Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The future of the phone-in

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'll just add my twopennyworth: In any sphere of life, from politics to football, it's always the whingers who make the most noise; the expression 'silent majority' was invented for a good reason. In some cases people are right to whinge, more oftern than not however they do it just because they like the sound of their own voices.

Football fans are the very worst. It's always the moaners you can hear at Withdean, (most of whom came from the West Stand at the Goldstone), and it's no good saying that everybody esle should make more noise to drown them out, sometimes when a player has made a huge cock-up sitting silently is better than shouting abuse - but the silent sympathy and support doesn't come over whereas of course the abuse does.

This thread proves that the slaggers are a tiny, albeit noisy, minority. It's all very well us saying 'ignore them', nobody likes to see their hard work denigrated, but as Roz says you've just got to compartmentalise them as 'Whining bastards' and just let them spout their crap.

Good luck with your business.

(just editing as I made a small but important typo!)

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I notice that none of the knockers have made any comment, wonder why ?

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Right.,

1/
I agree just because you post on NSC does not make you you naything special and if you phone in you should use your real name

2/
If you don't like a radio show...don't listen (buy the argus - twats)

3/
Do not slag off someone who is doing something good for the fans.

Harty , I would imagine the average age of the people slagging off the show is below 16 so don't worry.

Oh havn't we got enough Funeral Directors in Worthing. Still no shortage of customers here. Especially after a cold snap!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, it's got to be kept going.

I've called in a couple of times (using Goldstone), but I'll call more in future so you hopefully get rid of the dead time. And in view of the comments on here I'll use my real name in future!

fink

Mar 15, 2004
not far away
Ian

You are forbidden, to change,alter, amend,cancel,reconstitute,substitute,terminate,suppress,annul,
neutralize,void,abolish, the phone in in any way,,, got the message ??:flameboun :bounce: :angry: please:D :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here