Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Most people who vote are not fully informed, or worse who are misinformed, who will take one piece of (dis)information and vote on that, or vote for someone who is portrayed as a strong who will "get things done". My brother is in Haywards Heath and he posted this on Facebook the other day:

"A little insight into living in Mid-Sussex during an election campaign. Last night, in the pub.
Some young people discussing the election, which I think is a good thing. A young lady says 'I really hate Corbyn'. Why so?' I ask.' 'He is full of sh*t' 'How so?' 'He promised a load of money for the NHS, if we voted Brexit, and that was found to be bullsh*t'. I don't think that was Corbyn' was my reply. 'It was. He put it on the side of busses'. the young lady told me. 'Wasn't that Boris?' I asked. Her friends came to her aid, telling me ' Boris wouldn't do that, Boris is the good guy, Corbyn is the bad man. Finding myself in a minority of one, I thanked them for their insight, and withdrew. I went home to cook a Yellowfin Tuna steak, medium rare, and contemplate the wonders of Democratic Britain. At least the last time I found myself in a minority, it was a minority of 48%. Good night my friends, goodnight."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why anyone can vote for the current rabble of dishonest Conservatives is beyond me.

Yet so many feel it is OK to endorse this type of politics, starting to wonder if we are any better than the US now?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Corbyn needed to win that debate last night to get some momentum in his campaign. At the very best he edged it, but it was probably 50/50. Labour fans on social media seem convinced that the direction of polls will be a repeat of the 2017 campaign with Labour closing the gap. Reality is that the 2017 election was Corbyn’s honeymoon period and that all those believing that Labour are going to make any impact on a 10% gap this time are deluded and will be severely disappointed on Dec 13th.

I’m resigned to another 5 years of the tories. Realistically the best thing that can come from this GE is a few high profile tories losing their seats and, hopefully, the Labour membership electing a credible centre-left leader that can mount a realistic challenge in 5 years.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The thought of any world leader taking him seriously is a tad concerning.

PRI_98554777-e1574195583463.jpg _102646067_eric_morecambe2_bbc.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Genuinely excited and looking forward to finding out how much my free broadband will cost when the details come out later this week.

About 4 times the cost to the treasury as the fee costing broadband the Tories are subsidising and will continue to subsidise. However, with large internet based businesses reaping a benefit of a fully fibre network in the UK, they will be paying an increased tax which will cover all of it. No doubt the Tories will sell it off in the future, below value again, and sell themselves as the fiscally responsible party in the process

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
For the first time ever, I can honestly say the Tory party is a bigger risk to the UK economy.

The only good thing is if Boris wins I think there will be a brief rally in sterling and the stock market, perhaps a good time to get money out of the UK and find a safe haven.

After that the risk / reward going forward won't add up.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
About 4 times the cost to the treasury as the fee costing broadband the Tories are subsidising and will continue to subsidise. However, with large internet based businesses reaping a benefit of a fully fibre network in the UK, they will be paying an increased tax which will cover all of it. No doubt the Tories will sell it off in the future, below value again, and sell themselves as the fiscally responsible party in the process

Thanks for the response, and the details.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My concern is Johnson winning with 38% of the vote and claiming victory saying 'the people have spoken'. When, in fact, the people have said they don't want him.

Our political system is perverse.

Or Corbyn forming a minority Govt. based on getting 30-34% of the vote?

Agree about our political system.

PR the way forward? Maybe, but we could end up like Italy with an election every 6 months....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or Corbyn forming a minority Govt. based on getting 30-34% of the vote?

Agree about our political system.

PR the way forward? Maybe, but we could end up like Italy with an election every 6 months....

Most states operate on a PR system of sorts. Italy is just a political basket case.

Corbyn couldn't form a minority government. He would need to collect 50%+1 So would probably need the Lib Dems and Greens onside. That would be a majority government based on the votes of the electorate.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who won? Who laughed at who? Who....cares?
IMHO Corbyn nudges in simply because he’s the most realistic option to oust Johnson and the terrible Tory’s. Which, needs to be done. However, through fault or not he has allowed a very wimpy perception of him to be cultivated. It cuts no mustard to limply say “no, I’m not how they paint me”. He appears weak in a time when we need a strong, honest leader. I personally like him, he gets it. He just doesn’t have the stones to portray that in an age when truth has taken a back seat and perception is everything.

It is amazing though at a time when we apparently want less confrontational politics, Corbyn is criticised for not landing a killer blow, why didn't he mention Johnson's illegitimate children, or the Acurri case etc. maybe because he refrains from personal attacks, has a bit of integrity, and really wants to talk about his policies. Johnson tried to point score at every turn. He wasn't interested in talking about his policies, it was Brexit and a lot of bluster.

As for the Conservative Party changing their twitter name to FactCheck, how does any working person honestly vote for such a contemptible shower of self-interested deceitful rabble? They've got your interests at heart, do me a favour.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As for the Conservative Party changing their twitter name to FactCheck, how does any working person honestly vote for such a contemptible shower of self-interested deceitful rabble? They've got your interests at heart, do me a favour.

Like Trump, they’ve cottoned on to the fact that a huge percentage of the electorate are a bit thick and naive and will believe anything someone tells them if they have a posh voice or it comes from a Twitter account with a blue tick. Stuff like that will gain them far more votes than it will lose.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Like Trump, they’ve cottoned on to the fact that a huge percentage of the electorate are a bit thick and naive and will believe anything someone tells them if they have a posh voice or it comes from a Twitter account with a blue tick. Stuff like that will gain them far more votes than it will lose.

Sadly completely true.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Because he wear glasses?

What are you, four years old?

What a pathetic effort - most especially when your chosen alternative regularly presents himself as an absolute shambles of a man.

And there was me thinking you were bright.

Nothing to do with wearing spectacles, just how you wear them in a TV debate where image is, as experts will tell, quite an important ingredient.

Never mind.

3/10.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nothing to do with wearing spectacles, just how you wear them in a TV debate where image is, as experts will tell, quite an important ingredient.

Never mind.

3/10.

I didn't catch any of it, I'm afraid. But, I'll assume that Corbyn did very well, if 'how he wore his glasses' is the best you've got.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Never mind.

3/10.

:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here