Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The fella who "invaded" the pitch

Jul 20, 2003
I reckon there are many on here that did the treble.

York, Chesterfield and Wigan. 3 decades, 3 divisions? EDIT ... 3 grounds

Feel a bit sorry for the bloke last night if he does get a banning order.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I can remember doing two of the three but while I was at the York City game (and the rearranged one) I can't remember going on the pitch for that one. I think I stayed in the North .... can't believe my old self did that and can't remember why :facepalm: :wrong:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'd feel more than a bit sorry for that offence alone.

But if there is another recent offence to be taken into consideration, he's been a bit of a ninny, to say the least.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Club need to crack down on opposition fans in the home end, but instead they'll punish our fans, because they can't wait to get the corporate £££ from away fans who haven't got enough points for an actual away ticket.

That's right. Tony Bloom runs an evil empire just to make money at our expense and his staff spend their time planning how to upset home fans. Pathetic take.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's right. Tony Bloom runs an evil empire just to make money at our expense and his staff spend their time planning how to upset home fans. Pathetic take.
You have to admit it hasn’t been finest last week for the Albion off the pitch. I think most get upset at the spin they never make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes the Spurs ticket spin was laughable, within the last ten years we have took massive numbers to away games when given a huge allocation. Why not say sorry guys we got that one wrong ???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You have to admit it hasn’t been finest last week for the Albion off the pitch. I think most get upset at the spin they never make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes the Spurs ticket spin was laughable, within the last ten years we have took massive numbers to away games when given a huge allocation. Why not say sorry guys we got that one wrong ???

The Albion are far from infallible. When you look at the breadth of reaction, and the readiness of people to immediately assume the worst, or to so quickly and vehemently argue (taking NSC as a slightly skewed sample) I often find myself thinking "Who would run a football club?". I know they get paid a lot, but it's a thankless task. The base line expectation is flawless in a world where almost every decision they make is a compromise about which, without fail, thousands of people will have hundreds of different opinions.

So I don't admit that it hasn't been the finest week off the pitch. There have been dozens and dozens of perfectly reasonable decisions that have had a positive impact that we'll never see and never even consider and a few that have iritated some fans. Where a poor decision was made, such as the failed plan to keep fans safe at the Palace game, it has been acknowledged (in more than one place in that case). That's all we can ask I think.

Do PB and his team sometimes get a bit defensive? Of course. Do I understand why? Of course I do. Are they infallible? Of course not. Do I believe they have the long term best interests of the fans at heart? 100% - not in doubt.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Spot on! I'd always want Barber in our corner and during the covid period he fought the club's corner fiercely. However, he just seems totally averse to admitting any misjudgment and the tone of too many of his communications are overly bullish and defensive.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Surely if he just makes an apology Barber and the club will shortly it and move on?

Something like

"I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused, and to thank fans for their patience.

Working with the police, the club’s operations staff were monitoring the invasion on CCTV monitors from the stadium control room at all times, and were able to direct staff and police on the ground to ease the invasion as quickly and as safely as possible"

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Although the poster who mentioned a petition was no doubt very well meaning, I am very pleased we did not rely on the same tactics against Archer!

Oh, how our fan base has changed.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Loads of spurs fans just over the barriers when they scored the winner just pushed back over by the stewards.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Loads of spurs fans just over the barriers when they scored the winner just pushed back over by the stewards.

Which was exactly what happened at CPFC away with our late equaliser

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Although the poster who mentioned a petition was no doubt very well meaning, I am very pleased we did not rely on the same tactics against Archer!

Oh, how our fan base has changed.

There were definitely petitions being used in the Archer / Belotti era

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here