Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am not a minder for the mods I just do not want to see this thread stopped due to posters breaking the rules. Is that so hard to understand?

Perhaps you could post them up again, i can't find the bits that apply to this particular thread....thanks

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Not sure he would becAuse of the seriousness of the situation. However, having him on a panel might work. I've been following and reading up on this, like others. Two weeks ago it wasn't known about. I've been thinking what a debt is owed to the people that have blown the whistle, the people speaking up and the politicians that won't bow to pressure to keep quiet. This really is very important, and I cannot understand Cameron's weakness in responding. First he resisted, then appoints an inappropriate judge, then the proceedings won't be under oath. He had a chance to deal with this and he's failed. Earlier in the thread I see there's a public protest outside parliament. I hope it / was well attended. The 'people' need to be heard on this one.

You could be right about IH because the public only see the jokey quips on HIGNFY. However, the work that he and many others have done in Private Eye over the years, would ensure that no stone would be left unturned if he had a significant role in any enquiry. You're right about Cameron's missed opportunity - suspect this is all about him being seen to be doing something whilst someone's pulling the strings behind the scenes.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You could be right about IH because the public only see the jokey quips on HIGNFY. However, the work that he and many others have done in Private Eye over the years, would ensure that no stone would be left unturned if he had a significant role in any enquiry. You're right about Cameron's missed opportunity - suspect this is all about him being seen to be doing something whilst someone's pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I for one would absolutely love him to be involved.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am not a mod, ask them. I just wanted to make sure this thread does not get closed down but hey you just go on posting what the hell you want, you just keep ****ing it up for everyone!

Ok sorry, but you posted quote:"You are breaking the forum rules"......so i obviously thought that you were well versed on them.
As iv'e stated a few times since, i will be careful what i post, that was a couple of pages ago, but you keep recycling the " I just wanted to make sure this thread does not get closed down" line.....wev'e moved on.
Just to say that what normally happens is that if a poster is upset with a certain post, then he messages a Mod/Admin to complain/report a post, and they make a decision......not put in bold letters ON the board "the post must be removed".....like YOU do.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Anyway, after Lady Butler Sloss was involved in previous cases, i'm not sure she is the right person to sort out this new case.
I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about her that does not sit well....imo
29awfes.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So there are no rules published.

No but you refer to "rules" - - that aren't published anywhere except for one general opt out sentence only visible when you first register.

They are hidden at the bottom of the page, under the cryptic link 'forum rules'.

Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of North Stand Chat, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of North Stand Chat reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They are still trying to keep things as they want them, but I don't see how they can keep this up, given the circumstances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28274882

"But the Home Office said it was backing her "unreservedly", adding that she was "beyond reproach"."

Wasn't this able to happen because certain people were considered "beyond reproach"? Isn't that the whole point? Have they not learned anything?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
They are hidden at the bottom of the page, under the cryptic link 'forum rules'.

Thanks Hans........So :smile:
"All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of North Stand Chat, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
They are still trying to keep things as they want them, but I don't see how they can keep this up, given the circumstances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28274882

"But the Home Office said it was backing her "unreservedly", adding that she was "beyond reproach"."

Wasn't this able to happen because certain people were considered "beyond reproach"? Isn't that the whole point? Have they not learned anything?

I don't think they have learned anything......or maybe they don't want to.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am not a minder for the mods I just do not want to see this thread stopped due to posters breaking the rules. Is that so hard to understand?

Quote from Forum rules.
""All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of North Stand Chat, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message."
So your view, and the abuse from Mod Hitony about the board being closed down seem to be a tad off piste eh.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Quote from Forum rules.
""All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of North Stand Chat, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message."
So your view, and the abuse from Mod Hitony about the board being closed down seem to be a tad off piste eh.

Ok just post what you like, you will not hear another word from me on this particular subject, it's all yours

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ok just post what you like, you will not hear another word from me on this particular subject, it's all yours

Great, hopefully we can get back to debating the thread without you disrupting it by asking for "posts to be removed" and quoting phoney board rules etc.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He has threatened to sue anyone who links his name with the Elm Guest House, the post must be removed

It has been.

So, my post was edited, with a touch of abuse, sadly the mod who edited it would not give their name. Thanks anyway.

Had I known at the time I made my post explaining why I didn't think it was libellous that the individual concerned had threatened to sue for linking their name with the establishment in question, no doubt I'd have made a similar call to HiTony. I didn't :shrug:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-historic-sex-abuse-3846678?

I'm pleased some of the mainstream media are now discussing the need to investigate former prime ministers.

That the cover ups can in some cases be worse than the original crimes.

That we should protect the victims and not the institutions. And appoint the right people to run them as well as the country.

I'm not in agreement with the emergency law that will allow the security service to spy on our online activity. If I trusted them I might feel different.

But hey let's start with honesty and prosecution no more announcements after they are dead. Let's open this up and not just for the victims but for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here