Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Not down today but no big increase either @ 47,525

Good jump in vaccinated numbers, 2.639m have had first dose.

6dd8e275403a75d8a83f59c7ee24a6bd.jpg

Still down by 14,797 compared to last week.

Guardian reporting 4% have received an initial dose as well which is an easy one to covert, that's 1 in 25 people have had the first dose.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just called in at my local doctors surgery (Northbourne MC) and was greeted by the sight of ‘older’ people, some in wheel chairs all being organised to go and have their vaccinations..might sound a bit girly but it genuinely brought out a few tears ..brilliant

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I don't think this is the right thread to be boasting about how much money you could make from this pandemic.

Sure it's the Covid good news thread, isn't it. And it is great news about this new Phase III trial that will likely save many lives

It's also an opportunity to potentially make some good money yourself. You've not been charged for this nudge and a wink !!!!:whistle:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
The UK will become only the fourth country to pass the 5% vaccines adminstered mark by the weekend (if not sooner), while Israel will become the first nation to have vaccinated over a quarter of its population - a significant and impressive milestone.

The first vaccine was given in the UK on 8th December, just 36 days ago. However, at the current rate of vaccination we should hit the 10% mark in a little over a fortnight from now. If the daily rate of vaccination increases as seems to be the case, we could well do it inside two weeks.

We'll be there before you know it. Hang tight and stay safe people!

index.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Initial order of 30 million with option for further 22 million.

And of course as it’s a one-dose, that really does mean 30m people able to be vaccinated.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Good news - my 90 year old Dad was recently tested positive for Covid, and appears to have come through it unscathed ...
Bad news - his doctors surgery, despite knowing he had Covid, invited him in for his vaccine...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good news - my 90 year old Dad was recently tested positive for Covid, and appears to have come through it unscathed ...
Bad news - his doctors surgery, despite knowing he had Covid, invited him in for his vaccine...

Why is that bad news i thought you should have the vaccine even if you have already had covid before

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Why is that bad news i thought you should have the vaccine even if you have already had covid before

It’s bad news as they invited him in WHILE he was positive for Covid...

There don’t appear to be checks and balances in place to make sure this sort of thing doesn’t happen, it was only my sister’s vigilance that prevented a Covid positive patient visiting a vaccination site...

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

There don’t appear to be checks and balances in place to make sure this sort of thing doesn’t happen, it was only my sister’s vigilance that prevented a Covid positive patient visiting a vaccination site...

I'm ok with them not integrating two separate systems if it means there is a delay in vaccine rollout. Something like this can easily be solved with a quick call to the GP to check if it's ok to come in while self-isolating.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They can’t make sure it doesn’t happen. The vaccination sites are obviously operating with strict protocols - given the extent of infection rates, and the % of people that are asymptomatic, it’s inevitable that thousands will turn up for their jabs whilst they actually have it.

NHS Scotland have however issued guidance that you shouldn’t attend if positive and make another appointment but can’t find anything for NHS England.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
200 pharmacies coming on board for giving jabs in UK, more to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here