Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems as though the overall daily infection numbers, whilst still high, have taken on a bit of a downward trend the last 3 days ? Difficult to work out from the info but sure we were at 70k+ a few days ago, today it’s under 50k.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Seems as though the overall daily infection numbers, whilst still high, have taken on a bit of a downward trend the last 3 days ? Difficult to work out from the info but sure we were at 70k+ a few days ago, today it’s under 50k.

I honestly don't know whether that's one of those Monday 'quirks', but looking at the official government data at the link below there's definitely the suggestion of a downward trend and with a bit of luck the makings of a (final!) peak:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

We did see a similar pattern in December before cases began to rise again, but that was of course at a time when large swathes of the country were only under tier 2 restrictions and the remainder under tier 3. There are certainly signs that the latest lockdown is in fact working despite murmurs to the contrary, and that we may just avoid a truly 'draconian' implementation of the rules.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I honestly don't know whether that's one of those Monday 'quirks', but looking at the official government data at the link below there's definitely the suggestion of a downward trend and with a bit of luck the makings of a (final!) peak:

We did see a similar pattern in December before cases began to rise again, but that was of course at a time when large swathes of the country were only under tier 2 restrictions and the remainder under tier 3. There are certainly signs that the latest lockdown is in fact working despite murmurs to the contrary, and that we may just avoid a truly 'draconian' implementation of the rules.

Thanks for confirming.....I did look back as well as I could and it doesn’t appear that there are weekend/Monday fluctuations in the infection rates in the same way the deaths only seem to catch up midweek. Will be watching the numbers the rest of this week with interest - if they are dropping at a decent rate that will be fabulous.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Bit early to suggest latest measures are working as there is always the lag effect...whether it is or not ....I’m hoping the figure you’ve quoted and stuff quoted by those relating to the Zoe App is the start of a trend ...and as you say hopefully leading to ‘draconian’ measures not being implemented

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yep.....around 1.3 million in the last week (double what was done in the first 4 weeks). Over 200k on each of the last 4 days.

F**k yeah!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

We're on our way, we're on our way :clap: :clap:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

The Guardian list all their data relative to the previous week, I assume to counteract the difference in reporting methods throughout the week. It was down 12,615 compared to last Monday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bit early to suggest latest measures are working as there is always the lag effect...whether it is or not ....I’m hoping the figure you’ve quoted and stuff quoted by those relating to the Zoe App is the start of a trend ...and as you say hopefully leading to ‘draconian’ measures not being implemented
This may be a bit early for the lockdown effect but could be the tier 4 ( + school holidays ) we had before lockdown kicking in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could future intranasel vaccines stop transmission?

Who nose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here