• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we get the politics we deserve. The electorate had the chance to ditch First Past The Post in 2011 and voted overwhelmingly to keep it. They whinged about Major, they whinged about Blair, they crucified Clegg - all sound centrist politicians. Now they bitch about extremist left wing Corbyn and right wing Johnson, yet are happy to vote Leave in the fantasy that was the 2016 EU Referendum. These morons continue to buy The Sun, Daily Mail, Express and believe the shite that gets spouted.

What really makes me sick is not the politicans but the shit for brains electorate who do nothing but whinge. The EU is well shot of us. We've become politically and culturally ignorant, and the country is f*cked as a result.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think we get the politics we deserve. The electorate had the chance to ditch First Past The Post in 2011 and voted overwhelmingly to keep it. They whinged about Major, they whinged about Blair, they crucified Clegg - all sound centrist politicians. Now they bitch about extremist left wing Corbyn and right wing Johnson, yet are happy to vote Leave in the fantasy that was the 2016 EU Referendum. These morons continue to buy The Sun, Daily Mail, Express and believe the shite that gets spouted.

What really makes me sick is not the politicans but the shit for brains electorate who do nothing but whinge. The EU is well shot of us. We've become politically and culturally ignorant, and the country is f*cked as a result.

We have a lot of very intelligent voters in both sides of the voting argument; however sadly, a lot of your post rings very true in relation to some of our Electorate

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

We have a lot of very intelligent voters in both sides of the voting argument; however sadly, a lot of your post rings very true in relation to some of our Electorate

Way back when I worked on an IT helpdesk I garnered the opinion (based on the type of calls I was getting) that roughly 70% of humanity was as thick as shit. Around 20 years later due to various life experiences I've had, I've since upped that estimate to around 90%. It's given me a very low opinion of Democracy as a system of government but I still keep going back to that Churchill quote about it being shit but still being better than all the others. However the current state of affairs has me thinking.....

images

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My concern is Johnson winning with 38% of the vote and claiming victory saying 'the people have spoken'. When, in fact, the people have said they don't want him.

Our political system is perverse.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If you say so, and can provide "proof" that is fine, though I don't believe he is any different to any other politician whose default position is also to lie. To an extent, I can sympathise with them, as every time they get something genuinely wrong they are pilloried by the press and asked to resign, so they resort to lying, hoping that the press will have moved on, once their lies have been exposed. Might we not also do the same?

Here's the evidence about Johnson..... https://boris-johnson-lies.com/ . ; it's well documented - but I take issue with you suggesting it's 'fine'

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Here's the evidence about Johnson..... https://boris-johnson-lies.com/ . ; it's well documented - but I take issue with you suggesting it's 'fine'

I'd be interested if any leavers on here dispute any of these lies. Is there a rival site for Corbyn and Swinson?

We've had PM's come and go, they have all lied to some extent. But never before on this kind of industrial scale. Still favourite is the Irish border

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/brexit-will-leave-the-irish-border-absolutely-unchanged

When the Tory Brexit hit reality there was only one solution A BORDER IN THE IRISH SEA

Quality rant, sadly all too true.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Blair was a classic example, widely regarded by the much of the UK as a hate figure, but he won 3 elections because that was Murdoch's instruction at the time

Most people have little knowledge of politics and easily groomed......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd be interested if any leavers on here dispute any of these lies. Is there a rival site for Corbyn and Swinson?

We've had PM's come and go, they have all lied to some extent. But never before on this kind of industrial scale. Still favourite is the Irish border

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/brexit-will-leave-the-irish-border-absolutely-unchanged

When the Tory Brexit hit reality there was only one solution A BORDER IN THE IRISH SEA

the site is using a very broad definition of lie, even with the byline inclusion of falsehoods and mis-information. its a funny one you highlight because it shows the bias of the site gets its wrong - its a claim that is true, there is no change to the free travel area (common travel area), concerned with people and not trade. in their attempt to find fault they missed the issue a customs border, missing the claim of it being "unchanged".

Jan 30, 2008

That's choice coming from a whinger :dunce:
Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not wasted if it keeps a Tory out - as in my constituency.

You will always get that 'anything but a Tory vote is a wasted vote' from old Tories in Mid Sussex. There are few positive reasons for their political preference so they resort to that tack as well as suggesting that 'all politicians are as bad as each other.... so why not vote for the Tory one'. Laughable.
Lazy thinking, lazy argument.........

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
the site is using a very broad definition of lie, even with the byline inclusion of falsehoods and mis-information. its a funny one you highlight because it shows the bias of the site gets its wrong - its a claim that is true, there is no change to the free travel area (common travel area), concerned with people and not trade. in their attempt to find fault they missed the issue a customs border, missing the claim of it being "unchanged".

You are right

They should have focussed on Boris's lie to the DUP conference instead, wanging on about the Union and how no British PM would ever draw a line in the Irish sea. Even now still pretends there will be no checks simultaneously contradicting Stephen Barclay

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Green Party have issued their manifesto and it includes votes for 16 year olds. I always thought that they were living in a world of fantasy and virtual crackpots, this proves it. How many 16 year olds are capable of offering a sensible realistic view but perhaps that is what The Green Party hope for, to get seats through ignorance.

When have you offered a sensible realistic view, on anything?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Green Party have issued their manifesto and it includes votes for 16 year olds. I always thought that they were living in a world of fantasy and virtual crackpots, this proves it. How many 16 year olds are capable of offering a sensible realistic view but perhaps that is what The Green Party hope for, to get seats through ignorance.
And yet if 16 year olds were all cheering for your hero Johnson, you'd be all for giving them the vote [emoji38]ol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh and labour under Corbyn: investigated for racist behaviour within the party the first time ever for a major political party. . Numerous public figures have accused Corbyn of being anti Jewish. The CBI have said a Labour Party win would be a disaster for our economy. Numerous well known business leaders have warned of Corbyn’s spend spend plans would bankrupt our country. Numerous well known people have warned of Corbyn relationships with enemies of our country, and his support of terror groups. The list goes on and on and on.

For the first time ever, I can honestly say the Tory party is a bigger risk to the UK economy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here