Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sky News at 10 led with the Cliff story. All so predictable - go for the easy pickings, leave the judges, top civil servants and politicians to die off outside the full glare of publicity.

Exactly. When he died the police were (again) investigating multiple accusations of abuse by Leon Brittan (& the rest). It's all gone quiet & they've thrown us another old pop star

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So the slow reveal on Saville continues, note the BBC's almost delighted reaction that another institution is being caught with its pants down. What went on at Stoke Mandeville is a disgrace of the highest order, aided and abetted by the Thatcher government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31637320

There's a few dots that need joining up here.

- Saville is the biggest sex criminal this country has ever seen. We know of crimes comitted at the BBC, Stoke Mandaville, Broadmoor and Leeds General Infirmary. That is beyond doubt.

- At the same time there was a paedophile ring involving people connected at the highest levels of British society. Savile had connections at the highest level of British society.

- Despite the magnitiutude and apparent openness of his crimes and the constant rumour and supposition Saville was never apprehended in his lifetime. This must have involved a fairly complex level of cover up.

Yet we are still being asked to believe that Saville was a lone wolf. It is beyond the realms of human comprehension that Saville was acting without the knowledge of the Westminster paedophile ring and vica versa, given the levels of interconnectedness between them. Yet I have never seen Saville's name in conjunction with establishment child abuse. Why?

I reckon Saville is a key, key player in all of this. He was arguably better connected than anyone on the Elm House list.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can we now officially have a new nick name for thatcher instead of iron maiden it should be blind eye maggie, it would be very interesting just how much she did know about all of this

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
can we now officially have a new nick name for thatcher instead of iron maiden it should be blind eye maggie, it would be very interesting just how much she did know about all of this

As much as I'd love this to be a Thatcher bashing ceremony, I reckon every administration since Heath's election in 1970 has plenty to answer for. This is far bigger than an individual PM.

What I think people would find (somewhat bafflingly) tough to stomach is how she could turn a blind eye to this as a woman and a mother?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the slow reveal on Saville continues, note the BBC's almost delighted reaction that another institution is being caught with its pants down. What went on at Stoke Mandeville is a disgrace of the highest order, aided and abetted by the Thatcher government.There's a few dots that need joining up here.

- Saville is the biggest sex criminal this country has ever seen. We know of crimes comitted at the BBC, Stoke Mandaville, Broadmoor and Leeds General Infirmary. That is beyond doubt.

- At the same time there was a paedophile ring involving people connected at the highest levels of British society. Savile had connections at the highest level of British society.

- Despite the magnitiutude and apparent openness of his crimes and the constant rumour and supposition Saville was never apprehended in his lifetime. This must have involved a fairly complex level of cover up.

Yet we are still being asked to believe that Saville was a lone wolf. It is beyond the realms of human comprehension that Saville was acting without the knowledge of the Westminster paedophile ring and vica versa, given the levels of interconnectedness between them. Yet I have never seen Saville's name in conjunction with establishment child abuse. Why?

I reckon Saville is a key, key player in all of this. He was arguably better connected than anyone on the Elm House list.

The only thing that makes any sense is that he had cast iron proof of some top, top people who were at it, and given the scale of his deception you'd then assume they'd have to be political or religious leaders.

I wouldn't be surprised if Savile has his own file of evidence containing the grizzly details locked away in some solicitor's office, and that this was his "get out of jail free" card.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As much as I'd love this to be a Thatcher bashing ceremony, I reckon every administration since Heath's election in 1970 has plenty to answer for. This is far bigger than an individual PM.

What I think people would find (somewhat bafflingly) tough to stomach is how she could turn a blind eye to this as a woman and a mother?

quite agree but you might include all the nurses,doctors, police and any others you like to name who knew this was going on.
maybe it was because it was not their children or relatives that were being abused, maybe it was the way I was bought up but I could not stand by and allow this to happen without saying or doing something, no matter who was involved.
Savile a celebrity phah! a bit like Jack the Ripper was.
only because people ignored what was going on because it was saving them huge amounts of money he raised to buy equipment they could not afford.
the whole thing makes me sick to the stomach, for what he done but more for all those who ignored it ............and it still goes on in nearly every city and town in this nation.
this country is a bit of a disgrace at this moment in time.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
this country is a bit of a disgrace at this moment in time.

It has been one insititutional scandal after another since MP's expenses. Papers, banks, politicians, insurers, police, lords, royal family, security services.

When are we going to realise that at the very highest levels, these people are all in it together. This isn't conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo, this is real life being played out in front of us and we appear to be tacit approvers at best and willing accomplices at worst.

What is it going to take for people to get angry?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

have to give you a BOO on this(i dont do thumbs down) i think it would be silly to try and pinpoint it on Maggie as a political point scoring exercise,this problem is intrinsic throughout every political leaning from the main parties down to the lower groups like SWP and the way they sweep rape scandals under the carpet.

there has historically been a group of people that have bullied others into getting away with this,its gradually unfolding and rightly so,their political persuasion should not be brought in as a factor

they should just be judged on their acts.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
have to give you a BOO on this(i dont do thumbs down) i think it would be silly to try and pinpoint it on Maggie as a political point scoring exercise,this problem is intrinsic throughout every political leaning from the main parties down to the lower groups like SWP and the way they sweep rape scandals under the carpet.

there has historically been a group of people that have bullied others into getting away with this,its gradually unfolding and rightly so,their political persuasion should not be brought in as a factor

they should just be judged on their acts.

the difference is that she was the holier than thou PM who had somebody suspected of this sitting on her cabinet, what was it she called the Liverpool fans after Hillsborough
and please don't try and tell me she knew nothing about Savile, she knew everything that was going on .....but then of coarse these people were useful

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Probably not as much as this plum.
Rotherham MP opposed child abuse inquiry.
Rotherham Labour MP John Healey opposed calls for an investigation into child abuse allegations in the town because he did not think it would help victims or families.
https://www.politicshome.com/home-affairs/articles/story/rotherham-mp-opposed-child-abuse-inquiry

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here