Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Demise of Uncle Sams

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Used to go to the one at the top of west street and then they opened one on Carden Avenue. Being a Patcham boy I LOVED it. Spent a small fortune in there in the 90's and now living on the shoreham/lancing border I have 2 at easy reach. When my wife moved down to here she had never heard of uncle sams. She loves it! I worked with a guy from Jersey and forced him to try one. He LOVED it! I'll always be a massive fan...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
As a Shoreham lad, I have been going to get the best burger going for over 20 years from their outlet opposite Southlands, but my visits are just not the same anymore.

Yes, their burgers are still far better than Maccy D's, BK, Amex of even burger van at the station, but:-

Very Nearly £7 for a biggest burger meal
50p to pay by card
Extra money for ketchup or Mayonnaise dips
No WiFi
No Newspapers
No Sofa's or comfy chairs.

I can now buy a 2 course meal for 2 in a pub for less.

And to top it off, the lad serving there now looks, acts and talks just like Mr Wimpy!

Ever go for a 'shake n burger' in southwick?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I once spent 4 days in Holland eating very little of their utterly bland food knowing that I was driving to Brighton on the way back and would be getting lunch in Uncle Sams. I'll be most displeased if the quality is going down (even if I get to have one maybe three times a year :()

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
In fact" you can't bag a better burger "uncle SAMs double chilli it's so hot makes my teeth itch , my nose don't stop running and can't talk for around 5 mins , but I still go back for more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here