Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
“There is a small group of powerful people at the BBC who think it would have been better if the truth about Savile had never come out. And they aim to punish the reporters who revealed it.”

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-whistleblowers-jimmy-savile?CMP=share_btn_tw

the last little paragraph is the most important ..........but will it happen, I doubt that very much.
The BBC has become just a litle comfortable just of late and I have that nagging feeling its only telling you what it wants you to know, its now a very bland TV station that follows the others.
the only decent thing they have left is the Drama which is good, trouble is its spilling over to the news now.
not so much news now as sensational clap trap and the constant repeating of the same news and words to the effect "you have heard it here first" when actully I did not want to here it at all as everybody including the internet got it first anyway

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
the last little paragraph is the most important ..........but will it happen, I doubt that very much.
The BBC has become just a litle comfortable just of late and I have that nagging feeling its only telling you what it wants you to know, its now a very bland TV station that follows the others.
the only decent thing they have left is the Drama which is good, trouble is its spilling over to the news now.
not so much news now as sensational clap trap and the constant repeating of the same news and words to the effect "you have heard it here first" when actully I did not want to here it at all as everybody including the internet got it first anyway

Story in the "Star on Sunday" last June that the Beeb were going to be presented with a file on child-abuse within the Corporation way back in 1999.

By Jill Dando...

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Story in the "Star on Sunday" last June that the Beeb were going to be presented with a file on child-abuse within the Corporation way back in 1999.

By Jill Dando...

Interesting, wasn't aware of that. Convenient/coincidence that neither she, Carole Kasir, Stingemore and Brittan (amongst many others) are no longer around to be questioned!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Brittan's sudden(ish) death (allegedly of cancer) was just a bit too quick after it was announced in the press that he was being investigated? If I was Lowell Goddard and had the power to do so, one of the first things I'd order is the exhumation of his body from the unmarked grave to make sure it's definitely him and assess exactly what he died of.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What chance have we got eh.
Police refuse to name 23 missing sex offenders.
Yep, you guessed it, because of THEIR human rights........jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz.
The whereabouts of the registered sex offenders from Greater Manchester is unknown and police say releasing their identities may endanger their safety.
Police have refused to name 23 missing sex offenders in case they breach their ‘human rights’.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/police-refuse-name-23-missing-8805761?ICID=FB-MEN-main

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
large investigation in Sheffield now
how many more places is this happening
and Maxwell arrested while still in prison for more alligations
this country is becoming a cesspool

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sadly these types of arrests and investigations show Britain always 'has been' a cesspool
....and if course Britain is the only place in the world where it happened,.....I tell you what, I say that Britain is the only place in the world where we have, can and will out it all in the public domain, and have the balls to prosecute even those formerly much loved celebs and stars.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
....and if course Britain is the only place in the world where it happened,.....I tell you what, I say that Britain is the only place in the world where we have, can and will out it all in the public domain, and have the balls to prosecute even those formerly much loved celebs and stars.

Don't forget the Vicars, Teachers, Politicians, Soldiers and Doctors, to name a few.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

wonder if someone will have the backbone to charge some of those who ignored this, the whistleblowers in the Sheffield case are policemen who were told to shelve the case, so good on them but what about the ones who told them to shelve it and why would you do that.

Finally? That article is eight years old.
And, if you read the article, the allegations were first made about 77 years ago, when young Margaret Roberts was about 12 years old. Still, the episode no doubt taught her the benefit of covering up a scandal and how easily it could be done.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
And, if you read the article, the allegations were first made about 77 years ago, when young Margaret Roberts was about 12 years old. Still, the episode no doubt taught her the benefit of covering up a scandal and how easily it could be done.

Possibly. But I suspect it had more to do with her exerting power from within knowing she had stuff on key players.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Child sex abuse is 'woven into British society' - Theresa May (14th March 2015)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31885906

Mrs May said: "We already know the trail will lead into our schools and hospitals, our churches, our youth clubs and many other institutions that should have been places of safety but instead became the setting for the most appalling abuse.

"However, what the country doesn't yet appreciate is the true scale of that abuse."
'Tip of the iceberg'

She added: "During one of my first meetings with survivors, one lady said to me: 'Get this inquiry right and it will be like a stick of Blackpool rock. You will see abuse going through every level of society.'

"I fear she is right. I have said before and I shall say again, that what we have seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg."

If it's already confirmed thousands of kids have been sexually abused (with some murdered) whilst countless celebrities, royalty, MP's and care home management have already been implicated and this is 'just the tip of the iceberg' then I shudder to think what this enquiry is going to reveal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here