Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Covid: Large trial of new treatment begins in UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55639096

I'm heavily invested in this stock ( Synairgen ) having bought in between 55p and 79p las March April time. Today's £1.65 price is still very low and news for the Phase III trial has got many of the long term holders here very excited.......Also trials starting in the US in the next week or two. This will probably be bought out by a US Pharma as the Gov't here are only interested in vaccines !!!!!....This is a UK company with already proven efficay for the inhaled Interferon beta. Plenty of info out there on this company and where it's heading.

Broker notes of 990p.......

Novact ( NCYT) are another Covid stock doing testing kits for covid.........Feb last year share price was 37p.......today £9.50 !!!!!! Also in this stock

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1349288234984099841[/TWEET]

Early signs from Israel re: vaccinations cutting transmission is good...

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I'm heavily invested in this stock ( Synairgen ) having bought in between 55p and 79p las March April time. Today's £1.65 price is still very low and news for the Phase III trial has got many of the long term holders here very excited.......Also trials starting in the US in the next week or two. This will probably be bought out by a US Pharma as the Gov't here are only interested in vaccines !!!!!....This is a UK company with already proven efficay for the inhaled Interferon beta. Plenty of info out there on this company and where it's heading.

Novact ( NCYT) are another Covid stock doing testing kits for covid.........Feb last year share price was 37p.......today £9.50 !!!!!! Also in this stock

Are Synairgen still worth it or has it levelled out? Have a bit of money saved (all those saved pub trips) and have been looking for something like this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I had just read it on the website. Very reassuring to start seeing something like this in 'real life'.

Indeed - actual working proof of the vaccines protecting the general public from this nobhead virus.

If this bears out, we should start to see things improve in Israel pretty rapidly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gives me.real hope of an end in sight

I think the next few months will still be an exercise in patience - things won't relax as quite as some might hope, but for me knowing that we are 100% on the way out of these levels of restrictions for good will help so much.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1349327523793031169[/TWEET]

Good, no more of this "nobody wants it after 8pm" BS

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think the next few months will still be an exercise in patience - things won't relax as quite as some might hope, but for me knowing that we are 100% on the way out of these levels of restrictions for good will help so much.

Indeed. Would be happy to see the start of significant easing by Easter that's what I've had in mind. My mum had hers this morning and has told me of 3 other family members booked in this week

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

I don't think this is the right thread to be boasting about how much money you could make from this pandemic.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
[TWEET]1349327523793031169[/TWEET]

Good, no more of this "nobody wants it after 8pm" BS

I've seen this asked on twitter a couple of times and I will give the same response here as I have there.

I'd take it on a pineapple suppository, sideways, if it was offered to me that way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think the primary reason why we haven’t already gone to 24/7 is the supply line isn’t up to it yet to make it viable keeping centres open. Given the news from AZ today (2m/week on the way) that will now change. All positive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think the primary reason why we haven’t already gone to 24/7 is the supply line isn’t up to it yet to make it viable keeping centres open. Given the news from AZ today (2m/week on the way) that will now change. All positive.

This.

Again better if the Government were just honest about this, but if we had been 24/7 from the start, we would've (temporarily) run out of vaccines to give and there would be huge negative headlines about that.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure there is a demand right now for 24/7..........we are vaccinating the over 80's and other vulnerable people. 24/7 might be more needed down the line, but I think they would be fewer in number . I think they will come on stream as we move down the list - to where occupations are.

i hope that employers give staff time off with pay to get vaccinated - a healthy workforce benefits the company too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here