• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just caught the end of the ITV debate tonight, Farage's closing statement said it was all too PC. Think he is really is a busted flush these days

I noticed that all the participants shook each others hands at the end..... except one.

Nigel just walked off. I ran it back a couple of times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As a committed remainer, I want Brexit 'done fast' because of the damage the continuous uncertainty is doing to business and our economy. Dragging out the 'will we, won't we' for longer will do more damage than the actual leaving.

Its not Get Brexit Done, its Get Britain Done

Tusk called it right, Brexit really will be the Real of the End of British Empire, and still Brexiters wrap themselves in the jack claiming to be so patriotic, bizarre...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From my Facebook feed tonight...

Joseph Goebbels "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it,

people will eventually come to believe it"

Capture.JPG

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Terrible interview by Marr who was more interested in delivering numerous pre-prepared attack lines than conducting a proper interview. Probably afraid of negative comparisons with A Neil and overcompensated badly.

In contrast, his interview with Chakrabati was calmer and balanced, she came across well making good points (being allowed to answer helped), although I wish her view that this issue shouldn't be politicised would be followed by the rest of the Labour Party (and their troll supporters online), Yvette Cooper being the first to jump on the bandwagon triggering predictable shithousery responses from the Tories. Corbyn, (the man who proudly boasts he has been opposing anti terror legislation since 1983) will be exploiting this issue further later today.

As a Tory activist, how's it going?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You're being pedantic - Thunder Bolt would know perfectly well that things from China are on sale in England, and vice versa, even though we have no trade deal. She was simply indulging, I guess, in mild hyperbole to make the point that trade is harder without a deal.

How on earth can you be certain what she was inferring?

I can only go on what she writes and not what she thinks or what you think she might be thinking and unable to convey even if she was, as you are saying, indulging in hyperbole.
If someone writes and asks how is it even possible to trade with someone without a trade deal i will tend to think their daft reasoning is up the wazoo.
The fact she only recently took umbrage with the whole WTO system, forgetting the EU are currently themselves a WTO interested party, and questioned why the decision makers at WTO level were not elected even though the WTO is a trade forum of representative decision makers of elected governments and vested trade bloc interests has not filled me with any confidence that she even has a basic clue about international trade.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hilarious that the usual Tory/Brexit supporters on here are wailing “don’t politicise it” now it’s coming to light that the Tory government are to blame for his early release.

Is this correct?
The crucial aspect from what I can gather from the ongoing spat is the relevance to the automatic release aspect without assessment from a parole board.
I was under the impression that Khan`s original sentence where he would have been subjected to a parole board review after his minimum term (8 years of 16)was quashed on appeal(in 2013) and he was now given(after appeal) a determinate sentence with automatic release on half (8 years) of his 16 year sentence and no parole board input to determine if he was still a threat. The Tories repealed the automatic release clause in law and changed it to parole board review after 2/3rds of sentence which was implemented in dec 2012, the judge in the appeal in 2013 though had to use the legislative guidelines toward determinate sentences at the time he committed the offence (2010) which was the labour legislation introduced in 2008 hence why he was able for automatic release on licence in 2018 without a parole board input.
Im starting to get the feeling successive governments for nearly two decades have simply failed to come to terms with the long term threat of these religious nutters and this is a collective failure we should all be angry about no matter what fence we perch on in the political spectrum.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From this morning's BBC summary of What The Papers Say:

In the Guardian, John Crace describes Mr Johnson as a man who can only "talk in staccato bursts of white noise - an incoherent stream of unconsciousness designed to run down the clock in any public appearance".

:clap2:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Well you know that if a decision is made to remain, then you can carry on trading under EU terms and regulations as at present, and for the foreseeable future, and have significant influence on those terms and regulations.

You also know that if the decision is leave, then the trading under EU terms and regulations is for a finite period which no one can tell you the length of, how much we will have to pay for this, or what will happen after this finishes. (And you will have no influence on those rules or regulations for that undefined period, whatever it may be).

I'm not sure I understand why you are paralysed, but if it is because you don't know the timescales and you are constantly worried about imminent 'no deals', then that will definitely continue over the next 10-50 years, as we wouldn't want to take 'no deal' off the table while we negotiate the Trade deal as apparently that would weaken our negotiating position.

That's what you know :thumbsup:

(And you have my sympathies. I'm glad I don't run businesses anymore under this current clusterf*** of a government).

I agree with your summary. The reason for the paralyses is that we (like many businesses I would assume) are doing deals now to deliver goods in a few months time. Until we the withdrawal agreement is in place, neither party knows what tariffs we are dealing with. We also have the problem of equivalence.
And thank you for your understanding!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree with your summary. The reason for the paralyses is that we (like many businesses I would assume) are doing deals now to deliver goods in a few months time. Until we the withdrawal agreement is in place, neither party knows what tariffs we are dealing with. We also have the problem of equivalence.
And thank you for your understanding!

The problem is that once the withdrawal agreement is in place, you get 11 months grace where you will know the tariffs before everything (including the threat of 'no deal') starts all over again, together with the negotiation of further extensions, on a regular basis for a significant number of years. So if you have lead times of a few months, that won't leave many months of knowing what tariffs you are dealing with, before we are back to square one. (Equivalence won't be a problem for years while the negotiation of a new Trade deal continues). And, although it doesn't help, a lot of businesses I know are in exactly the same situation as yourself.

I would have thought that immediate withdrawal of article 50, followed by 2nd referendum next year and a result of withdrawal of article 50 would have been the best result for anyone concerned about bringing any certainty for overseas business over the next 10 years.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Defending Johnson and his band of lying morons.
Wake up you idiot or have you enjoyed the unnecessary carnage to the most vulnerable and children over the past 9 years.
Blinkered fools like you make me want to puke.

He isn't blinkered or a fool. He is a relentless campaigner for the tories. Repeat the anti labour tropes enough times and you'll eventually push another goon into an anti-labour spasm, like the twerp last night.

He knows what he's doing. :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He isn't blinkered or a fool. He is a relentless campaigner for the tories. Repeat the anti labour tropes enough times and you'll eventually push another goon into an anti-labour spasm, like the twerp last night.

He knows what he's doing. :shrug:

Its got to the stage now where his policies are a side show as you just can't believe anything he says

If he gets elected we enter the post truth world, but he's wearing the right colour scarf so it doesn't matter

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Defending Johnson and his band of lying morons.
Wake up you idiot or have you enjoyed the unnecessary carnage to the most vulnerable and children over the past 9 years.
Blinkered fools like you make me want to puke.

What is really sickening is watching democracy being usurped by people like yourself who abuse and insult those who have temerity to hold an opinion different to your own.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its got to the stage now where his policies are a side show as you just can't believe anything he says

If he gets elected we enter the post truth world, but he's wearing the right colour scarf so it doesn't matter

I know.

Before the last election I urged people to vote anything but labour to get Corbyn out. I then spent the last several years bemoaning the state of labour under Corbyn, so the fact I now find myself prepared to vote labour (tactically in my constituency, I'll admit - the libdems are a poor third) tells its own story.

And I find those who relentless campaign for the tories on NSC, jumping from one trope to the next to be deplorable (to be fair, I can think of only one person who actually fits this bill - the Prancing Ninny - but he posts so frequently it sometimes seems like there is a legion of goons at work).

Funny old world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here