Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Terrible interview by Marr who was more interested in delivering numerous pre-prepared attack lines than conducting a proper interview. Probably afraid of negative comparisons with A Neil and overcompensated badly.

In contrast, his interview with Chakrabati was calmer and balanced, she came across well making good points (being allowed to answer helped), although I wish her view that this issue shouldn't be politicised would be followed by the rest of the Labour Party (and their troll supporters online), Yvette Cooper being the first to jump on the bandwagon triggering predictable shithousery responses from the Tories. Corbyn, (the man who proudly boasts he has been opposing anti terror legislation since 1983) will be exploiting this issue further later today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems to me the London Bridge event become politicial from both sides. dont know who started it but claims and counter-claims started early on, i think they are both telling their version and not the full "truth", detail legal issues reduced to 280 charaters.

lets be honest about this, we will have this sort of event happen unless you either extend sentances to terrorists or some sort of "education" to de-radicalise. this is less about funding than will to do, because those actions get resisted by more liberal political views. some offenders re-offend, nothing new here.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
It needs to be politcal though.

The "now is not the time for politics" has been thrown out there by the NRA and Republicans after nearly 500 mass shootings in America this year.

The dunblaine shooting was quickly politicised and we managed to eliminate the scourge that caused it within weeks.

That's the real way to pay your respects for the fallen, making sure they didn't die in vain. And still, many years on we still remember.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What’s the point of putting yourself up for interview if you just want to make political statements, regardless of teen questions. Shameless and so disparaging to the U.K. populace. Prick

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hilarious that the usual Tory/Brexit supporters on here are wailing “don’t politicise it” now it’s coming to light that the Tory government are to blame for his early release.
They were all quite happy to let people speculate politically before their glorious leader was in the firing line. Such transparent hypocrisy.

“Don’t politicise it”

Translation;

Don’t start scrutinising who may be to blame. It might be us.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I dunno what the big problem is, listening to Boris on Marr, everything seems so simple. We just need to get brexit done don't we? It's clearly the cause of all our problems as a country, especially all those pesky issues caused by the last 10 years of Tory leadership.

So c'mon chaps, let's all be good sports, vote Boris, get Brexit done overnight and tomorrow will be PARADISE.

Cunbt.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Well 'as a committed remainer' you must be aware that, according to everyone with experience of negotiating trade deals, this 'fast Brexit' that you want will take at least another 10 years (or 50 years if you believe Leader of the House JRM) ???

Yes , but we will have left the EU and will be operating under the withdrawal agreement which means that, in the interim period at least, we can trade reasonably normal. I agree, sorting out a long term trade deal will take years. Don't get me wrong, I think leaving at all is economic madness but we cant carry on as we are - either leave immediately or revoke immediately.

I completely agree. Get it done fast: just revoke it.

Revoke, for me personally, would be first choice and if the country gave the Lib Dems a majority then I think that would give revocation legitimacy. However that isn't going to happen. So we are faced with leaving the EU a few weeks after the election or starting another process of renegotiation with the EU and another referendum which will also take far far longer than the politicians claim. If the country votes leave again then we will be in the same mess as we are now and no further forward.

Maybe its just wanting something new to talk about but we have to move forward!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The Labour biased Telegraph is now reporting the expected Tory majority being slashed from 80 to 12 in a week.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...redicted-commons-majority-slashed-80-12-week/

Where is the NSC ‘house’ poll-of-polls to balance this up?

Suspect you'll see a concerted effort from the Telegraph, Mail etc to focus on the narrowing polls in order to scare traditional Tory voters from voting Lib Dem and letting Labour in. A different version of 'Project Fear'!

D

Deleted member 2719

Dick Burgon, avoided the mcdonnell getting rid of MI5 question, no surprise there.

Last edited by a moderator:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes , but we will have left the EU and will be operating under the withdrawal agreement which means that, in the interim period at least, we can trade reasonably normal. I agree, sorting out a long term trade deal will take years. Don't get me wrong, I think leaving at all is economic madness but we cant carry on as we are - either leave immediately or revoke immediately.

The interim period (as I pointed out previously of 10-50 years) where we stick to all EU rules and regulations, continue paying fully into the EU and have no input whatsoever to any of it ?

So exactly the same as at present but with no input for our investment whatsoever. You mean that interim period :shrug:

Revoke, for me personally, would be first choice and if the country gave the Lib Dems a majority then I think that would give revocation legitimacy. However that isn't going to happen. So we are faced with leaving the EU a few weeks after the election or starting another process of renegotiation with the EU and another referendum which will also take far far longer than the politicians claim. If the country votes leave again then we will be in the same mess as we are now and no further forward.

Maybe its just wanting something new to talk about but we have to move forward!

Or carry on as we are with full control and power of veto, with the significant input of one of the biggest powers in the EU into any rules and regulations.

Well I can certainly see why you think the first scenario is the best way 'to move forward' for the next 10-50 years ???

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The interim period (as I pointed out previously of 10-50 years) where we stick to all EU rules and regulations, continue paying fully into the EU and have no input whatsoever to any of it ?

So exactly the same as at present but with no input for our investment whatsoever. You mean that interim period :shrug:

Or carry on as we are with full control and power of veto, with the significant input of one of the biggest powers in the EU into any rules and regulations.

Well I can certainly see why you think the first scenario is the best way 'to move forward' for the next 10-50 years ???

My business trades with customers in various EU nations (and the US) and we are completely paralysed at the moment. The day we actually leave we can resume trade and we are all (us and our customers) ready to go. We'd all rather be permanently in, but the current limbo land is damaging us all. But, hey, what do I know?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My business trades with customers in various EU nations (and the US) and we are completely paralysed at the moment. The day we actually leave we can resume trade and we are all (us and our customers) ready to go. We'd all rather be permanently in, but the current limbo land is damaging us all. But, hey, what do I know?

Well you know that if a decision is made to remain, then you can carry on trading under EU terms and regulations as at present, and for the foreseeable future, and have significant influence on those terms and regulations.

You also know that if the decision is leave, then the trading under EU terms and regulations is for a finite period which no one can tell you the length of, how much we will have to pay for this, or what will happen after this finishes. (And you will have no influence on those rules or regulations for that undefined period, whatever it may be).

I'm not sure I understand why you are paralysed, but if it is because you don't know the timescales and you are constantly worried about imminent 'no deals', then that will definitely continue over the next 10-50 years, as we wouldn't want to take 'no deal' off the table while we negotiate the Trade deal as apparently that would weaken our negotiating position.

That's what you know :thumbsup:

(And you have my sympathies. I'm glad I don't run businesses anymore under this current clusterf*** of a government).

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Johnson generally tried to not answer questions. Marr had to continually to tell him to answer the question. Johnson just tried to turn it on to Labour and brexit. What Johnson didn't like was when he started quoting facts and data about the conservatives last terms in government. Johnson states a lie. Marr quotes facts with official data and shows Johnson is talking BS.

I really don't think you will be able to change his mind with an accurate summary of that interview. He's too far gone......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just caught the end of the ITV debate tonight, Farage's closing statement said it was all too PC. Think he is really is a busted flush these days

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Facebook ban Tory add after BBC complaint.

The Tory’s had rejected the BBC complaint previously.

The Tories: Such a bunch of nasty lying ****s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here