• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not sure on the rules of this game, but you only need to remember that this a Tory Party described as:

'Hard right' by a former Chancellor and Foreign Secretary of it.
'Islamophobic' by a former party chair.
'English nationalist' by an outgoing Welsh Tory MP.
That's seemingly prepared to pursue at best a hard Brexit or at worse the lunatic fantasy of a no deal one again in a year's time with all the economic, diplomatic, societal and reputational fall out that entails.
That has a leader and central policy endorsed by Nigel Farage.
That has a leader endorsed by Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.
That has a leader who has his name chanted on the streets of London by the far right.

Since you clearly want to abide by the rules, then you are of course consistent, aren't you? You are happy to accept that others' views must be the truth, above, so of course you also believe that Corbyn must be a communist and extremist, and an anti-Semite, of which he has been accused by others. Fair enough by your logic.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The Green Party have issued their manifesto and it includes votes for 16 year olds. I always thought that they were living in a world of fantasy and virtual crackpots, this proves it. How many 16 year olds are capable of offering a sensible realistic view but perhaps that is what The Green Party hope for, to get seats through ignorance.

It is pure cynicism on their part - they hope for grubby votes this way. Whilst I have encountered some very erudite and thinking 16 year olds over the years, most would not be able to offer a sensible contribution to complex problems facing society.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I'm not sure on the rules of this game, but you only need to remember that this a Tory Party described as:

'Hard right' by a former Chancellor and Foreign Secretary of it.
'Islamophobic' by a former party chair.
'English nationalist' by an outgoing Welsh Tory MP.
That's seemingly prepared to pursue at best a hard Brexit or at worse the lunatic fantasy of a no deal one again in a year's time with all the economic, diplomatic, societal and reputational fall out that entails.
That has a leader and central policy endorsed by Nigel Farage.
That has a leader endorsed by Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.
That has a leader who has his name chanted on the streets of London by the far right.

Oh and labour under Corbyn: investigated for racist behaviour within the party the first time ever for a major political party. . Numerous public figures have accused Corbyn of being anti Jewish. The CBI have said a Labour Party win would be a disaster for our economy. Numerous well known business leaders have warned of Corbyn’s spend spend plans would bankrupt our country. Numerous well known people have warned of Corbyn relationships with enemies of our country, and his support of terror groups. The list goes on and on and on.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Since you clearly want to abide by the rules, then you are of course consistent, aren't you? You are happy to accept that others' views must be the truth, above, so of course you also believe that Corbyn must be a communist and extremist, and an anti-Semite, of which he has been accused by others. Fair enough by your logic.

As I said in the first nine words of the post you're replying to, which you were clearly unable to understand, I don't know the rules of the 'Corbyn hysteria' game. Perhaps you could explain them?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh and labour under Corbyn: investigated for racist behaviour within the party. Numerous public figures have accused Corbyn of being anti Jewish. The CBI have said a Labour Party win would be a disaster for our economy. Numerous well known business leaders have warned of Corbyn’s spend spend plans would bankrupt our country. Numerous well known people have warned of Corbyn relationships with enemies of our country, and his support of terror groups. The list goes on and on and on.

You really should have mentioned all that before on here. :rolleyes:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You really should have mentioned all that before on here. :rolleyes:

The point I’m making is that however bad you think a conservative win would be for our country, amplify that by x 10 if Corbyn were heaven forbid to get into power. That view is shared by most business people and economic experts. That is aside from his support for various terrorist groups and his obvious dislike of Jewish people for no reason as well as anyone who works hard for their families to provide for them. Hard work and enterprise is not something he is interested in promoting. He is a Terrible role model.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The point I’m making is that however bad you think a conservative win would be for our country, amplify that by x 10 if Corbyn were heaven forbid to get into power. That view is shared by most business people and economic experts. That is aside from his support for various terrorist groups and his obvious dislike of Jewish people for no reason as well as anyone who works hard for their families to provide for them. Hard work and enterprise is not something he is interested in promoting. He is a Terrible role model.

:yawn:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I voted Remain purely on environmental grounds last time, the EU has been very positive in this regard.
Greens are out though due to allowing 16 year olds to vote.
However, I do agree with a post above that Italy, Spain ,Greece, Portugal will drag the EU down with excessive borrowing/bail outs and at some point it will disintegrate. I don't want to support retired 50 y.o Greek hairdressers chill out for their next 30 years while I work til I'm 75.
I don't dislike immigration but I do dislike the change in Britishness that has come about over recent decades.
I do believe Brexit, if it happens, will mean a tumultuous 20 years before real positives can be seen and I'm unsure, on a purely selfish level, whether I can stomach that 20 years.
I believe austerity has not worked and needs to end.
I am happy to pay more taxes I really am, but not to excessive levels.
I am not a fan of Unions having had to put with Brighton bin men and heard first hand what I believe are genuine stories of Union behaviour in Royal Mail.
Rees Mogg and Boris seem awful, untrustworthy toffs and have no concern for the real working classes.
Corbyn and McDonnell seem awful, untrustworthy looney left.

I'd like to vote but at the moment at a complete loss.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It is pure cynicism on their part - they hope for grubby votes this way. Whilst I have encountered some very erudite and thinking 16 year olds over the years, most would not be able to offer a sensible contribution to complex problems facing society.

But BG. Your posts on here prove that you have no sensible realistic view. You are still allowed to vote.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Isn't this just project fear?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As I said in the first nine words of the post you're replying to, which you were clearly unable to understand, I don't know the rules of the 'Corbyn hysteria' game. Perhaps you could explain them?

He's not very good, even his own side don't like him and he is a puppet of the unions at their beck and call. All adds up yo bankruptcy 2

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
When has Corbyn intimated he wants to ban private ownership of anything? He wants to nationalise / renationalise some utilities and transport options, but he's not saying he's nationalising your car / house / beer / season ticket.

Give him time, not suprised by any crackpot ideas coming from labour chasing votes. Caught a few here I see money for nothing brigaders

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

After the amount of time and money Dom has spent on this Conservative and Unionist party Broadcast, I do want to make sure it's seen by it's target audience.

It has obviously been pitched with a certain level of detail and information to ensure it hits it's target so, just to make sure all that money and effort isn't wasted. (And I get accused of taking the piss out of Leave voters :lolol:)

[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] [MENTION=24109]Lower West Stander[/MENTION] [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]

(I'm sure I've left people out but I'm quite busy and can't spend all day on here :wink:)

Seen it much better than the lib dem cant accept a vote party and the Labour let's bankrupt the country again party. Which one do you support

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
How many lies will Boris tell tonight? Will they pull him up on it? I doubt it as the media would prefer a Johnson parliament than a Corbin one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here