoers, that is unlikely to have little to no change to the WORLD environment.

So do you fly?

The “do you fly” trick. It’s such a cop out to do nothing yourself. So anyone that has ever flown, got into a car, worn wellington boots, is no longer allowed to fight for a better future? Grow up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So do you fly?

I'd call making governments change their policies on the environment an investment. Unless you are genuinely ignorant of what is going on in the election and the wider world through protest, it's clear the climate has become a key policy issue for all the parties to different degrees, and that only happens if they think that is what the electorate care about. So yeah, climate protests do appear to have been successful in elevating the environment to a top agenda item, and probably a decade too late.

I have flown but not for sometime if that answers your simplistic narrative question of whether someone is a hypocrite if they care about the environment and might have the audacity to fly.

D

Deleted member 2719

a person of his generation will undoubtedly have seen the Queen's Christmas day speech as at one time it was considered by many as the highlight of the day's viewing. He might not have watched it in the last 50 years though.

Got it.

He struggles to SEE that he is unelectable, so I suppose he may be unable to see the TV.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm feeling moderately positive today for some reason.

If it's a hung parliament then BJ is kaput and 2Ref becomes more likely.
If it's a BJ majority then JC is kaput and there is a chance - a chance - of some decent opposition. Plus then BJ will actually have to follow through on his lies which will be impossible.

We're in for some more rough but I can see some smooth on the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here