Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This is supposed to be the good news thread :nono:

Negativity infecting all parts of NSC now ... entirely predictable considering we have a significant number of super spreaders on NSC.

On a brighter note, a family member has been told an operation postponed due to the current crisis will now go ahead in the local NHS hospital or the nearby Private hospital which is being used to help clear the NHS backlog.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Negativity infecting all parts of NSC now ... entirely predictable considering we have a significant number of super spreaders on NSC.

On a brighter note, a family member has been told an operation postponed due to the current crisis will now go ahead in the local NHS hospital or the nearby Private hospital which is being used to help clear the NHS backlog.

#goodnews [emoji106]

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Can anyone tell me which country did have all the PPE , ICU Beds with ventilators, empty hospital beds just sitting there empty and fully staffed just waiting for this Pandemic? The answer is NONE. Of course it could have been handled differently, of course mistakes were (and are)being made. However look at what has happened most recently in Japan, in China, Italy, Spain, where the hospitals were over run, when ambulances are turned away, where ambulances wait for hours to get patients in to the hospitals. None of that has happened here, the Nightingale hospitals are virtually empty, (Birmingham I believe is stood down). In an awful situation the NHS has so far , and appears increasingly likely to continue to do so as hospital cases start to fall, weathered the storm without running out of ICU beds, Normal beds etc. That is what constitutes good news in these times. None of that happened by accident. My brother in law had his hospital appointments cancelled months ago as hospitals prepared for this. Plans and equipment were ready to convert the Nightingale hospitals, its simply not possible to plan something that size and have it built in two weeks. There was a huge amount of planning involved, most of it has worked. In the worst of times too many are happy to only see what has gone wrong, and there are too many "experts" on here and in general who seem to think because they have watched "the walking dead" know better than everyone else. Compare our governments press conferences to Trumps, and his response to the crisis. Good news? none of it is good news, but in this horrendous time, much is better news than the doomsayers and fearmongers would have us believe.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't want to ban people from this thread, but several people should now consider themselves on a last warning.

There are plenty of other threads more appropriate for the political bitching that seems to have taken over here. **** off to those threads please.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
80069607-326B-4FEC-8922-3AD378166C30.jpeg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1251772333662130181[/tweet]

It's not just a present they give to him at the end, but also his Covid test result, negative.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can anyone tell me which country did have all the PPE , ICU Beds with ventilators, empty hospital beds just sitting there empty and fully staffed just waiting for this Pandemic? The answer is NONE. Of course it could have been handled differently, of course mistakes were (and are)being made. However look at what has happened most recently in Japan, in China, Italy, Spain, where the hospitals were over run, when ambulances are turned away, where ambulances wait for hours to get patients in to the hospitals. None of that has happened here, the Nightingale hospitals are virtually empty, (Birmingham I believe is stood down). In an awful situation the NHS has so far , and appears increasingly likely to continue to do so as hospital cases start to fall, weathered the storm without running out of ICU beds, Normal beds etc. That is what constitutes good news in these times. None of that happened by accident. My brother in law had his hospital appointments cancelled months ago as hospitals prepared for this. Plans and equipment were ready to convert the Nightingale hospitals, its simply not possible to plan something that size and have it built in two weeks. There was a huge amount of planning involved, most of it has worked. In the worst of times too many are happy to only see what has gone wrong, and there are too many "experts" on here and in general who seem to think because they have watched "the walking dead" know better than everyone else. Compare our governments press conferences to Trumps, and his response to the crisis. Good news? none of it is good news, but in this horrendous time, much is better news than the doomsayers and fearmongers would have us believe.

Fantastic post.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Posted in the main thread but also relevant here:

England 482 deaths
Scotland 10 deaths
Wales 41 deaths
Northern Ireland 1 death

UK Total - 534 Massive drop.

Stumpy Tim

Posted in the main thread but also relevant here:

England 482 deaths
Scotland 10 deaths
Wales 41 deaths
Northern Ireland 1 death

UK Total - 534 Massive drop.

Hate to be negative, but there's always a drop at the weekends.

The talk of easing the lockdown does suggest there is hope on the way though. There is light at the end of the tunnel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here