Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Demise of Uncle Sams

As a Shoreham lad, I have been going to get the best burger going for over 20 years from their outlet opposite Southlands, but my visits are just not the same anymore.

Yes, their burgers are still far better than Maccy D's, BK, Amex of even burger van at the station, but:-

Very Nearly £7 for a biggest burger meal
50p to pay by card
Extra money for ketchup or Mayonnaise dips
No WiFi
No Newspapers
No Sofa's or comfy chairs.

I can now buy a 2 course meal for 2 in a pub for less.

And to top it off, the lad serving there now looks, acts and talks just like Mr Wimpy!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
As a Shoreham lad, I have been going to get the best burger going for over 20 years from their outlet opposite Southlands, but my visits are just not the same anymore.

Yes, their burgers are still far better than Maccy D's, BK, Amex of even burger van at the station, but:-

50p to pay by card
No WiFi
No Newspapers

And to top it off, the lad serving there now looks, acts and talks just like Mr Wimpy!

That's very sad to hear.

My visits back to family would always include Uncle Sams, Favourite Pizza (12'' deep pan special) and Uncle Jim's Kebabs.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I used to be a great fan of Uncle Sams, but I am a Grubbs man now, they maybe don't have one in Shoreham though. But their burgers are top quality stuff

Lush

Mods' Pet

That's got be worth the extra quid or so.

MrWimpy2.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
mmmmm Uncle Sams... still the best burger anywhere in the country... double chilli... I miss them

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
the one in hangleton is shit, and has been since it opened. But the one on montpelier has always done excellent burgers, havent been there for years though.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
Used to go to Uncle Sams on Montpelier all the time whilst I was at college fantastic burgers then switched to Grubbs when we moved to Kemp Town again fanstatic burgers. It's the little things you miss so much!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Used to go to Uncle Sams on Montpelier all the time whilst I was at college fantastic burgers then switched to Grubbs when we moved to Kemp Town again fanstatic burgers. It's the little things you miss so much!

ahhhh i miss grubbs, the one at palmeira was bloody brilliant

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
the one in hangleton is shit, and has been since it opened. But the one on montpelier has always done excellent burgers, havent been there for years though.

True that.

Anyone been to a place called Burger Off? or something like that...its on one of the streets off Western Road, near hove seafront i think..THEY have some tasty burgers.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Despite living closer to the Hangleton branch, and althouh ive never tried that one, I always drive to the Montpelier one.

I don think there is a better burger than there double chilli with cheese and a blob of 1000 island. Had one Sunday night after having a very early sunday roast and it was immense.

That place must make a small fortune - overheads cant be much and always seems busy

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

When I used to live in Kemp Town, I would walk past Grubbs on the way home from work, and from nights out ... it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to walk past without getting something. Veggie Double Garlic Burger, ahhhhhh! But there were so many options to choose from. Marvellous.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I still use Uncle Sams, always will, the one in woodingdean is ok,

It's still worth it for the biggest burger, they're awesome, I could never go back to an allstar burger after my first biggest burger.

The only thing that let's Uncle Sams down is getting it home or to somewhere safe to eat in the car without it getting cold.

Why do they go cold so quick? Is it the fresh cooked burger doesn't heat, or fresh salad that cools it quicker?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Uncle Sams on Montpellier do the best fast food burgers in town now. Chips and milkshakes are good too. Agree about the prices creeping up. But thats probably a good thing for my body

I always used to be a grubbs man, but it has gone rapidly down hill, and been a let down the last few times I have been. Aparently the good cooks have moved from St peters church to Lewes Road branch, so there maybe hope yet

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

50p to pay by card
No WiFi
No Newspapers

Where do you get a 2 course meal for 2 for less than £7 out of interest?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here