• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't catch any of it, I'm afraid. But, I'll assume that Corbyn did very well, if 'how he wore his glasses' is the best you've got.

Unfortunately there are lots of utter ****wits who would happily plunge the U.K. into economic chaos and allow the Tory party to continue robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, simply because JC’s spectacles were slightly askew.
This country is populated by Brexit voting, Tory loving, daily mail reading *****.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I didn't catch any of it, I'm afraid. But, I'll assume that Corbyn did very well, if 'how he wore his glasses' is the best you've got.

the performance of the glasses was about the most noteworthy from the dull event.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course he isn't with an election looming - he will delay further nationalisations until he gets into power.

So you genuinely think he is going to nationalise your car?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Give him time, not suprised by any crackpot ideas coming from labour chasing votes. Caught a few here I see money for nothing brigaders

So you genuinely think there is a chance that Corbyn will nationalise your house?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
And there was me thinking you were bright.

Nothing to do with wearing spectacles, just how you wear them in a TV debate where image is, as experts will tell, quite an important ingredient.

Never mind.

3/10.

Style is more important than substance eh?

Never mind

1/10

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So you genuinely think there is a chance that Corbyn will nationalise your house?
wasn't there are policy for compulsory purchase of property left un-occupied for more than 6mths?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
the site is using a very broad definition of lie, even with the byline inclusion of falsehoods and mis-information. its a funny one you highlight because it shows the bias of the site gets its wrong - its a claim that is true, there is no change to the free travel area (common travel area), concerned with people and not trade. in their attempt to find fault they missed the issue a customs border, missing the claim of it being "unchanged".

It was probably created by a rabid left winger.

Oh.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m a bit despondent this morning, one of my wife’s oldest friends, was on Facebook last night saying that her daughter had told her to vote Tory.
The daughter is an air hostess and had met Johnson a couple of times on flights, and found him nice and very funny.
The whole family is now voting Tory based on this alone. They don’t usually vote, and have no real interest in politics.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I’m a bit despondent this morning, one of my wife’s oldest friends, was on Facebook last night saying that her daughter had told her to vote Tory.
The daughter is an air hostess and had met Johnson a couple of times on flights, and found him nice and very funny.
The whole family is now voting Tory based on this alone. They don’t usually vote, and have no real interest in politics.

Is it wrong that I have surmised the daughter's attractiveness from this comment?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Style is more important than substance eh?

Never mind

1/10

If they can't attack the policies, they go for the personal things. It's what happens when they get scared.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm scared I admit it. A man proposing to lead the country will not confirm his attitude to Brexit.

...he has said he would put it to the people. Isn't that enough?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm scared I admit it. A man proposing to lead the country will not confirm his attitude to Brexit.
I agree, it is an absolute folly not to have a coherent Brexit policy that Corbyn could fall behind, and he is very much paying the price. It doesn't satisfy his northern gammon traditional support and it doesn't satisfy remain minded people either. It's a pointless vote-losing fudge. At the very least he should have said he was going to negotiate a Brexit based on staying in the customs union, and then campaign for that "in line with the original vote" or something. He'd get a lot more respect for that.

That said, here is a question I'd like answered by Boris Johnson, but I very much doubt we'd ever get an answer, and if we did he'd clearly lie anyway:

So Johnson, if you get to form a minority government again - will you quickly try and get a deal through that you know would be palatable to, say 60-70% of parliament thereby ensuring no further delay, or would you continue to pursue a hard or no deal Brexit and then blame absolutely everybody else when you can't get it through parliament again?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

And there you have it.

I'm not normally in agreement with Ricky Gervais but leave the "don't drink" labels off bleach for 5 years and let's hope for a more intelligent electorate next time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He loves Jo Swinson, they dont come any more extremist than that Women
Regards
DF

Feel free to bounce all of the posts I've made, showing support of Jo Swinson. I wouldn't waste too much of your valuable time, looking for them, though - I know you're a busy man.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree, it is an absolute folly not to have a coherent Brexit policy that Corbyn could fall behind, and he is very much paying the price. It doesn't satisfy his northern gammon traditional support and it doesn't satisfy remain minded people either. It's a pointless vote-losing fudge.

The first referendum was a fudge, Brexit is a fudge. Politics cannot be run across a 52-48 division. He is paying the price, but Labour's policy is a way of resolving the impasse. As a remainer myself, I don't want to just see Brexit cancelled on a vote ignored. Even though that is what I ultimately want, it is not a satisfactorily democratic solution.

Both deals negotiated by the Tories have been unsatisfactory, both to hardliners and those wanting a soft exit. The only course that would prevent any kind of border is a customs union exit that Labour has proposed since 2017. I actually think it is reasonable for Labour to negotiate a soft exit then put it to the people and we decide if Brexit is what we want. If in the unlikely event Labour do somehow win, then that is a democratic endorsement for a soft deal negotiation and the people decide whether after all we have seen we still want out or to remain in.

People might not like it, want a binary position from Corbyn, but actually it is the only position that could genuinely ensure that if we do leave, it is endorsed, if we stay it went back to the people.

Even as a remainer, I couldn't vote Lib Dem because I cannot see the country moving forward ignoring the referendum. I couldn't vote Tory, well, for a list too long to type out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here