• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm surprised your doctor had time to discuss politics with you when appointments are limited to 10 minutes each time. I wouldn't waste my doctors time when people need to see them.
I seriously doubt you've had such a conversation.

Whatever you say. It is possible to have GPs as acquaintances too. Not too difficult a concept, but whatever you say. :thumbsup:

#headinsandcopypastetwitter

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whatever you say. It is possible to have GPs as acquaintances too. Not too difficult a concept, but whatever you say. :thumbsup:

#headinsandcopypastetwitter

I have a close friend who is a doctor, not even an acquaintance. Are we playing Top Trumps?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Well, I thought today being International Mens Day made it priti special...and then the #Aaronbanksleaks happened

Question is - will it be covered by press and TV or are they going to try and pretend it isn't happening - what do people think?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Labour want to to dictate company share ownership and composition of stock market index. everything will be state controlled if McDonnell has his way. i'm sure many are unconcerned or even may think this is good, but this is nascent communist planned economy.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Odd that, my GP is bluer than a sapphire in a Leicester City kit at a Blue gig but hey-ho.

Says he despairs if Labour got hold of it.

Just for balance like.

GPs are not really NHS workers though. They have nicely paid small businesses to think about, its no wonder a few of them are ´blue´. The vast majority of healthcare professionals, who work in hospital or community based practice, on the other hand...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well, I thought today being International Mens Day made it priti special...and then the #Aaronbanksleaks happened

Question is - will it be covered by press and TV or are they going to try and pretend it isn't happening - what do people think?

its on BBC front page. expect they'll be very careful what info from the leaks they will publish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:rolleyes:

[tweet]1196694356058611712[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Labour want to to dictate company share ownership and composition of stock market index. everything will be state controlled if McDonnell has his way. i'm sure many are unconcerned or even may think this is good, but this is nascent communist planned economy.

Oh do give over. The constant chucking about of 'communist' and 'marxist' is akin to suggesting that the Tory party are all paid-up nazis.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Oh do give over. The constant chucking about of 'communist' and 'marxist' is akin to suggesting that the Tory party are all paid-up nazis.

"Marxism says society's classes are the cause of struggle and society should have no classes. It also recommends replacing private ownership with co-operative ownership".

Could easily replace Marxism with Corbynism could you not ??

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Marxism says society's classes are the cause of struggle and society should have no classes. It also recommends replacing private ownership with co-operative ownership".

When has Corbyn intimated he wants to ban private ownership of anything? He wants to nationalise / renationalise some utilities and transport options, but he's not saying he's nationalising your car / house / beer / season ticket.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Odd that, my GP is bluer than a sapphire in a Leicester City kit at a Blue gig but hey-ho.

Says he despairs if Labour got hold of it.

Just for balance like.

GP's have always been a privatised part of the NHS, they (the practice) get paid according to the number of patients they have (whether they see them or not), and on a number of other targets.

He obviously fears the gravy train ending.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1196685691964534785[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1196686059670843392[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1196686530447847426[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1196686806621790208[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1196687298009677824[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1196687659323809792[/TWEET]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We'll have to wait and see the detail, but the policy is that companies with 250 or more staff place 10% of their shares into a fund where the workforce share the dividends from that fund. It isn't actually a proposed change of ownership of those shares. The implication is the company still retains ownership, but is obliged to commit them to a fund. So not Marxism then afterall.

This already happens in other countries like Germany (it is not a revolutionary idea) and far from stifling growth or investment, it has been found to encourage longer term thinking, motivates workers increasing productivity, and in turn attracts investment into companies with stable invested workforces.

Or rather than an evidence and research based approach, you could just irrationally say 'Marxism or Communism'. Up to you really.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We'll have to wait and see the detail, but the policy is that companies with 250 or more staff place 10% of their shares into a fund where the workforce share the dividends from that fund. It isn't actually a proposed change of ownership of those shares. The implication is the company still retains ownership, but is obliged to commit them to a fund. So not Marxism then afterall.

This already happens in other countries like Germany (it is not a revolutionary idea) and far from stifling growth or investment, it has been found to encourage longer term thinking, motivates workers increasing productivity, and in turn attracts investment into companies with stable invested workforces.

Or rather than an evidence and research based approach, you could just irrationally say 'Marxism or Communism'. Up to you really.

There are substantial differences between McDonnell's proposals and the Employee Share Ownership Schemes that many companies already run. Not least of all, under McDonnell's plan, divis to employees are limited to £500 with the rest going to the Treasury! It is basically a revenue raising exercise.
Do some research and you will see that his plan isn' t that brilliant ..........even the Guardian had a pop!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here