Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The cover up is disgraceful. My Dad was a diplomat and Hayman was his direct boss for a short time in the early 70s, apparently I met him as a child which is not a comfortable thought.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Looking like Home Secretary Theresa May will announce a full judicial inquiry under 2005 act, with powers to summon witnesses, testimony under oath... and lead by a senior figure from abroad.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Looking like Home Secretary Theresa May will announce a full judicial inquiry under 2005 act, with powers to summon witnesses, testimony under oath... and lead by a senior figure from abroad.

Mission accomplished then, she's managed to procrastinate long enough that it can't damage the establishment before the election, even with preliminary findings.

Now, given that we are still waiting for Chilcott, how long will they be looking to spin it out for? My intial gut feel said they would want to report 2.5 - 3 years in to the next Parliament, to let it die down before the 2020 election but given that we're still waiting for Chilcott, I wouldn't be suprised if they had their sights set on 7.5-8 years.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

...now being reported as a New Zealand high court judge.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
seven months since Scloss resigned though. Appointed in time to show they have done something before the election and in time for nothing to happen until after the election, if then.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
"Rotherham council was more concerned about protecting its own reputation than its most vulnerable citizens, according to an uncompromising report on the council’s handling of child sexual exploitation which concludes that the council is not fit for purpose."

People should be going to prison. Another institution proven to have a ridiculously laissez-faire attitude to child sexual abuse. How many more?

We have a serious problem in this country that needs sorting now. I can't believe that people aren't more angry about this.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
New woman in charge saying all the right things, so hopefully she'll get to the heart of it. Going to take up to 5 years, plenty of time for a few more to die off before the truth comes out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
New woman in charge saying all the right things, so hopefully she'll get to the heart of it. Going to take up to 5 years, plenty of time for a few more to die off before the truth comes out.

She is 66 , looks like they've appointed her so if it takes 15 years to complete the inquiry she should still be alive but most of the abusers wont.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That is truly shocking and horrific. Buzzer reads The Daily Star.

Almost. I follow a Twitter account of someone who reads the Star. Funnily enough, it reminded me of another convenient death by car crash a few years back: Monica Coghlan. I think she was killed in a car crash near there too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Almost. I follow a Twitter account of someone who reads the Star. Funnily enough, it reminded me of another convenient death by car crash a few years back: Monica Coghlan. I think she was killed in a car crash near there too.

I remember that. She was the ugliest £2,000 whore in history if I remember rightly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Although as often happens I,ve just read up on her early life as one does, going off on tangents on a pre-drinking read on a Friday afternoon and its not pretty. Doesn't detract from the fact she looked like a pig of course.
Thinking back Geofrey Archer had probably one of the most punchable faces of the 20th century. The sort that if you smacked once you'd just have to carry on for some considerable time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Although as often happens I,ve just read up on her early life as one does, going off on tangents on a pre-drinking read on a Friday afternoon and its not pretty. Doesn't detract from the fact she looked like a pig of course.
Thinking back Geofrey Archer had probably one of the most punchable faces of the 20th century. The sort that if you smacked once you'd just have to carry on for some considerable time.

Still...2 grand is 2 grand. And this was the mid-80s too. You've got to wonder (or perhaps it's best not to) what services she provided for that much money. And yes, Jeffrey Archer is, was and always will be a c*nt. So is his son who was barred from the City, I think. Wrong 'uns the lot of them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Still...2 grand is 2 grand. And this was the mid-80s too. You've got to wonder (or perhaps it's best not to) what services she provided for that much money. And yes, Jeffrey Archer is, was and always will be a c*nt. So is his son who was barred from the City, I think. Wrong 'uns the lot of them.

I'm going to spend the last hour before I go for a pre-England vWales drink thinking of all the depravities that one could inflict upon a brass that would cost 2 grand. If anyone else would like to help me, feel free.
At the moment I,ve got no further than the stuff El Pres considers 'straight sex' you know lederhosen and bodily discharges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here