Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm only suggesting it because a mod will remove it.

I also appreciate this discussion being had/allowed and I don't want to get this thread closed.

I merely replied to a poster, did not state what the local MP was involved or not involved in, just that his name appeared on the list and that he was an MP for a Worthing constituency. If the mods want to remove a name that has been put up, but no accusations or theories included, then fair enough.

I do actually buy Soulman's argument here. All he has said is that an individual's name is on the guest list of a party, with no further accusations of any type. In my opinion, that is not libellous. If specific accusations were mentioned or even alluded to, it would be sufficiently dangerous for me to delete the comment.

I have no desire to stifle general conversation about a difficult topic. Where I get touchy and will press the delete button is:

1) If someone accuses someone of a specific crime unless and until that individual has been convicted of that crime.
2) If someone posts a link to a site that does what I've said in 1)
3) If someone tries to be clever and uses innuendo/allusion to infer a specific person, but it's perfectly obvious that the description can only be 1 person
4) If someone thinks that putting "allegedly" before or after an allegation of criminality protects them or NSC from a libel writ - it doesn't.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I do actually buy Soulman's argument here. All he has said is that an individual's name is on the guest list of a party, with no further accusations of any type. In my opinion, that is not libellous. If specific accusations were mentioned or even alluded to, it would be sufficiently dangerous for me to delete the comment.

I have no desire to stifle general conversation about a difficult topic. Where I get touchy and will press the delete button is:

1) If someone accuses someone of a specific crime unless and until that individual has been convicted of that crime.
3) If someone tries to be clever and uses innuendo/allusion to infer a specific person, but it's perfectly obvious that the description can only be 1 person
4) If someone thinks that putting "allegedly" before or after an allegation of criminality protects them or NSC from a libel writ - it doesn't.

So, my post was edited, with a touch of abuse, sadly the mod who edited it would not give their name. Thanks anyway.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I merely replied to a poster, did not state what the local MP was involved or not involved in, just that his name appeared on the list and that he was an MP for a Worthing constituency. If the mods want to remove a name that has been put up, but no accusations or theories included, then fair enough.

MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh sorry, as I edited your post I guess i had best say who i am.........no on second thoughts....guess who? :)

Obviously you mods have different opinions as Goldstone 1976 seemed to think it was ok. Oh well i expect you feel important now eh. Good on you. :)

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Cheers Martyn, who needs the mods eh :D

This thread is of vital importance and we must keep talking about this issue and getting the word out, if you break the forum rules and post the name of someone who has threatened to sue anyone who does that you are going to force the mods to close the discussion totally, is that what you want. We can talk about him and others without actually naming them here surely you can do that aswell?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

Blimey you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself on here all of a sudden. Did you get your induction from hitony.
I don't normally agree with nibble but I think I'll make an exception this time.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This thread is of vital importance and we must keep talking about this issue and getting the word out, if you break the forum rules and post the name of someone who has threatened to sue anyone who does that you are going to force the mods to close the discussion totally, is that what you want. We can talk about him and others without actually naming them here surely you can do that aswell?

Talk about without actually naming them ???? how pray tell me. See point 3).
Quote: "1) If someone accuses someone of a specific crime unless and until that individual has been convicted of that crime.
3) If someone tries to be clever and uses innuendo/allusion to infer a specific person, but it's perfectly obvious that the description can only be 1 person.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Talk about without actually naming them ???? how pray tell me. See point 3).
Quote: "1) If someone accuses someone of a specific crime unless and until that individual has been convicted of that crime.
3) If someone tries to be clever and uses innuendo/allusion to infer a specific person, but it's perfectly obvious that the description can only be 1 person.

You know the point I am making but please carry on being an ass and we will be banned from discussing this matter at all.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh sorry, as I edited your post I guess i had best say who i am.........no on second thoughts....guess who? :)

I have been an Admin and a Mod, obviously different opinions on what can and can not be posted, but at least i had the decency to inbox the poster, not play guess the mystery man.......oh and i understood the abuse, and accepted that was part of the package. More often than not the poster would edit/modify his own post, as tampering with other posters comments was deemed a bit low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here