Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unsurprisingly my twitter feed is full of 'cars can just **** off, and now stay f****d off'.
But even by those standards this is quite something.

Traffic accidents and crash-related injuries and deaths were reduced by half during the first three weeks of California’s shelter-in-place order, which began March 20. The reductions save the state an estimated $40 million per day — about $1 billion over the time period — according to an updated special report released this week from the Road Ecology Center at the University of California, Davis

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Albion West Stand season ticket holder, and my late Dad's best friend, Bill Rippingale was released from hospital yesterday after 19 days in hospital being treated for Covid-19.

He's looking forward to getting back to full strengh and enjoying a piglets Chicken pie and a beer or 2!

Such a releif!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Albion West Stand season ticket holder, and my late Dad's best friend, Bill Rippingale was released from hospital yesterday after 19 days in hospital being treated for Covid-19.

He's looking forward to getting back to full strengh and enjoying a piglets Chicken pie and a beer or 2!

Such a releif!

Now THAT is just the sort of story I want to hear about on a dreary Monday morning...!

Cheered me up no end. I might just get off my lazy a**e now and do some work in the house.

Thank You.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was reading an interview with the EasyJet CEO yesterday and he mentioned, amongst many things, that when flights resume they might might not sell middle-seats ie there will always be an empty seat, or aisle, between passengers. This will make flying more enjoyable.

I was reading an interview with the EasyJet CEO yesterday and he mentioned, amongst many things, that when flights resume they might might not sell middle-seats ie there will always be an empty seat, or aisle, between passengers. This will make flying more enjoyable.

Probably just a gimmick as part of their recovery strategy. I wonder how long after implementation they will renege because of the cost.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Such a releif!

As a West Upper season ticket holder that has cheered me up big time reading that.

We're The West Stand, We're The West Stand, We're The West Stand, Brighton Boys!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably just a gimmick as part of their recovery strategy. I wonder how long after implementation they will renege because of the cost.

I got the impression it will be an aviation requirement as opposed to an EasyJet policy.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Less seats means a higher fare per seat ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Maybe, but it will likely mean more flights in total. Bad news

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

The whole idea of that is hilarious, I couldn’t believe I read that when he said it, so you have nobody in the middle rows but you have people sitting less than half a metre behind and in front of you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe, but it will likely mean more flights in total. Bad news

I'm not so sure, at least in the short and medium term.

I think a lot of people will be put off travelling globally anything like as much they used to, in the current and near-future climate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Less seats means a higher fare per seat ?

I would say each seat will cost 1.5 times more than usual. :) Or will it!!!!

But if demand is far less, which I imagine it would be, they will have have lower prices to get people on board.

Aviation fuel is a significant chunk of the air fair; the cost of this is currently rock bottom. This might offset the lower number of passengers. Besides, flight have been stupidly cheap for too long; maybe a correction is needed?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The whole idea of that is hilarious, I couldn’t believe I read that when he said it, so you have nobody in the middle rows but you have people sitting less than half a metre behind and in front of you?

Obviously it doesn’t not comply with the 2m rule you have in the UK but there’s going to have to be some practical compromises if we are try and return to some form of normality.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Aviation fuel is a significant chunk of the air fair; the cost of this is currently rock bottom. This might offset the lower number of passengers. Besides, flight have been stupidly cheap for too long; maybe a correction is needed?

Taxes are outrageous.

I’ve seen £1 tickets that cost close to £400 because of tax.

I’m certain we will see the end of the delay repay scheme ASAP - which will save money

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All of that [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I have two things to add to this.

1. It seems that Tony Blair is not only an expert on Weapons of Mass destruction he is now able to advise the government on how to deal with the Pandemic.

2 It takes the tragic shooting of 16 people in Canada for Sky news to stop asking why there isn't enough PEP to go round and getting Doctors on TV to blame the Government.(Although normal service was resumed in minutes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here