• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
About the debate yes. As a human being and politician Johnson is a serial liar and everyone knows this. Objectively as someone who definitely won't vote Tory and probably won't vote Labour I thought Corbyn won the debate. I wouldn't have said it was a disaster for Johnson though who came through more or less unscathed which is all he needs to do.

Ok -you are trying to steer a more objective line, but I would question how you know that everybody knows he is a serial liar, if indeed he is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“On his decision to postpone a planned fall in UK corporation tax from 19% to 17%, Mr Johnson claimed it was “already the lowest in Europe”.

But Ireland, for example, has a rate of 12.5%, according to statistics from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).” BBC

It’s not as simple as that. The UK may have a single CT rate just now, but many of our European competitors have a low rate to attract ‘ethical’ companies such as Starbucks, Apple, Dell and Amazon, and a far higher CT rate for their wholly domestic companies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok -you are trying to steer a more objective line, but I would question how you know that everybody knows he is a serial liar, if indeed he is.

He has been publicly sacked for lying, twice.
He lied to a father in a hospital corridor, by saying there was no press there, in front of the press.

There is evidence galore of things he said a couple of years ago, and now says the complete opposite.

'if indeed he is' I don't understand how you can even start to question it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*falls over in surprise*

ea61d1944b64b513faf6855e197b85da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With Broadband and TV etc why is Virgin not available in Haywards Heath it is not as if it is out in the wilds.

Have they spent months digging up every single pavement in town yet ? Can’t get Virgin without the cables to supply it. If not, you’ll know when they do. Spent the best part of a year doing so in Burgess Hill.

Once they’d finished we got a complete bombardment of post, leaflets and salesman for weeks offering deals. Good thing was until it was installed it was difficult to get a new deal with Sky because they knew there was no alternative- as soon as the Virgin blitz started I got a big discount on my Sky deal.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He lied to a father in a hospital corridor, by saying there was no press there, in front of the press.

There is evidence galore of things he said a couple of years ago, and now says the complete opposite.

He said he'd die in a ditch. He said he wouldn't prorogue parliament. He said we would leave on the 31st over 40 times publicly. He is a pathological liar at best. Hastings Gull is a WUM at best.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

If you say so, and can provide "proof" that is fine, though I don't believe he is any different to any other politician whose default position is also to lie. To an extent, I can sympathise with them, as every time they get something genuinely wrong they are pilloried by the press and asked to resign, so they resort to lying, hoping that the press will have moved on, once their lies have been exposed. Might we not also do the same?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I shall be voting Lib Dem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He said he'd die in a ditch. He said he wouldn't prorogue parliament. He said we would leave on the 31st over 40 times publicly. He is a pathological liar at best. Hastings Gull is a WUM at best.

You're right. I shouldn't have risen to the bait.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It was the only one your statement merited. Venezuela is fairly unique. What about the more successful progressive policies in the Nordics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. They started by spending billions, and then found out they were broke. Ring any bells? it should do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here