• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's ingrained in the Tory psyche these days, remember the sniggers and laughter about Corbyn's Green tie at PMQ's on the day of the release of the first stage of the Grenfell Enquiry ? Only Theresa May realised the significance and had to try to shut them up.

May, Rudd, Caulfield, Kyle (in no way extreme), to name just four have faced a torrent of personal abuse from the left, sometimes vandalism and physical threats.

The UK has become nasty at both political extremes. You might be able to debate without getting personal or wanting to attack an opponent, but others won’t stop there.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
How could anyone trust a government or prime minister that feels the need to do this ?

[tweet]1196889732841713669[/tweet]

I noticed that, the Tories have absolutely sunk to the bottom with their online shenanigans and fully embracing the fake news MO so far in this campaign. I don't know if their lack of subtlety shows them up as out of touch or just simply not giving a shit what people see them doing, which is pretty scary tbh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes rude people on one both sides but some people were so anti-Corbyn that they heckled his concern for the worlds poorest. Unbelievable.

They were heckling their enemy, not the world’s poor. Every time Johnson spoke, scum shouted out and laughed.

Really, what was the point of the two mobs? That’s not democracy, instead; premeditated attempts to derail Johnson or Corbyn, whilst over the top wild applause every time their heroes opened their gobs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Several times during the evening the audience were laughing at him.

Johnson was all about sweeping statements and getting Brexit done, whilst Corbyn drilled down and pressed buttons - the plight of the homeless, teachers collecting money for their schools, 4 million on NHS waiting lists, the lie of Boris's 40 new hospitals, even finding time for an anecdote about the woman with secondary breast cancer.

It's the detail that resonates with people during election campaigns. Johnson has fallen into May's trap of endlessly repeating a mantra, swapping "strong and stable" with "get Brexit done."

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
27AB9168-C5D4-4E8C-B61E-ACE2FFF7F006.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I noticed that, the Tories have absolutely sunk to the bottom with their online shenanigans and fully embracing the fake news MO so far in this campaign. I don't know if their lack of subtlety shows them up as out of touch or just simply not giving a shit what people know about them, which is pretty scary tbh.

The people who openly lie to us and take the piss, treating us like shit. And people STILL vote for them.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Johnson was all about sweeping statements and getting Brexit done, whilst Corbyn drilled down and pressed buttons - the plight of the homeless, teachers collecting money for their schools, 4 million on NHS waiting lists, the lie of Boris's 40 new hospitals, even finding time for an anecdote about the woman with secondary breast cancer.

It's the detail that resonates with people during election campaigns. Johnson has fallen into May's trap of endlessly repeating a mantra, swapping "strong and stable" with "get Brexit done."

No, its more about trust and people don't trust Corbin. He'll find that out in a few weeks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Several times during the evening the audience were laughing at him.

See post#2930 ….. It's the done thing to jeer people who care for those worst off in society.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes rude people on one both sides but some people were so anti-Corbyn that they heckled his concern for the worlds poorest. Unbelievable.

I think that would have done more damage than anything Johnson or Corbyn said tonight.

The likes of the Sun & Express have their perfect headline tomorrow - ‘Prince Andrew irreproachable claims Party Leader’ ......royal nonce given the approval from out of touch ......blah blah blah. Sadly, supporting Boris trumps royal bashing and that clanger won’t get a mention. Maybe the Mirror will pick up on it?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I noticed that, the Tories have absolutely sunk to the bottom with their online shenanigans and fully embracing the fake news MO so far in this campaign. I don't know if their lack of subtlety shows them up as out of touch or just simply not giving a shit what people see them doing, which is pretty scary tbh.

It worked for the leave campaign. Cummings is doing what he does best. He thinks we’re all pig shit thick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here