Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm just watching the Conservative Party Broadcast. It's very detailed and explains the issues so fully and completely. I wonder who it's aimed at :facepalm:

And I'm the one accused of taking the piss.

FFS the interviewer is more working class than me :lolol:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On this very rare occasion I raise an eyebrow at one of your posts ???....yes, I'm sure there are (***** on here), but the people I chat with on here who support the tories are nice and decent. Is there a resolution to this conundrum?

Hang on.....ah yes. Got it. I have about 20 people on ignore. A tiny number. I presume they are noisy and relentless :lolol: :thumbsup:

Wise words as always HWt and I can only profoundly and profusely apologise. I'm afraid I was very, very well lunched yesterday and by early evening I do believe I may even have been distinctly tired and emotional.

MoS nearly always rolls in drunk on a Sunday afternoon so we know why he gets abusive, what's your excuse?

Comic Genius, Genius. That actually did make me chuckle though, so well done and thank you. :lolol: :bowdown:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Has there ever been any data that shows pushing generally misleading party propaganda through letterboxes has a positive effect? Obviously, I hope the heroes prevail over the undemocratic loons in your constituency but I do wish the Lib unDems well in Labour/Tory marginals across the country.... let's hope they have a significant impact.

PM Boris reluctantly called an election so this zombie parliament could face the verdict of the people after failing so miserably to deliver on their promises and manifesto commitments to enact Brexit .... rightly so. Also, this General Election will more accurately reflect Brexit views than a 2nd referendum where the only choices will be Remain or a super soft Labour Brexit that virtually no one will support or campaign for.

As I would rather see dogsh*t on my doormat rather than a Lib undem or Labour leaflet and assume Lib/Lab voters probably think the same about Tory leaflets I think jeering (winding up undemocratic loons and corbynistas) is a more worthwhile activity.

You can’t be undemocratic for standing on a manifesto for a future election where the whole country gets to vote. :shrug: it’s not difficult, it’s our democracy. Simple GCSE stuff. Vote Liberal, uphold Democracy. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I had to laugh today.

There was a time when the Tory party wanted to get rid of short-termism: 5-year fixed term parliaments and announcing tax changes years in advance. And so in 2016 George Osborne announced corporation tax rates for the next 5 years - a stepped decrease from 20% to 17%.

Then, just 4 1/2 months before the start of the new tax year - and 24 hours away from a live TV debate with Corbyn - Boris bins the 17% rate in favour of preserving the 19% rate, thereby generating £6 bilion "for the NHS". This is the same Boris that was elected Tory leader on a ticket of cutting taxes.

In one knee-jerk reaction he has ripped up a decade of Tory Chancellor's business tax policy. It's worth remembering Philip Hammond was keen to keep the 17% rate to mitigate against a flight of business from the UK following Brexit, something that could well happen and is all the more likely to happen now Boris is at the wheel.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Corbyn reminds me of our student union leaders in London over 40 years ago. If the vote looked like it wasn't going their way they'd try to amend it by invoking some obscure regulation and if that didn't work they'd declare the meeting inquorate. I've also seen them calling 'time overrun' when awkward questions were being asked (for example, what happened to the money raised for the Sandinistas?*)

*It was spent on drugs

Funny, the student union president thing. At my first uni, the guy wore the typical Arafat neck scarf to help woo the votes and made the right noises, then spent the rest of his two year tenure chasing totty. Don’t blame the guy; far more interesting for a hot bloodied 20 year old, than spending those opportune years talking about the coal miners.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was he trolling? Does the Guarding like or dislike Corbyn?

They're not his biggest fans as a rule. Of course you get the odd pro-Corbyn commentator.

Yep, this, as I posted this morning in my round up of where the papers are. Guardian readers are mostly Green or Lib Dem remainers. They do socially liberal with a conscience to the Metropolitan masses. If there was a decent centre-left leader of Labour then it's Guardian readers who would turn, not Sun readers. That doesn't mean there aren't the odd teacher, social worker, NHS staff, students and university workers who are pro-Corbyn and read it. But the traditional left wing support - unionised labour - reads the Mirror.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Laura Keunsberg showing her bias on Twitter as per

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's subtle and insidious with her.

It isn't necessarily what she does report but what she doesn't. The challenge on Corbyn on anti-semitism that is one of her only tweets (as opposed to RTs) today is a perfectly valid challenge but there is absoutely nothing about Islamophobia in the Tory party. Don't tell me that's not coming up (if it isn't it's because there is no inquiry despite Cleverly promising one). Then there's an RT about Bercow who is RETIRING not doing an interview but nothing about why BoJo as sitting PM won't go on the Today programme when he's the sittiing PM!

It's not what she says but what she leaves out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No, but it keeps the withholding of the Russian electoral report and Jennifer Arcuri OFF the front pages. …… I heard an interesting analogy on the radio this morning. Just suppose that Diane Abbott had been having a covert relationship with an American businessman who just happened to benefit from a grant from government funds at the same time as they were meeting covertly.... would the right wing newspapers ignore it ?

If Labour did just a tiny fraction of what these crooks have been up to they'd be crucified by our right wing offshore print media that prop up the Tories

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's subtle and insidious with her.

It isn't necessarily what she does report but what she doesn't. The challenge on Corbyn on anti-semitism that is one of her only tweets (as opposed to RTs) today is a perfectly valid challenge but there is absoutely nothing about Islamophobia in the Tory party. Don't tell me that's not coming up (if it isn't it's because there is no inquiry despite Cleverly promising one). Then there's an RT about Bercow who is RETIRING not doing an interview but nothing about why BoJo as sitting PM won't go on the Today programme.

It's not what she says but what she leaves out.

I personally and genuinely have perceived LK as having spent the last 4 years sneering/mocking of; Teresa May, Brexit politicians and voters, Johnson, UKIP, Farage, the Conservative Party, UK Brexit negotiators, etc, etc.

Whilst giving Corbyn and McDonnell a soft touch on their career loathing of the EU.

This is NOT said as a paranoid Brexiteer .... I voted Remain.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm just watching the Conservative Party Broadcast. It's very detailed and explains the issues so fully and completely. I wonder who it's aimed at :facepalm:

And I'm the one accused of taking the piss.

FFS the interviewer is more working class than me :lolol:

Just seen it, its aimed at Sun readers, anyone with moderate intelligence will see right through it.

But this is Britain, it might just hit the spot!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I personally and genuinely have perceived LK as having spent the last 4 years sneering/mocking of; Teresa May, Brexit politicians and voters, Johnson, UKIP, Farage, the Conservative Party, UK Brexit negotiators, etc, etc.

Whilst giving Corbyn and McDonnell a soft touch on their career loathing of the EU.

This is NOT said as a paranoid Brexiteer .... I voted Remain.

She's very good on TV and Radio, generally speaking. She looked like she'd eaten a dogshit when she had to read out the "hung parliament" exit poll in 2017 but apart from that she's ok. And there is other bias in the BBC. John Humphries' memoirs are interesting. He reckons there is an inate remain bias in management at the BBC just because they are Uni educated metropolitans.

It's her Twitter feed I object to. Not much taking the Tories or Farage to task on there. Like I said, insidious. She's very clever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
She's very good on TV and Radio, generally speaking. She looked like she'd eaten a dogshit when she had to read out the "hung parliament" exit poll in 2017 but apart from that she's ok. And there is other bias in the BBC. John Humphries' memoirs are interesting. He reckons there is an inate remain bias in management at the BBC just because they are Uni educated metropolitans.

It's her Twitter feed I object to. Not much taking the Tories or Farage to task on there. Like I said, insidious. She's very clever.

LK’s bosses, predictably, would probably say .... “If both sides believe she’s biased, she must doing a great job”.

John Humpries also explained just that, in a couple of great radio interviews since his retirement. He said he’s personally a passionate Remainer, but he and the BBC had a duty to understand and truly listen to the half of the nation that wanted out. But the BBC management is of one conceited metropolitan ilk, which judges anyone who’s not pro-EU as either mad or not as intelligent as them. It led to some disagreements with his controllers. As a professional journalist, he needed to understand how people in Peterborough, Rochdale, Sunderland felt, their fears, how they disliked the rapid recent changes in their communities. His fear is that the next wave of presenters are all management pliant, he gave the example of Evan Davis as fitting in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here