• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone genuinely believe the election promises being made by any party would actually come to pass in the guise presented?

Shysters and liars, all of them...imo
As have said before, it doesn't half feel like 'we' are going to get screwed either way, so it boils down to:-

Do you want to get screwed

A) Honestly because they've given up the pretence.

or

II) Because they were well meaning but fundamentally flawed by an inability to lead.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good for you.

Presumably when the Tory canvassers turn up, you’ll be demanding to know why they’ve delivered zero of the 200,000 new homes they promised to build in 2015, where the 5,000 new GPs have got to that they promised in 2017 and asking to see the as yet unpublished coatings of their 2019 manifesto promises? :shrug:

Nope I'm telling them they have my vote. Better them than twisted losers

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Those that think having ‘free’ government run internet as a positive...

http://twitter.com/jgrahamc/status/1196499414627627010

As often the case on NSC a really good, pertinant point lost in the general argument soup. Yes, it will be difficult to roll out broadband cost effectively everywhere. Yes, it's a policy that hasn't been costed correctly. But, also yes, closing the "information poverty gap" is important.

Not if it means state censorship of the internet though. I'd rather vote Farage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was he trolling? Does the Guarding like or dislike Corbyn?

That's my reading of his 'support' for labour.....could be wrong but that's how it seems to me :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As have said before, it doesn't half feel like 'we' are going to get screwed either way, so it boils down to:-

Do you want to get screwed

A) Honestly because they've given up the pretence.

or

II) Because they were well meaning but fundamentally flawed by an inability to lead.

I think it boils down to I) " We are going to spaff loads of cash on the NHS, police and education to try to make up for the ruining of the NHS, police and education by our previous cuts "

Or II) "We think the very rich and big businesses should pay a little bit more tax and pay their workers more so the country is better for 98% of people "

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I'm asking does anyone really change their vote after reading an election leaflet. The Government sent a pro remain leaflet to every household (and spent £9m of taxpayers money) before the referendum .... that turned out well.

Let's not forget the £100m spent by the current government on 'get ready for Brexit' advertising.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Voters tend to vote individually rather than as a family. I know for certain if a tory leaflet was dropped through the door I would put it straight in the recycling without checking if my wife wanted to read it first. The greens are probably quite heavily targeting young voters who don't have 'control' of the generic household post.

Is that because you know her views or just don't let her have a different opinion to you ? :wink::wink:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Had a dream last night that Labour won, Lib Dems second, with Tories only getting 66 seats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those who will vote Labour or Conservative nomatterwhat already know what they think of Corbyn and Johnson's performance in tonight's debate, so to save everyone some time, can you share those views with us today if you have a couple of spare minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here