Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The future of the phone-in

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Just to say, I love the phone-in......it MUST continue, I even changed my phone because of it:)

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I echo everyone's thoughts on here don't give up the phone in it is all part of the Albion experience and it is all ours.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Pethick's Haircut said:
Harty you are an Albion legend, and you have done a lot of hard work for the club. You should keep up the hard work with phone-in and not let the moaners get to you.

:clap: :clap2: :clap:

I'd like to second that. Don't let a few dissenters get to you Harty. You are doing a great job.

Ian
which tosspots were complaining about Saturday's phone in. for me it was one of the best ones we have had for ages, esp from an away game that most of us had not been to.

I should ignore the miserable whingers for the twats that they are.

Keep the phone in :salute:

I think Harty should stop being such a POOF and not take the views of a few tossers to heart (no pun intended). You're doing a fine job, as is Wardy, and it's greatly appreciated by the vast majority of Albion fans everywhere.

Keep going and don't let the fuckers get you down. You can bet your life that equivelent programs up and down the country get the same grief, it's just a case of rising above it.

OH IAN HART
IAN IAN IAN HART :bowdown:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Harty's phone in is priceless as is BBC SCR's coverage of the Albion. Both should be treasured and Harty, keep it going and best of luck with the new venture..will there be discounts for Seagull supporters;)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And we'll pay you a bonus for every Palace scum you can bury with a Brighton scarf round their neck !! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Harty,

You need to grow a thicker skin mate. If everyone got upset by the nonsense spouted off on this board then no one would go to the games anymore. We'd all be at home crying.

NSC does not in anyway represent the average Brighton fan. NSC represents people who sit in front of a computer all day. Either retired, at work or at Uni. I'm sure there is a rather large albion fan base that don't work in an office or even own a PC!

You have to be aware that you have put youer self in the public eye and as such will either have praise or shit heaped on you. That's just the nature of the beast.

Try to take some of the posts as costructive critisism and see through the red mist that has probably been brougt about by a dire Brighton performance rather than a dire Harty performance.

I like your show! I listen to your show after every game. If we've won I tend to enjoy it more!

Never think of anything as the finished article. There is always room for improvment. Just because it is not high buget does not mean that you should not strive for the best!

Ideas for how to fill dead air! How about having a guest fan for every game?

At the end of the day, don't let the bastards get you down.

Take the rough with the smooth! but most of all...

KEEP THE FAITH!

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Harty -

If you stop to throw a stone at every barking dog, you'll never complete your journey...

;) :)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Ah this thread could easily turn into a list of great analogies!

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
The drive home wouldn't be the same without it Harty!

I like the controversy and the mistakes. It's very funny listening to you trying not be objective.

I'm going to start a poll to find out if it is worth keeping. I'm reckoning it will be.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
like anything in life - the moaners are the loudest.

i always listen......

.....then get peed off and turn to talksport
:p

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Ian, we've talked about this and I know how dispiriting it must feel to have put all the work into getting the phone-in - not an easy task - only to be rewarded by what seems like a non-stop grizzle. But in reality NSC is just a drop in the ocean compared to the overall size of the fanbase. And NSC, like all message boards is a very easy place to grizzle away on. As, it has to be said is the radio! Constructive comments about how to improve things are worth listening to but most of the moaning isn't. Which is why - and it's easier to say than do - you have to put the perpetrators into a mental compartment marked "whinging bastards" and concentrate on the positive. And I think that the replies you've received on this topic shows there's a deal to be positive about.

Your phone-in is an essential part of the Albion experience, and even the most bizarre contributors have produced legendary moments - the day Hugo pulled the curtains down halfway through one of his monologues should be stored in the national radio archives! Even "Fifi" who gets ever more creative in her attempts to fool us that she isn't "L***** from H**e", adds something to the afternoon in much the same way as a bad pie is a traditional part of the day. They might be shite but things wouldn't be the same without them!

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Harty where are you,come back,please.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Harty. u do the best anybody could with some of the idiots that fone in each week and i thoroughly enjoy what you do each week. it has the feel of a local teams phone-in which of course it should. its real fans having there say with a real fan running it. just ignore the idiots who slag off the show. we all know here and appreciate what you do for the club and thoroughly hoped you would continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here