Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But what about people who want to leave but will vote Labour because they prefer their local Labour candidate. If your statement above is true they will be shown as 'remainers' in a General Election, even though they may be ardent leavers ???

And how do you know those people ( and it's an obvious jibe at my past voting record ) won't change ? In normal circumstances I'd vote for Peter Kyle but these aren't normal circumstances. Firstly I want Brexit completed - Kyle does not. Secondly the Tories have put up a decent candidate in Hove and Portslade. A candidate that is being investigated because he had the cheek to call out the council homeless figures as lies - which they clearly were. Kyle has jumped on that Labour council bandwagon despite knowing the figures were utterly false. And finally, last time, the Tories put up a bible bashing nut job - not so this time. Robert Nemeth has been a decent councillor and no doubt would make a decent MP. I know quite a number of people in Hove that last time voted Kyle and this time will vote Nemeth ….. I'm one of them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And how do you know those people ( and it's an obvious jibe at my past voting record ) won't change ? In normal circumstances I'd vote for Peter Kyle but these aren't normal circumstances. Firstly I want Brexit completed - Kyle does not. Secondly the Tories have put up a decent candidate in Hove and Portslade. A candidate that is being investigated because he had the cheek to call out the council homeless figures as lies - which they clearly were. Kyle has jumped on that Labour council bandwagon despite knowing the figures were utterly false. And finally, last time, the Tories put up a bible bashing nut job - not so this time. Robert Nemeth has been a decent councillor and no doubt would make a decent MP. I know quite a number of people in Hove that last time voted Kyle and this time will vote Nemeth ….. I'm one of them.

It's not all about you :lolol:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Rubbish …… nobody converts THAT much.

Sigh.

Post #92391 on the brexit thread :

Let's get real for a minute here.

I voted leave. I wasn't exactly what you call an on the fence or swing voter. In fact I was passionately pro leave and very vocal as such trying to persuade people it was the right thing to do.

Firstly, I in no way voted to be worse off. Not even for a second did I vote to be worse off in the short term, full stop.

In fact, as a daily mail reader (at the time) being worse off , even in the short term was dismissed as 'Scare mongering ' or 'project fear' by the leave campaign.

In actual fact, I voted for the easiest deal in human history, one that could be "rapidly" (quote Boris johnson) implemented.

3 years down the line there has been no such thing as the easiest deal in human history. I now know this doesn't and never did exist.

In actual fact, I voted to avoid an "ever closer union". This hasn't happened. And in hindsight, I recognise we had Veto powers to avoid this. This no longer remains true.

In actual fact, I voted to avoid an EU army. This hasn't happened. In hindsight, I now question why I even thought an EU army is even an issue. Whats so bad about having 27 allies and the most powerful army on the planet? But the exclamation marks and capital letter mail headlines had me thinking this was a disaster.

I actually voted to avoid 70 million Turks turning up on my doorstep. Despite the fact they are are decades away from meeting EU criteria to join the bloc.

One of the reasons I voted to stop further risk of immigration was the strain on our public services. This however, was not a lie. But the dirty little secret? The leave campaign convinced me it was because there was too many people coming from the EU. It wasn't that at all . It was and still is a result of poorly funded public services caused by Tory austerity. I was young, I didn't know better.

I actually voted to regain sovereignty. I was 24 at the time. Got to be honest, didn't really even know what sovereignty was, all I know is the daily mail made me think we had to have it, at whatever cost.

Again, hindsight taught me we have a veto for major changes. Hindsight taught me EU laws are a tiny percentage of our laws. And the ones they DID enforce, actually make a lot of sense. But the daily mail told me "How very dare they".

We are now three years down the line. My worst fears havent come true, nor was there any real risk of them happening.

But one fear I didn't expect, was to be poorer and now this looks like a certainty. see most think tank studies. The fact that 40 billion will be wiped off our GDP to save a supposed (absolute lie) £350m per week?

All this caused by what was the actual project fear, the leave campaign.

Three years have changed me. Older, wiser and reading papers that don't have divisive rhetoric.

If I'm so passionately remain, after being so passionately leave, I do wonder just how many swing voters who voted out now live every day with regret, like me.

Democracy is about flexibility and changing opinions based on current affairs. Stop stealing my democracy and let me fix the sh1t I helped create.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

Post #92409 on the brexit thread (Apologies JC for having to drag this back up) :

Aww JC Footy Genius. Bless you. You okay hun?

What's the matter, does it not fit your agenda that a now remainer was once a brexiter and has the audacity to hold his hands up and admit he was lied to, and that he made a mistake. Cute.

You've obviously done some digging on me as a poster on this forum. Congratulations on that , well done for doing some actual research. I mean it's a shame you've applied yourself in an attempt to catch me out rather than to establish some legitimate facts about leaving, but still, I appreciate your efforts and aptitude to try and gain some facts. Bravo.

However let me fill in some gaps for you. I joined this forum around the time my beloved Boro, Burnley and yourselves were in a promotion race.

Despite our promotion, I kind of liked you guys , you all (most of you) are really decent posters, and I like your board. so I decided to stick around.

It won't therefore surpise you then to learn, this isn't my primary board. You see, I'm a regular poster on FMTTM and my username is "mikeyyyy". Yes with 4 y's . Not really a particularly thoughtful username you know but I had a lot on that day 10 years ago with all the drinking and uni. You know how it is.

But having a primary board means my outspokeness in favour of brexit can really only be seen on there.

Let's take a look shall we?

20 Feb 2016. I posted a very expletive post about my distaste for anti-brexit stances. see here:

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough...php?id=4761412

July 2016. I open a thread in favour of brexit and take the opinion that jobs moving or being lost is a pack of lies. see here

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough...php?id=4938203

June 2016. I hit back at someone who said funding to certain areas will be cut as this was funded by the EU. See here.

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough...php?id=4927169

As you can see. I was very very pro leave. And actually, looking back at these posts, I'm evidently quite angry. It's wonderful the effect right wing media can have on your emotions. I was about as dismissive as you are now actually.

Now JC. This bits just for you, because you're very dismissive and I can practically smell the spit on your keyboard as you rage type "you aren't mikeyyyy from FMTTM, blah blah blah". So as proof. See heredon't forget to ctrl+f "JC Footy Genius")

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough...php?id=5981591

Having to prove myself to dismissive fwits like you is a chore. But needs must.

Me and my thumb chums are just fine. though.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

You see. Yes they do change THAT much. And as it happens, I am a living example which disproves anybody who says the media have no influence.

Changing from being a regular Daily Mail reader helped me put things into perspective.

The influence they have may not be as extreme on others as it was on me, but the influence is there none the less.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[tweet]1200572209464532992[/tweet]

Every time I see Matt Hancock on TV I think "Chris Grayling".

He's actually completely useless isn't he. Looks like a drowning kitten when asked about anything. How the **** has he got this far? :dunce:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Countries can trade with those who they don’t have a trade agreement with, including trade blocs and also those that they do have preferential trade deals with.
When you called someone deluded and said “Deluded. How do you trade with a trading block when you haven't got a trade deal? you were inferring it was not even possible to trade with someone else unless a trade deal was in place. Which is incorrect.

You're being pedantic - Thunder Bolt would know perfectly well that things from China are on sale in England, and vice versa, even though we have no trade deal. She was simply indulging, I guess, in mild hyperbole to make the point that trade is harder without a deal.

How on earth can you be certain what she was inferring?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Every time I see Matt Hancock on TV I think "Chris Grayling".

He's actually completely useless isn't he. Looks like a drowning kitten when asked about anything. How the **** has he got this far? :dunce:

That`s strange, when I see him he reminds me of Jeffrey Fairbrother from Hi Di Hi .

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
... Has anyone seen Jess Phillips lately???

I haven't, although I do like her. She says she might stand for leader after JC Political Genius is ousted. I hope she does.

Great line from her in The Times today: "If I had a pound for every Tory MP who tells me they don't like Boris Johnson I'd be a millionaire."

D

Deleted member 2719

On a remote Hebridean island with JRM, Duncan-Smith and Abbott. All vote losers, therefore craftily hidden away.

Not sure about Duncan-Smith, I have seen him about.

If I was JRM I would call for a helicopter and leave Abbott and Phillips to fight over a crab. Phillips would probably knife it in the front and not the back, while Abbott works out whether to eat the knife, Phillips or the crab.:hilton:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here